MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lol...mi wi sen yuh one likkle more!!! But ongle AFTA mi si some PICS!! chaaaaaaaaaa

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/finessetwins/031.jpg

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/finessetwins/048.jpg

i posted these before....maybe yuh neva see dem

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh and NAT....about the changing of the board (forgot about that)

Yes it is true the board has changed some....but that is to be expected because the longer people are on here the board has to evolve...it goes through stages. 1) New people come on to ask questions about the process... 2) people waiting for and getting interviews........ 3)SO's getting approved and arriving---or denied ....4) discussions of adjustment/life/family...

So as less new people come on who are just going through the process thus less "journey talk" will happen, and same can be said that there will be an increase about adjustments to the US as people go through these steps.

BUT... I was here since 2006 and although I don't have the best memory around....I can say...the board has not changed THAT MUCH!!! You(not you personally) have to understand that with every person who comes on here we bring different personal history and personality and although we may be on a similar journey we have come about it and will experience it in different ways.

I guess this post was more to sum up what happened in here yesterday. It bothers me to no end when people are rude. There is no excuse for that!!! This all started when someone didn't like what someone was saying and instead of posting an opinion using tact and common courtsey it was posted with pure venum! Then, others came on to defend the venumous post by stating that the board has changed and nobody wants to hear the truth and make excuses that the poster always talks like that and is meant in no harm!!! THAT IS BS!!! What that reminds me of is in the south when they say a slanderous statement..if they follow it up with ....."bless his heart" it is ok that they may have just called the person a low lying byatch of a hore but it is ok because of that last statement.....uh NO!

Let me also say that this board will not be the everything for everyone at all times and change does happen... I don't post a lot because maybe at the time I have no interest in the topic but that doesn't mean I will go run and bash it to others...I just SMH and move on and check back later when the topic has moved on....

Love Peace and Hair Grease...yall, stick a fork in me I am DONE, chat with yall lata Off-Topic2.gif

You are a VET Jamerican and if anyone has seen changes it would be you. I also don't have tolerance for rude, mean people. I like what you said here! Respect....

No one said it was gospel, and no one said that it was said in the right manner - But over time of posting together, people get comfortable - the best analogy that I can make to it is imagine moving away from your family for a year or so - you come back for a family reunion, and there are new people there - Do you act all brand new and like you are the outsider, or do you act the same as you always did, and blurt out what you want to say in the manner you have always said it? That is exactly what happened here yesterday - and you have been here long enough to know that the posts were not meant in a malicious manner, that they were posted in the same tone as the posters have always posted things -

Where did I ever say that I wanted props for the vets? You big up JG as being a valuable contributor (which she is) - yet Shemmy, who still posts here, has said a million and one times that she doesn't share things because people in here now, for the most part, don't want to hear it - All that they want to hear is that they are 100% right, and if you disagree with what was said, you made a personal attack on them.

How and what in my post was an attack? And if it was an attack, why did I get so many PMs (and not from Vets) thanking me for saying what they wanted to say? This is what is twisted - Some people in here can't see an attack when it is plain as day, but try to twist words from others into an attack -

No one ever said there weren't issues - but it never went to the pure gutter level that it has - and no matter what debates went on, people hashed it out and moved on - As evidenced by the previous posts, which aren't even worth the time it would take to quote and respond to the junior high level that they sunk to - Some people seem to feel that they should be the center of everyone's world, that their word is gospel, and that if you disagree with them, they hold a grudge for the rest of time - because of course, you must have a problem with them - they could never be wrong, could they? When people had disagreements, others have jumped into the disputes and voiced their opinion - but they never tried to turn it into the Junior High Bash fest that posts have risen to over the past year - Look at Dada and I as a classic example - we had our disagreement, others voiced their opinions, but didn't put judgment on either of us - We are over it, are cool with each other (I think, lol) and moved on - That is what the difference in this thread is now - Because there are a few members on here who simply can't do that and can't let it go - they thrive off drama, and continually try to stir it up without really and truly knowing what they are talking about. Whether they do it in public on the forum or in PMs, it's happening - We are all supposed to be grown women, isn't it time to act like it?

How was it bashing - They saw something that made them feel the need to speak up, because they thought that maybe they could inject something that would help someone else - Ells was one who was supposedly "bashed" - but she read it, interpreted it, and gave a response to it without taking an attitude about it - I give Ells a lot of props for sharing what she has and taking ownership that her husband is not the only cause of problems in the relationship, and trying to take the steps to fix things - That is one of the hardest things in life, to recognize your own flaws, admit to them, and work on them - it takes a very strong person to do that.

Even the vets who stay have stated, over and over, that people do not what to hear what they say, and don't want to know their opinion unless they are agreeing with what the person did / said - So what is contradictory?

And there is respect given to the vets? Never once did I say that what they said was right / wrong, how they said it was right / wrong - But they come on here trying to help in a situation that they feel they can maybe give some guidance in, based on their experience, and they are attacked for it? And you wonder why people don't come back to share?

Respect Sus! Again well said and to piggyback on what yuh said bout Shemmy you are right no one wants to hear what ppl who have gone through it and only want to share so we can learn from thier past experiences! More times that I care to count has it gone south and ppl interpret it as a personal attack! Damn shame, and mi cyaa manage ie!

Hey Philly...it is sad indeed. Some are too busy debating instead of listening and learning. If this info does not certain them ...why are their panties in a bunch?

EXACTLY!!!! :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

People are not always going to agree on everything. Arguing is healthy sometimes, IMO. I've been on this board almost 7 years and have met dozens of couples and have become friends with dozens more. Unfortantely, most of their relationships have failed so I always try to share my experience as well as theirs.

We have more similaries than differneces on the board. Like Ells situation, trust and believe - her hubby lying habits will definitely not the first or last time it happened to a couple.

What I should have said is the lack of respect. Yes arguing can be healthy, but attacks and disrespectfulness, not cool.

Filed: Timeline

dats what mi finna go do!!! HEY, where u was when I needed you on Monday...A&PIII midterm I crashed!!! Mi cyant memba the damn ligaments in the damn foot...wha mi need ta kno dat???

LOL..yuh know wey fi mi find me man...yuh need fi know man..the foot was HARD fi meee..u can do it..gotta mek up songs AND MEMBA DEM..foot wasnt easy

Guess you TOOK my words as laced with venom (word spelled so). Perhaps because you are so used to people tiptoeing around hemming and hawing.

So be it.

But that's MY style and if you nuh like it, keep stepping. Whether you find my topic offensive or not is really of no consequence to me, I stated it was an attack, you are free to pin whatever you like on me, good workout for your imagination!

ahahha..mi a try ignore yuh pos dem English but yuh sound lie mi granny..wah di one go bout ants bite?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Then, others came on to defend the venumous post by stating that the board has changed and nobody wants to hear the truth and make excuses that the poster always talks like that and is meant in no harm!!! THAT IS BS!!!

What is BS is the amount of pure venomous attacks that were posted by others on this board - yet you skim over them completely and focus on my post or the other posts of the vets who appeared yesterday - Read back through the thread, I can think of at least 3 people who posted stuff yesterday that was WAY out of line, off topic, and unnecessary - they had to throw their hat in the ring and try to instigate and escalate the situation - Yet that seems to be okay with you - I guess cause they are not VETS, and they share stuff, they are allowed to instigate personal attacks? Double standard here?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Finess, yuh get di new Tanya Stephens album?? Mi seh, mi a play it pan RAPID since bout lass week!!

Finesse, when yuh a come a MD??? Mi neva photograph twins before!!! Dem cute is a shame!! Dem fayva yuh older son bad bad...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow: The board is on fire!!! I received my biometrics appointment letter in the mail;biometrics scheduled for June 02. :dance: :dance:

Mrstee: You see mama, school administration sees the potential in you and know that you will make a great teacher. Congrats!!

KJ: God is good; all the time. Happy to hear there's no tumor sweetie.

Shanette: Congrats to hubby getting that job

JAPrincess: Good luck on your interview. You got it this time around, I'm claiming it for you and hubby.

TAMH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL..yuh know wey fi mi find me man...yuh need fi know man..the foot was HARD fi meee..u can do it..gotta mek up songs AND MEMBA DEM..foot wasnt easy

I handed in my test and my teacher looked at me and said "WHAT?" cause I left so many blanks next to the pic of the foot....all I could say is ......I can't remember :wacko:

What kinda song you gonna make to remember the plantarcalcaneonavicular ligament??? all I know is how to make it feel good---I aced the practicle!!! Oh well, will have to do extra good on the final.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

What is BS is the amount of pure venomous attacks that were posted by others on this board - yet you skim over them completely and focus on my post or the other posts of the vets who appeared yesterday - Read back through the thread, I can think of at least 3 people who posted stuff yesterday that was WAY out of line, off topic, and unnecessary - they had to throw their hat in the ring and try to instigate and escalate the situation - Yet that seems to be okay with you - I guess cause they are not VETS, and they share stuff, they are allowed to instigate personal attacks? Double standard here?

Yes, apparently if you share yuh scandals dem, yuh allowed fi comment. Otherwise yuh haffi siddung and kibba.

That's what rule 143(a) of the Yardies at home and a farrin says. Yuh neva read di rule book?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Morning all!!! Hope every1 is doing well. I took off 2day b/c hubby has road test later today.

Stay positive ladies!!!!!!!! Later

Good Luck MO :thumbs:

KJ, if I take your advice & get sick... :angry::bonk::lol:

-----------------------

Since several people have stated that the board has changed, it must have. But I wonder what is differet? What I've come to expect to see here: adjustment stories , advice & tips on the process, general gabbery about life happenings, Jermaine videos

To me, that's what I see here, except the process tips/advice part has gone down a bit, as have the Jermaine videos.

So what is the difference from "before"?

Did someone say Jermain Videos whoooiiiieeee mi knoa yuh miss deh FEVA LOL

where is the selector jaenglish?

sen mi a link to the latest reggae chunes...pleez

hubby act like he nuh like reggae music no mo :angry: he has taken a liking to wha mi son listen to...likkle wayne han alla dat

mi a send it deh pon FB stand by :rofl: :rofl:

The only thing I see gone wrong with the thread is arguing. Other than that its an open forum where people with similar experiences share. I have met several couples in person so its a great place for me but to each his own. Nothing is supposed to stay the same because if it does, it means there is no growth!

But grow into what? that is the whole point!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Finess, yuh get di new Tanya Stephens album?? Mi seh, mi a play it pan RAPID since bout lass week!!

Finesse, when yuh a come a MD??? Mi neva photograph twins before!!! Dem cute is a shame!! Dem fayva yuh older son bad bad...

mi nah lie english finesse dem cute fi true :) not like my princess of course cause a fi mi dem hahahaha (hope yuh no tek dat no way) but dem cuuteeee..

wow: The board is on fire!!! I received my biometrics appointment letter in the mail;biometrics scheduled for June 02. :dance: :dance:

Mrstee: You see mama, school administration sees the potential in you and know that you will make a great teacher. Congrats!!

KJ: God is good; all the time. Happy to hear there's no tumor sweetie.

Shanette: Congrats to hubby getting that job

JAPrincess: Good luck on your interview. You got it this time around, I'm claiming it for you and hubby.

YAY!!

Afternoon misslady!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.