Cowgirl2

WAITING and waiting

176 posts in this topic

We're on the same course.

I would have a "domicile issue" like you guys if I did not postpone my interview

I ready various posts about domicile and there is no assurance of approval even though you show all your papers showing intentions to move back to USA

I postpone my interview to comply on this and my husb went back to US to get a job and settle there in March

Now he is settled and our documents are ready..this wait for interview is taking forever...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're on the same course.

I would have a "domicile issue" like you guys if I did not postpone my interview

I ready various posts about domicile and there is no assurance of approval even though you show all your papers showing intentions to move back to USA

I postpone my interview to comply on this and my husb went back to US to get a job and settle there in March

Now he is settled and our documents are ready..this wait for interview is taking forever...

at my interview they would not accpet the court papers i had showing that i could move my children and also a parental agreement signed by the natural father and myself and two lawyers. montreal wanted hand written notarized letter from natural father giving permission and also photocopies of his ID to prove signature, which was no problem i had it done within one hour after interview and was sent in courier and montreal received april 28. now we just waitinggggggggggggg......

that was the only thing marked on the letter that day at montreal

Timeline

Thanks Trailmix for the hopeful wishes.

Smurfette and Taurus, I live in Woodlands, Texas which is northwest part of Houston! I used to visit a friend in Tyler all the time about 5 yrs ago. There was a Mexican restaurant there that was absolutely AMAZING but can't really remember the name...Once everyone is in Texas we should definitely meet up. Hope you guys get your visas soon as well as my husband. Funny part is he was just telling me how much he is craving real mexican food..hahaha

These things are so simple that could have avoided backlogs, uncertain wait times for uncertain unforeseen issues if there is a systematic processing in place.

This can be similar to "walk in" type of service...everything's computerized now a days..but looks like the system still adapts primitive ways...

Even if you have an overflowing patience..... but with this type of treatment..you're going to get drained and lose your sanity :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone, seems like everyone is in the same boat. I sent in my additional documents on april 20th and still haven't heard anything. I've managed to hold myself back and only emailed twice... although that was over a month ago and still haven't heard anything. My fiance contacted his congressperson this week and we're hoping beyond hope that it will kickstart something. We've already bumped our wedding date back once when we learned it would take longer, but that date is coming up really soon now too.

Lets keep each other informed about how many weeks we've waited and please please let us know when visas finally arrive because it does boost spirits.

today is 7 weeks now and only 3.5 weeks until our hopeful wedding date. Montreal pls kick through a whole slog of paperwork!!!! fingers crossed!

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

Hi Everyone, seems like everyone is in the same boat. I sent in my additional documents on april 20th and still haven't heard anything. I've managed to hold myself back and only emailed twice... although that was over a month ago and still haven't heard anything. My fiance contacted his congressperson this week and we're hoping beyond hope that it will kickstart something. We've already bumped our wedding date back once when we learned it would take longer, but that date is coming up really soon now too.

Lets keep each other informed about how many weeks we've waited and please please let us know when visas finally arrive because it does boost spirits.

today is 7 weeks now and only 3.5 weeks until our hopeful wedding date. Montreal pls kick through a whole slog of paperwork!!!! fingers crossed!

hello

6 weeks for me tomorrow

i emailed twice as well and nothing

my husband went to congress office

the office is contacting head office in Dallas and having them check into montreal

it is very stressful and really hard living apart

after all marriage was to unite together...never had that feeling yet

been married since feb 09 filed I130 march 09

and waiting..........

crossing fingers... and praying

Timeline

Thanks Trailmix for the hopeful wishes.

Smurfette and Taurus, I live in Woodlands, Texas which is northwest part of Houston! I used to visit a friend in Tyler all the time about 5 yrs ago. There was a Mexican restaurant there that was absolutely AMAZING but can't really remember the name...Once everyone is in Texas we should definitely meet up. Hope you guys get your visas soon as well as my husband. Funny part is he was just telling me how much he is craving real mexican food..hahaha

yes there is a place on highway 69 it always packed full of people we have never gone to that restraurant but i know which one you talking about

anyword on your visa?????

hope we all get our visa soon

crossing fingers...and praying hard

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Nothing yet as of yesterday. My husband is getting really annoyed now because he needs to travel for business and he doesnt have his passport. He doesnt want to ask for it now because it has been 10 wks since we sent in our additional documents for the second time and we just keep hoping that its going to arrive soon. Getting our senator involved didn't help any either...

Well I'm not exactly in the same boat as you guys but I am still waiting as well.. put in AP, it will be 4 weeks tomorrow, they have not sent me an RFE or anything that I'm aware of.. emailed them over a week ago and no response, my fiance sent a request to his senator to look into it but that might take even longer. Seriously what is Montreal doing? I'm stuck at my parents' house with no passport and no way to see my fiance :(

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing yet...

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Nada.. my fiance sent another email to the consulate today, but they haven't responded to the one I sent yet either.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Okay spoke too soon, Kevin got home from work and had a letter from his senator, they have put in the inquiry for us to see what is going on. :)

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay spoke too soon, Kevin got home from work and had a letter from his senator, they have put in the inquiry for us to see what is going on. smile.gif

Good! I hope this gets things moving for you!

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.