MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hell, this is going to upset enough people anyway, let me just say the rest as well.

Lady C, when you married your husband, you accepted him AND his child.

So it PAINS me that LESS than a MONTH after the boy gets here, you're talking about shipping him home because he doesn't fit in with your expectations of behaviour??????????????

If as you say, this behaviour started and was accepted in Jamaica, what did you think was going to happen when he came here? And if you didn't know about it, do you think it'll take a WEEK or even a MONTH to change?

Let me ask you, let's say YOUR children had the behaviour problem, (yes I know they are well-behaved rae, rae), and your HUSBAND decided he couldn't deal with it, would you ship your kids off to your ex?? Yes I know he probably supports you, rae rae....But this is a CHILD we are talking about, your HUSBAND's CHILSD. Who he LOVES. Why would you send him back to a home that has failed him in your words? Because you signed up for better but not for this worse?

Philly's kids in her own words have been a HANDFUL, do you see her husband walking away? Hell no, he STAYED and DEALT with it as a TEAM.

Damn, the kid is SEVEN years old, take the reins and do what you need to, support your husband and help him deal with his son, because he is YOURRRRRRRR joint responsibility now!

ALl I can say is the more I read this board the more I am appreciative of what I have, and NO life isn't no bed of roses round here.

But when my son threw my husband's advances back in his face, my husband never told me to send him away. And when my son acted the hell up, my husband dealt with it. And when my son came back from his dad's with a whole new set of retorts, he dealt with it. And still deals with it.

The only thing I'd like to say about this is that no one can possibly understand what another is going through unless the have walked a mile in "their shoes". I believe what Lady C is feeling is frustrated. I understand her because my own has been horrible. I thank my husband everyday for dealing with mine but its hard when you aren't functioning as a "team". Marriage, family, etc are life changing events and it takes time to get used to it all. I'm pretty sure this wasn't what she expected. And the little boy's own mother is saying she can't handle him. The minute you let a child dictate how things go is the day you've lost control of the situation. I think its best to be supportive of Lady C because I know when I was dealing with mine, I was very close to ending his life, thats how bad it was. When you try everything you can to help them and they still act an azz, its a hard pill to swallow. The courts even said my child "Exhausted all the possibilities of the juvenile system" what do you do? These "types" of children don't come with manuals. I don't suggest you give up but it's going to take time and effort on all parties to help correct the situation.

Just my opinion, on the matter no hostility, no arguement.

I just can relate oh so well. Lady C, I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to allow Jahiem to soften his heart and help you and husband deal with things and get through it...

ehhehe..tell ur fb thingy so i can add u

Check your PM!

I miss u here. I am good. Thanks for asking!!

Morning 1luv! How are you doing? You been staying out of trouble, right? :bonk: Poe Thang!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Good morning.

That's great news, MrsTee! Gives you some breathing room.

Thank you because I really almost quitcrying.gif

Good morning ladies...Im saying a special prayer for all my family on this board who may be going through their own personal struggles. God Bless you all.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Kimmy and JAE. Missed you guys.

In Ells defense, I think sometimes her choice of words in poor. I do not believe she meant to state it that way. I get what she's saying though. It's not about having friends of the opposite sex. It's not even about telling your SO about certain friends in particular. JAE is right in that you will probably never know ALL their friends of the opposite sex just cause you can't possible be around 24/7. What I think Ells is all about, and correct me if I'm wrong, Ells......it's about LYING about the whole thing and then her catching him. It's about his pattern of lying over stupid little things. Her rant was more or less if he could just be honest, it wouldn't be a thing.

That being said, I have mostly male friends. I would not do well if someone told me I couldn't have those friends cause of what MIGHT happen.

In LadyC's defense, that child is a handful. And, it is going to be a long, hard road for them. Would she send him back already? I am guessing no. I don't like the whole inferring that she might, one bit. But, I get why. It's a hard road and more stress at this point is not really what she saw in her future. So, what if she's talking about it? It's called venting. God, knows she probably needs us cause who else really understands at this point? Dad doesn't want to really upset the child cause he's probably just happy the child is here. It's going to take a lot of time and patiences and for lack of a better word, "training". Manners, adjusting to a new life, behavior modification....it's all going to take time. LadyC, the only thing I would ask is that you not use the words "send him back" unless you are prepared to do so. I can't stand those words thrown out there so easily by so many.

None of that is insurmountable. But, it's going to take a lot of time, patience, and communication. I'm so sorry both of you are going through tough times. I wish you both the very best.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Wow 5!!!!! Oh that is awesome!!!

They say the first five years or the hardest so you'll have to let me know if folks are right.

LOl 1st 5 sure aint no walk in the park...BUT we love each other STILL after every argument or misunderstanding....it doesnt work when the love fades after every argument..he told me last night "i'm so proud to have to as my wife and partner"

Timeline

YAYYYYY kicking.gif Tee I'm so happy you got that letter see the school knew just like we did your too good and dedicated to let this bump in the road stop you. So please Keep on Keeping on!!!!

I will thanks for all the encouragement mi sistas kicking.gif

Timeline

The only thing I'd like to say about this is that no one can possibly understand what another is going through unless the have walked a mile in "their shoes". I believe what Lady C is feeling is frustrated. I understand her because my own has been horrible. I thank my husband everyday for dealing with mine but its hard when you aren't functioning as a "team". Marriage, family, etc are life changing events and it takes time to get used to it all. I'm pretty sure this wasn't what she expected. And the little boy's own mother is saying she can't handle him. The minute you let a child dictate how things go is the day you've lost control of the situation. I think its best to be supportive of Lady C because I know when I was dealing with mine, I was very close to ending his life, thats how bad it was. When you try everything you can to help them and they still act an azz, its a hard pill to swallow. The courts even said my child "Exhausted all the possibilities of the juvenile system" what do you do? These "types" of children don't come with manuals. I don't suggest you give up but it's going to take time and effort on all parties to help correct the situation.

Just my opinion, on the matter no hostility, no arguement.

I just can relate oh so well. Lady C, I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to allow Jahiem to soften his heart and help you and husband deal with things and get through it...

I am not currently experiencing any isses of my own; but I am on the outskirts, watching someone else deal with issues that I think will one day lead to some major issues. If BOTH parents aren't on the same page, those kids learn to play both parents. God, the stuff I've seen lately makes me sick.

So, yeah, fight the fight LadyC. It's not going to be easy. I think I've seen enough of you on here to know you aren't the surrender kind. Hang in there. You can do this.

LOl 1st 5 sure aint no walk in the park...BUT we love each other STILL after every argument or misunderstanding....it doesnt work when the love fades after every argument..he told me last night "i'm so proud to have to as my wife and partner"

Awwwwww. That is sweet.

Today is a good day, K. Doing well.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Good morning ladies...Im saying a special prayer for all my family on this board who may be going through their own personal struggles. God Bless you all.

So glad that you didn't quit Tee!

In the name of Jesus, we all need prayer so please keep them coming. We are one family on here and as we all know, we all have our own seasons. I'm praying for each and every storm to be conquered in any of our lives at this very moment. May we all come through the storm with understanding, patience, and love! The enemy is busy y'all attacking our families, marriages, careers, children...but I rebuke him (F)

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Thanks Tee because Lord knows I am!!! I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning I just laid there like a zombie. The move is this week and I’m so overwhelmed no one is really pitching in a hand to help me and we all know I’m day late and a dollar short trying to figure out how to pull this off. I keep wanting to postpone it but I refuse to I’m going to figure out how to make this work.

That's awesome...5 years! I wish you nothing but contineud love, happiness, and success! I love to hear of couples fighting the fight and making it do what it do! :yes:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.