Hazah

U.S. denying all tourist visas

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Your sarcasm is misplaced. For one, as the mother of a US citizen she would not be available for an immediate visa number, which means after the petition is apporved you will wait a period measured in years for a visa. Apply for and receiving an immigrant visa is not the same as overstaying a non-immigrant visa. For whatever reason she was not able to satisfy them she was not a risk.

Nah, mothers of USC are considered to be immediate relatives and thus do not have to wait for a visa number to become available. It's category IR-5 and it's the same amount of waiting time as a CR-1/IR-1.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I'm guessing the attorney is softening your MIL up for "they denied all tourist visas in 2009.... but for $5,000 I can guarantee you get one."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm guessing the attorney is softening your MIL up for "they denied all tourist visas in 2009.... but for $5,000 I can guarantee you get one."

good.gif "For a small fee" that is :D

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it is easier to find a virgin in a ####### house than get a b2 visa from ukraine!! hahahahahaha

doubt if it was that. they are extremely hard to get. after 2 times i figered it is about money...you apply like 10 times over 4 years and you will get one finally

great luck though

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your sarcasm is misplaced. For one, as the mother of a US citizen she would not be available for an immediate visa number, which means after the petition is apporved you will wait a period measured in years for a visa. Apply for and receiving an immigrant visa is not the same as overstaying a non-immigrant visa. For whatever reason she was not able to satisfy them she was not a risk.

Yeah I know she apparently didn't satisfy the C.O. but as an immediate family member of a USC the wait is not that terrible. Look at the timelines/processing times it should be less than a year. The other thing is that she is approved for the GC at the consulate and receives one after entry. Denials on family reunification are slim to none unless the applicant's background prohibits it.

We have friends here inMadison that have had family visit. The situations are very similar including age, income, family back home etc. But obviously there is something else they don't like. The point I was trying to make Gary is this paradox of not allowing her into the country because of their idea her staying here (which they do not want and are denying her a visa) but yet they recommend she come here to live permanently by via immigration.

Nah, mothers of USC are considered to be immediate relatives and thus do not have to wait for a visa number to become available. It's category IR-5 and it's the same amount of waiting time as a CR-1/IR-1.

Thank You. I should have read further before I corrected Gary.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have heard this also, that if the MIL is retired and of retirement age, so to speak, it helps. I cannot confirm that.

So far my MIL has not expressed desire to come for even a visit. I guess we go there enough to satisfy her for the time being. Her health is not so wonderful and she doesn't want to travel so far. I may never find out first hand.

My Mil is retired, has been for about 7 years. Collects a pension (whopping $150 a month), owns a house (not a flat), helps take care of an 84 year old mother, has a son and daughter in-law (I was told at the consulate that a son does not carry as much weight has a daughter because "in our studies sons can "pack up and move".

It is frustrating, I can feel my B.P. go up just typing this.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah I know she apparently didn't satisfy the C.O. but as an immediate family member of a USC the wait is not that terrible. Look at the timelines/processing times it should be less than a year. The other thing is that she is approved for the GC at the consulate and receives one after entry. Denials on family reunification are slim to none unless the applicant's background prohibits it.

We have friends here inMadison that have had family visit. The situations are very similar including age, income, family back home etc. But obviously there is something else they don't like. The point I was trying to make Gary is this paradox of not allowing her into the country because of their idea her staying here (which they do not want and are denying her a visa) but yet they recommend she come here to live permanently by via immigration.

Thank You. I should have read further before I corrected Gary.

No problem. It was my impression immeidate visa numbers wera available only to children of US citizens, I will stand corrected.

I do not have personal experience with the MIL visa, only knowledge of about a half dozen friends and acquaitances. None of which are wealthy or have anything more in property than what you describe for your MIL.

I do not know the rhyme or reason (maybe there is none) though some of the things seem sensible (which means they probably aren't)

Anyway, goods luck to all seeking tourist visas, do the best you can to show they will return

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yup, spouses, children and parents of USCs do not have to wait for a visa number to become available. They are considered to be immediate relatives.

I'm not sure if siblings are, and if not, why not?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yup, spouses, children and parents of USCs do not have to wait for a visa number to become available. They are considered to be immediate relatives.

I'm not sure if siblings are, and if not, why not?

Siblings are considered immediate relatives, but take significantly more time to process (10 years + ) than children and parents. As others have explained to me, this is due to a couple of factors including: systemic overload requiring a sort of "triage" of who gets served first, and a desire to prevent abuse (citizenship should not be considered a lottery ticket for entire families, some of which can be quite large).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My MIL is coming from St. Petersburg to visit see our son that will be born in July. She already had a valid B2 visa since it was less than a year after the wedding. She applied before the old visa expired and was granted a renewal without an interview and with basically no questions asked beyond what was on the forms. I do know that it can be difficult for some, but I have had positive experiences with the process.

My MIL is coming from St. Petersburg to visit see our son that will be born in July. She already had a valid B2 visa since it was less than a year after the wedding. She applied before the old visa expired and was granted a renewal without an interview and with basically no questions asked beyond what was on the forms. I do know that it can be difficult for some, but I have had positive experiences with the process.

Thanks for this. Good to see some one actually winning the ####### shoot. Encouraging for us still at the planning stage.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.