Driss&alicia

Attorney Advice

5 posts in this topic

Hello i was wondering if anyone can reccomend an attorney that has good background in dealing with Casablanca and K1/CR1 petitions. Our interview is coming soon and even though we have come this far without an attorney i want to be prepared for the worse (please god dont let it come to that)Also i have read on here (cant remember where i saw it) that it is a good idea to call my senators office and be put on an immigrations list? what is this and i really dont want my senators office involved unless it is absoloutely necessary i dont want to piss casa off anymore then they already are lol lol :blush: Thanks everyone for your thoughts and reccomendations

wara a koli rajouline adeem emra a

ROC JOURNEY

05.19.2012 MAILED ROC PACKET

05.21.2012 PACKET WAS RECEIVED BY USCIS

06.05.2012 Check cashed

05.21.2012 NOA1

06.21.2012 BIOMETRICS APPT.

12.20.2012 APPROVED

01.02.2013 GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

01.07.2012 10 YEAR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

I don't think there is much you could gain from an attorney at this point. If you have an upcoming interview about the only thing they could do would be to coach you on questions and review any papers and doceuments for the interview.

You may get better information from discussing with other Casablanca members here as to what to expect and what type of questioning is asked and how to prepare.

As far a your second question - I am not aware of an "immigration list". Typically people contact their local congress person if their case gets held up for an extended period of time. The congress person can assign someone from their office to put in a congressional inquiry into the case. That is pretty much what it amounts to. They cannot impact a decision but they can sometimes get someones attention and get the case moving again.

I don't have personal experience with doing this. Actually I did contact my local congress woman about my case back in December - three times - and they never returned my calls or responded - so you know who will not get my vote in the next election! Some have had very pleasant dealings with theirs though - so one bad egg does not mean they all are.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know several people hired Marc Ellis, whom actually is located in Vietnam but he does have a office in the USA. Right now there is no use in hiring a lawyer, you already filed and there is nothing a lawyer can do for the interview. Just have your husband be well prepared, go over every aspect of your life.

I recommend getting acquainted with your Senator/Congressman office. If you do have problems after the interview they might be able to help you. It can't hurt.

Good luck in your journey.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Everyone is correct, there isn't anything a lawyer can do for you right now. Even if your file is returned to the USCIS for review, a lawyer would not be able to do anything to help you until you received an NOIR/NOID.

Do get in touch with your senate or congressional rep. You would need to provide them with a release in the event they need to submit an official inquiry on your behalf. Let them know a little about yourself, and your husband and that he has an interview scheduled on xx date in Casablanca, also let them know you just wanted to get in touch with them ahead of time in case any issues are encountered during or after the interview that they may be able to assist you with.

If you do not know who your congressman/senator is, use the following links to find out who represents your area:

Just do as suggested and prepare him well for the interview. Try to anticipate questions the consular officer may ask him during the interview process. Remember, for the most part they will ask questions about information you have provided in the original submission including info provided on all forms, evidence, etc. If your husband does not have a copy of the original petition, it would be helpful to send it to him. This way he will have an exact copy of what the consular officer will have for the interview. Good luck to you!

rose.gif~kiyah~rose.gif

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Alicia,

I am also in Seattle. My husband has been here 3 years. Get in touch with Senator Patty Murray's office. There is a link on her website for the privacy form you have to sign and fax or mail in. then call and see if Mary Pederson is still working immigration. She was a great help to us when we went through it. It basically just puts the consulate on notice that the office is 'watching' for the results of the interview. Whether it really does any good or not is unknown, but seems to make people feel better.

There are sample interview questions somewhere in the site here. That is actually how I found VJ; looking for interview questions LOL.

Drop me a line if you want to chat, get together ect.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.