Chazzie

Can i do private Oath Taking done by Magistrate Judge?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! :blush: I just had my citizenship test/interview last April 22 @ 630 Sansome in SF, CA and i passed.I just need to wait for the oath taking sched.My question is, Can i do a private oath taking done by a Magistrate Judge?I mentioned to her that i just took my us citizenship exam last week and i passed and that i just have to be sworn in.She states they used to do that here in Masonic,Sf and i told her its now done in Oakland.She wants me to ask if she can do it herself coz she's definitely sure she can.I just need to ask and verify first,(i just dont know, whom i should ask and call) just to be sure.Anything that can speed up my Naturalization process, i'm willing to do it, as long as it can be done. :thumbs: And if not, then I'm willing to wait. :hehe: Any response and comment is greatly appreciated.Thank you! B-)

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everyone! :blush: I just had my citizenship test/interview last April 22 @ 630 Sansome in SF, CA and i passed.I just need to wait for the oath taking sched.My question is, Can i do a private oath taking done by a Magistrate Judge?I mentioned to her that i just took my us citizenship exam last week and i passed and that i just have to be sworn in.She states they used to do that here in Masonic,Sf and i told her its now done in Oakland.She wants me to ask if she can do it herself coz she's definitely sure she can.I just need to ask and verify first,(i just dont know, whom i should ask and call) just to be sure.Anything that can speed up my Naturalization process, i'm willing to do it, as long as it can be done. :thumbs: And if not, then I'm willing to wait. :hehe: Any response and comment is greatly appreciated.Thank you! B-)

I would call USCIS and ask. We tried to have a federal judge do it (as my husband was changing his name and thus needed to go before a judge), but USCIS told me that the judge cannot actually administer the oath. The judge is there to change the name and a USCIS representative has to administer the oath. So, we had to wait for a scheduled naturalization ceremony. But, cases may vary and it is worth asking.

Timeline

I would call USCIS and ask. We tried to have a federal judge do it (as my husband was changing his name and thus needed to go before a judge), but USCIS told me that the judge cannot actually administer the oath. The judge is there to change the name and a USCIS representative has to administer the oath. So, we had to wait for a scheduled naturalization ceremony. But, cases may vary and it is worth asking.

Thanks so much for the insight!^_^

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am a lil bit confused, why some people wants to make a private oath ? i mean not for anything but i wanna know .. is there something wrong?

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Timeline

I am a lil bit confused, why some people wants to make a private oath ? i mean not for anything but i wanna know .. is there something wrong?

no offense Sand,its just that its so hard for me to get off of work during weekdays,plus the fact that its now held in Oakland.(it used to be held in SF before)and also, if it will save me time to get it done ASAP i would do it, coz it would mean less time for me to wait so i can file my I129f for my fiance.If it cannot be done, i would gladly join all my fellow new U.S. citizens during the ceremony. ;)

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Clear, Thanks for your answer, and good luck :)

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't think that will work, but if it does, let me know.

I personally would love to take my oath in the courthouse of the city I live in, instead of having to sit with a bunch of weird people in a big hall, waiting perhaps all day. Call it the Cadillac Plan of citizenship oaths, and I'd love to sign up for it.

(Even better would be if I could sign a form, have it notarized at the courthouse here in town and mail it in.)

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You don't ask that question here, should have asked your IO after you passed your interview. Instructed my wife to ask her IO at St. Paul about the same day oath to save that long trip, was told they don't do that here, and besides your application has to be sent off someplace for final approval. How come some offices have a same day oath? I don't know, we don't do that here.

Reason I wanted my wife to ask is because St. Paul has a history of letting applicants wait up to a year for a huge oath ceremony and we are not residents of Minnesota. After a call to my senators office learned the IO's supervisor approves the application and the office manager can administer the oath. And that is what happened just three days after I made that call.

Did chat with a woman outside that worked there as a filing clerk, said it was a mess to prepare some 3,500 certificates, then the case remains opened until the oath ceremony is over. But she was just a lowly filing clerk. Would be far more efficient for them to have the same day oath, so they could close the file, but how do you tell the office manager that?

Another reason given for long delays, they like a federal judge to pass out the certificates, only have a couple with very busy schedules and then trying to schedule a large hall to accommodate a huge crowd. But you end up with the same piece of paper and the only one that really cared about my wife getting her certificate, was me.

Timeline

I don't think that will work, but if it does, let me know.

I personally would love to take my oath in the courthouse of the city I live in, instead of having to sit with a bunch of weird people in a big hall, waiting perhaps all day. Call it the Cadillac Plan of citizenship oaths, and I'd love to sign up for it.

(Even better would be if I could sign a form, have it notarized at the courthouse here in town and mail it in.)

USCIS only allows an approved US citizen applicant to be sworn in with a presence of a Judge and a USCIS officer.I already received my oath sched which is 26th of this month so i wont bother.(it's a wednesday, so i dont have to switch sched w/ my coworker)I'll just save the judge the hassle and just ask her to marry me and my fiance when he comes here within that 90 day period.wink.gif

good luck everyone!

♥Timeline♥

AOS

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.