Mikhail

Urgent G325a Question!!

13 posts in this topic

I just received my wifes signed and dated g325a form in the mail, theres just one problem that we forgot about, she moved unexpectedly from the time I sent her the form and the time I got it back. So she is now living at a another address different than the one on her g325a form listed as her "present address". Is there anything I can do like add a piece of paper behind it? I reallly really dont want to have to have her send the g325a back to me again but if thats what I have to do I will.

I just received my wifes signed and dated g325a form in the mail, theres just one problem that we forgot about, she moved unexpectedly from the time I sent her the form and the time I got it back. So she is now living at a another address different than the one on her g325a form listed as her "present address". Is there anything I can do like add a piece of paper behind it? I reallly really dont want to have to have her send the g325a back to me again but if thats what I have to do I will.

Mikhail.... I have read here many times that it is recommended that all the info is typed in.

I would say that is the best suggestion...but...I can tell you that we had a situation on our DS-230 where she put her married name where she should put her maiden name. I had not read the recommendations here at the time.....so I used white out and then printed her name (in pen) correctly. Our case is now completed at NVC without any RFE.

I do not suggest anyone do this....unless they are willing to accept a potential RFE.

Then I had her send me a new DS-230 with the corrected info in case we got an RFE.....which we didn't!!! :whistle:

It will get the paperwork in sooner...but may cause a delay later because of an RFE.

Mikhail.... I have read here many times that it is recommended that all the info is typed in.

I would say that is the best suggestion...but...I can tell you that we had a situation on our DS-230 where she put her married names where she should put her maiden name. I had not read the recommendations here at the time.....so I used white out and then printed her name (in pen) correctly. Our case is now completed at NVC without any RFE.

I do not suggest anyone do this....unless they are willing to accept a potential RFE.

Then I had her send me a new DS-230 with the corrected info in case we got an RFE.....which we didn't!!! :whistle:

It will get the paperwork in sooner...but may cause a delay later because of an RFE.

The information on that particular question on the G325A has caused several people that I know of to get RFE's. I would have a new form sent, with the correct info.

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

i understand but do you think i could get another sheet of paper and put her current address on the sheet of paper? the i30 petition form i can print off ryt now with her correct address the other one i need to make a correction is it worth the extra time of getting a new one or do you think i can just send it in with a correction?

id like to get it in tom, im just weighing my options because if i had to have another one sent it would be about another week bfore i can send the stuff in taking us into the middle of may, and about 1000 out of my wifes wallet

Edited by Mikhail

what is an RFE and what are the consequences?

Request For Evidence

As you can see....most will tell you that a PERFECT form is the best opportunity at not receiving an RFE and I agree.

An RFE can add weeks to your timeline...waiting to receive info from USCIS...gathering info....re-submitting.

It will also add time waiting for new corrected form signed by her.

It all ends up being your call and what chances you are willing to take!

Everything I have read here.....and there is very good reading!!!!!.....indicates that no two cases are handled exactly the same!!!

Good luck on whichever way you decide to handle it!

Most of VJ will disagree with me on this, as this may seem like lie ...but you can send it is as it is right now with her old address...and when your case is received at USCIS contact them and give them the new address.

Alex A

----------------------------

9/16/2009 - Married

USCIS

1/22/2010 - I-130 sent

1/27/2010 - USPS tracking - Delivered, CHICAGO, IL 60680

2/02/2010 - NOA1

2/07/2010 - NOA1 - Hard copy

3/31/2010 - NOA2

4/1/2010 - NOA2 - Email & Text (~58 days)

4/5/2010 - NOA2 - Hard copy

NVC - Taking my time with it...

4/8/2010 - got NVC case # & gave them email address (~ 1 week)

4/13/2010 - Choice of Agent email from NVC (~ 5 days)

4/14/2010 - Email sent to NVC with "Choice of Agent

4/19/2010 - NVC email confirming "Choice of Agent" email (~5 days)

4/20/2010 - NVC email with AOS and IV bill

4/23/2010 - AOS fee paid & package send

4/26/2010 - IV fee paid

5/21/2010 - IV pack mailed to NVC

5/28/2010 - NVC received IV packet

6/10/2010 - SIF & RFE (for PCC different for Sir Lanka)

6/11/2010 - CC (with RFE)

USCIS Online Change of Address

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

G325a is biographical and needs to be current when submitted. I would update it and get it signed and mailed again.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Most of VJ will disagree with me on this, as this may seem like lie ...but you can send it is as it is right now with her old address...and when your case is received at USCIS contact them and give them the new address.

It is a lie. That's the problem.

She will need to complete another G-325A and sent it in. You cannot attach a form/letter because at the time of signing she agreed the form was correct, but that was a lie. You also cannot attach a sheet saying she's moved since signing.. because she would need to sign it as the truth, and the fact you HAD to attach a piece of paper shows that BEFORE you submitted everything she moved..

Pretending she didn't move till AFTER everything is submitted is a slippery slope because you will need to continue that "lie" throughout the process so you don't get into trouble. WAY more effort than it's worth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.