elmcitymaven

Irritating BS your SO does

1,246 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh darling, the looks ARE there. I just don't know if your balance is large enough. I do so hope you bank at Coutts and not some pleb bank like the Halifax. :dead:

Little place by the name of Child & Co actually, perhaps you've heard of it? Can't recall ever having stepped foot into a Halifax, I hear they give away toasters when you open an account though. :rofl:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

Between the gun rack comments (and FYI and redneck knows that DODGE trucks are the way to go) and the quote listed above...

Me thinks you are jealous of big trucks and not being able to handle a "big gun" across the pond!

That's the only reason why Americans are poor! Almost $3.00 a gallon again for 14 miles per gallon the feed the trucks!

And yes, THIS THING does have a Hemmi!

:rofl:

I've honestly no idea what you just said. :whistle:

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Little place by the name of Child & Co actually, perhaps you've heard of it? Can't recall ever having stepped foot into a Halifax, I hear they give away toasters when you open an account though. :rofl:

When you need 'a little Xtra help' a toaster can come in quite handy!

Yes, worked near it for some time when I was working in a barristers' chambers in the Middle Temple. Child & Co, huh? Well, maybe I will send that CV on after all.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

I'm over near Luther Burbank Middle School. You?

Well, I'm in Pasadena now but I grew up off Sunset Canyon Drive. I know exactly where you are! :)

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

they have PG tips at Big Lots? For $3 a box? That is the most amazing news I've heard all year.....

Seriously. I may have to borrow a Dodge, sans gun rack, to go load up. Where is this legendary Big Lots?

Seriously. I may have to borrow a Dodge, sans gun rack, to go load up. Where is this legendary Big Lots?

Use this handy locator to find one near you! http://www.biglots.com/store_locator.aspx

I found the PG Tips at the one in Scottsdale, AZ. I was killing time while waiting for an oil change on my phat wheelz (not my deathtrap Sentra, however, which I sold in 2007 :cry: ). It's a great place and has a very random assortment of stuff. For a while, it was a pink lemonade Metamucil goldmine, but I didn't see any there yesterday.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Just about to go pick up my car, which seems to be the source of a lot of arguing and joking here. :lol: I know everyone will hate me, but thank you Julian for being such a great friend and future husband. :star:

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Use this handy locator to find one near you! http://www.biglots.c...re_locator.aspx

I found the PG Tips at the one in Scottsdale, AZ. I was killing time while waiting for an oil change on my phat wheelz (not my deathtrap Sentra, however, which I sold in 2007 :cry: ). It's a great place and has a very random assortment of stuff. For a while, it was a pink lemonade Metamucil goldmine, but I didn't see any there yesterday.

There are two near me, one tres ghetto and another with a tiny car park, so I go to the Ghetto Big Lots. They seem to sell a lot of NutriSystem ready meals, which I always think is weird. Last time I was there I got a fantastic lawn chair with cupholders AND a leg rest for $14. I am set for summer.

Melissa -- Sunset Canyon? Nice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

OK, Gemmie, here's another from me. When my husband sorts the laundry, he always mixes up the clothes. So, I'll be missing things, or the kids will be missing things and I finally find them in the wrong basket of laundry. It drives me batty. And, yes, this is something that he knows drives me crazy.

He also drives way too close to the curb! It freaks me out! And he knows it! laughing.gif

Other than that, he's practically perfect. luv.gif

:lol: Julez.

I just thought of something else after reading an old accent topic here. I can no longer order my favourite platter at the local diner, called the Mambo Combo, again. My husband asked why I pronounced the last part 'so British'. I had no idea what he was talking about, it's because of the 'O' in the word 'Combo'. Try saying it now. There's no way to make that sound non-British unless you intentionally say it like the Americans and say "Cambo". Which I refuse to do. And the last time I went to order it, I got a fit of the giggles because he was waiting for my accent to come out, and I literally couldn't make my order. :angry:

We'll talk about my 'O' words when he addresses his 'A' words. It's not HAIRY, it's Harry. it's not CREG, it's Craig.\

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

laughing.gif The accent thing I can relate to. I now know there is a difference between the name Barry and the word berry, and even pronounce them differently now.

I'll have to check with the hubster about the word 'combo'. Should be interesting. laughing.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Americans and say "Cambo".

OH HEY WAIT! Don't group all Americans in with the Boston Yankee accents! Down here we talk real slow and nice like for people to understand ;)

And we say Combo. :yes:

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.