Lewis

Response from my rep. about recalled cases

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Here are some excerpts from the doc. my rep. sent me:

"When an I-129F petittion is approved, the original petition is sent to a federal storage facility in Harrisonburg, Va. As a result, the service center did not have a record of those approved I-129F petitions that were not issued visas under this new regulation".

"Your I-129F petiton will retain the original receipt date. The American consulate in Ciudad Juarez received the information requested in the Request for Evidence from you. As a result, your case is in the process of being reviewed by an ajudications officer. Once a final decision is made, you will be notified directly".

Hope this helps somehow. No big news here, I'm still waiting.

:whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Here are some excerpts from the doc. my rep. sent me:

"When an I-129F petittion is approved, the original petition is sent to a federal storage facility in Harrisonburg, Va. As a result, the service center did not have a record of those approved I-129F petitions that were not issued visas under this new regulation".

"Your I-129F petiton will retain the original receipt date. The American consulate in Ciudad Juarez received the information requested in the Request for Evidence from you. As a result, your case is in the process of being reviewed by an ajudications officer. Once a final decision is made, you will be notified directly".

Hope this helps somehow. No big news here, I'm still waiting.

:whistle:

Huh? Your RFE was sent to the consulate??? What the heck does that mean? And I haven't seen where it matters one iota that our petitions retain the original receipt date. Nobody seems to give a freakin rip what the receipt date is. :unsure:

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline

I'm kind of confused about it. I think it means that my RFE was not sent there but the answers to my questions were sent there so they would be prepared ahead of time. Who knows at this point. When I talked to my rep on Friday, they did not mention it. I'll ask them about it next week.

Mentioning the receipt date is something else, so far it does not seem to have any significance whatsoever. Hope we get reaffirmed this week!

The biggest problem is that USCIS processes are primarily manual, paper based. An good insight into USCIS

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/OIG_05-41_Sep05.pdf

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
The biggest problem is that USCIS processes are primarily manual, paper based. An good insight into USCIS

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/OIG_05-41_Sep05.pdf

Thank you very much, I'm beginning to understand the USCIS better at this point. They really do need to get away from their antiquated system. Wow, 56 pages and I only have gotten to #12! :no:

Have a nice Sunday

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.