32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh my - you have two topics about same issue? OK .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You should write up a letter to withdraw the K-1 visa, and send it to

: USCIS

2. that embassy and

3. DOS

to avoid future snags with the I-130 petition.

But - you've an attorney, and yer attorney should have told this to you, already.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our CR-1 waited til 4 months before we received any RFE's or anything to do with the case after we recieved a letter of receiving this petition of course. If it hasn't been 4-5 months, you may not hear anything from the CR-1. I married in Morocco and filed I-130 for my Moroccan husband. Once the USCIS received the Arabic marriage certificate they requested...we were APPROVED at USCIS the next day and our case was sent to NVC..... Has it been at least 4 months since your Notice of action date on the CR-1 or I-130 petition/form? ...Our RECEIPT of NOA1 was Sept 22, 2009...got RFE on January 26, 2010...so 4 months. You can always call USCIS and tell them of the problems to the operator and ask advice what needs to be done since You have filed CR-1. If they feel it is necessary, they can put you through to higher up (their supervisor) if they do not know answers or can't resolve this. Will not hurt to try. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your petition(s) and/or fiancé's attitude is anything like yours towards Bob 4 Anna, it's no wonder you two are having difficulty.

As a U.S. citizen, it is not your right to bring a fiancé(e) or spouse home via immigration, it is a privilege. And because it is merely a privilege the burden of proof is on you. Difficult consulate or not, this comes in the form of substantiating evidence which supports a legitimate, on-going relationship. It (or his manner) was deemed false, and you were denied. You've given us no real information, save for complaints and scattered dates.

What was the quality of your evidence supporting the I-129F leading up to the denial? Has he ever been the subject of a petition before? What is his employment history? Etc.

Depending on the grounds of the denial, the consulate could just as well deem your marriage fraudulent as well. Anyone can marry, it's not as if the act itself lends credence to anything. If they identify indicators of deception when unmarried, don't you think they'll do the same a few months down the road -- regardless of his marriage status?

Point is, you need to overhaul things, determine exactly what went wrong, and make an effort to correct the information or his behavior in order to achieve a different outcome. Probably would be good to have him not give a cheesy smile next time, eh?

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

And while there are plenty of good immigration attorneys (and services) in operation, don't rest all of your laurels on having appointed yourself one. Cautious awareness of their activities is in order, as they don't always produce. And having a lawyer assist does not necessarily mean that he/she will automatically overcome whatever problems you encountered during the I-129F phase of your effort.

Keep in mind that short of courtroom intervention, an attorney may or may not be able (or inclined) to do much more than you, me, or anyone else can. I'd be a little more receptive to advice in this forum, clearly explain the specifics of your petition, and cull the information you get here -- while transposing it over what your attorney is saying. Your best chance at success is by educating yourself.

In the absence of any further information, we'll have to assume you submitted your CR-1 in an organized, complete, accurate manner which positively supported a legitimate marriage. If the only addition to the equation has been marriage, and you submitted all of the same information in exactly the same way, you may face a similar situation again.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

18-Nov-10 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

what date was the check cashed?

checked cashed April 5th

But I have to know what to do about the I-129F being sent back

that has to have decision before they can do anything with the I-130C

So, I wondered if anyone ran into this

Immigration has everything

photos

both our birth cerificates

passports

2 passport photos

criminal background checkes

Naitonal ID

marriage certififate

power of attorney he gave to me

letters of family and friends who witness marriage and support us

all the copies of the I-129F

there have about 60 forms and letters

I am a paralegal and i sent everything

but i am not familiar with immigration

seems we should have heard more from interview that happened in January

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our CR-1 waited til 4 months before we received any RFE's or anything to do with the case after we recieved a letter of receiving this petition of course. If it hasn't been 4-5 months, you may not hear anything from the CR-1. I married in Morocco and filed I-130 for my Moroccan husband. Once the USCIS received the Arabic marriage certificate they requested...we were APPROVED at USCIS the next day and our case was sent to NVC..... Has it been at least 4 months since your Notice of action date on the CR-1 or I-130 petition/form? ...Our RECEIPT of NOA1 was Sept 22, 2009...got RFE on January 26, 2010...so 4 months. You can always call USCIS and tell them of the problems to the operator and ask advice what needs to be done since You have filed CR-1. If they feel it is necessary, they can put you through to higher up (their supervisor) if they do not know answers or can't resolve this. Will not hurt to try. Good luck.

But i need a decision on the I-129F first

the marriage was in answer to the CO who decided his family would not approve without asking them

that is what i am asking about

His family did eveything for the marriage to answer the denial

Timeline

sorry - you have already married this person.

marriage invalidates the I-129F petition, so regardless of any 'status' at

USEM

DOS

USCIS

you NEED to write a letter to WITHDRAW the I-129F petition, immediately, and

send this letter to:

USEM

DOS

USCIS

Good Luck !!

(that's it, I'm out - you and I seem to have a language problem, sorry)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The I-129f is now a dead issue. You need to make a written request to withdraw the K-1. Why?

1. He is no longer eligible for this visa, it is a fiance visa and he is now your spouse thus he is no longer qualified for this visa.

2. You cannot have two petitions filed for the same person by the same person. Part of the problem may be confusion due to both a fiance and a spousal visa being in the system

Look on the back of your cashed check or call your attorney and request the case number so you can track your case online.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You should write up a letter to withdraw the K-1 visa, and send it to

: USCIS

2. that embassy and

3. DOS

to avoid future snags with the I-130 petition.

But - you've an attorney, and yer attorney should have told this to you, already.

She would be withdrawing a petition, not a visa. There never was any K1 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

She would be withdrawing a petition, not a visa. There never was any K1 visa.

Ya, Sorry - I DID MEAN the I-129F petition, you betcha !

Timeline

Pushbrk is just up to his semantic antics again! He's a stickler for proper wording, that one.

I'm just glad my visa petition was approved so quickly at the embassy by the USCIS service center case officer in the ICE section, though. Phew!

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

18-Nov-10 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My finance had interview January 28th and was denied

The CO would not look at any of his information.

She asked him "DOES YOU FAMILY APPROVE?"

He smiled and said yes.

She said 'YOU SMILE AT ME. YOU LIE. I WILL NOT GIVE YOU VISA."

SO I called attorney here and he advised me to go to Morocco and marry.

I have done that and sent in new CR-1 application. But I hear nothing. I wrote to my US Senator and was assigned someone to look into this bu tI hear nothing.

Is there anything I should be doing. I received my receipt July 7, 2009 and it is almost a year now.

Please any help you can give us is appreciated

We married March 15th, 2010

but we could not open joint account in Morooco. They would not let us

I had to return home to take care of my property and he does not have visa for here so we only could live together 2 months so far

jeanne

Did your lawyer withdraw the first petition? That could be holding up your 2nd petition. Have your local Congressman/Senator do an inquiry on your new case.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.