MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, he went with the blue slip!

I have been informed that they KEPT EVERYTHING!

yellow%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E2%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EWHAT%21%3F%21%3F%5E_%5E.gif

They kept the blue slip...

The proof of relationship folder with 50 pictures, copies of boarding passes and hotel receipts.

BOTH copies of the waiver it took me a month to prepare. :crying:

All the original copies in the waiver to be filed, original letters from the doctors, original medical records etc. There were duplicates of everything in his copy.

*I told him to carry both copies because I read that the embassy will sometimes want a copy of the waiver being filed.

I DO have a copy here with me, because visa journey told me "always keep copies" (L)

So anyway, he went to the gate, they let him in...

they took ALL his papers, gave him a number and told him to wait.

The man called him to the window and said I am sorry your fiancé is not eligible to file a waiver on your behalf.

I suggest you get married and have her file for you again....???

And I don't care if they are reading, if they are reading I say please, please, I am here alone with two children and hanging on by a thread! :crying:

So my man asked for the man's name, was denied his name and that was it. He got up, and walked out.

again I say...

I am so tempted to be at that embassy in Kingston on Monday between 1 and 3 pm emoticon_smirk.gif

Probably smarter to make an infopass appointment...

For now this light weight drinker, is gonna drink another Red Strip and go cry on the shoulder of a friend...

Thank you kind people, for you help and support (L)

Jap I am at a lost of words I feel your pain. I pray that all works out soon. Keep the faith and stay strong I know its easier said then done. Take care

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

JaP, hold the faith.....DO NOT give up, take the weekend as a respite because the battle anew starts Monday.

I would call your congressman. Let him start doing his bit over here.

Email or call the embassy and try and get the name of someone there to drop it off to.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, he went with the blue slip!

I have been informed that they KEPT EVERYTHING!

They kept the blue slip...

The proof of relationship folder with 50 pictures, copies of boarding passes and hotel receipts.

BOTH copies of the waiver it took me a month to prepare. :crying:

All the original copies in the waiver to be filed, original letters from the doctors, original medical records etc. There were duplicates of everything in his copy.

*I told him to carry both copies because I read that the embassy will sometimes want a copy of the waiver being filed.

I DO have a copy here with me, because visa journey told me "always keep copies" (L)

So anyway, he went to the gate, they let him in...

they took ALL his papers, gave him a number and told him to wait.

The man called him to the window and said I am sorry your fiancé is not eligible to file a waiver on your behalf.

I suggest you get married and have her file for you again....???

And I don't care if they are reading, if they are reading I say please, please, I am here alone with two children and hanging on by a thread! :crying:

So my man asked for the man's name, was denied his name and that was it. He got up, and walked out.

again I say...

I am so tempted to be at that embassy in Kingston on Monday between 1 and 3 pm emoticon_smirk.gif

Probably smarter to make an infopass appointment...

For now this light weight drinker, is gonna drink another Red Strip and go cry on the shoulder of a friend...

Thank you kind people, for you help and support (L)

I am so very sorry to hear but trust in God everything will ok. "When things go wrong have faith in God He will make a way for you"

Timeline

well ladies i will be sure to post on monday as soon as we get back from Kingston keep us in ur prayers as i know u will. I hope that everyone with Embassy issues get these issues resolve and i do agree we all need a hugh pray cause some craziness been going on down their.

My prayers are with you guys. I took this excerpt from the book "Prophets and Kings" I hope it brings comfort to your hearts.

"God's faithful, praying ones are, as it were, shut in with Him. They themselves know not how securely they are shielded. urged on by Satan, the rulers of this world are seeking to destroy them; but could the eyes of God children be opened , as were the eyes of Elisha's servant at Dothan, they would see angels of God encamped about them, holding in check the hosts of darkness." also take in consideration that we are all God's children, all He wants for us is joy. God never disappoints, just believe that he holds your life in His hands, pray and have faith, leave everything in His hands, everything will be alright.

JAP, so sorry to hear. I am praying for you guys! Keep your head up.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Hope Everyone is having a great weekend! They are never long enough... :no:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys my in laws told me that they never understand when I talk...I mean I have a strong island accent too, but you dont understand me and I understand you LMAO....My mother in law says she likes it when my sister in law is in the room so that she can translate.....

How I figured it out is one day I was talking and I really noticed they kept saying excuse me! excuse me! and that is when the told me. So now mi a haf to talk patwa. I was dying laughing.

Timeline

Good morning yardiie,

I haven't been on the site since my wife reached the usa three months ago. Iam enjoying the marriage life and she is adapting to the south, lol. Well, u know the corn bread, collard greens etc. She misses the brown pea stew, curry chicken and tings but the food isn't like home. Just sent off petition for my step daughter and I can't wait for her to be here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys my in laws told me that they never understand when I talk...I mean I have a strong island accent too, but you dont understand me and I understand you LMAO....My mother in law says she likes it when my sister in law is in the room so that she can translate.....

How I figured it out is one day I was talking and I really noticed they kept saying excuse me! excuse me! and that is when the told me. So now mi a haf to talk patwa. I was dying laughing.

That is too funny!

Good morning yardiie,

I haven't been on the site since my wife reached the usa three months ago. Iam enjoying the marriage life and she is adapting to the south, lol. Well, u know the corn bread, collard greens etc. She misses the brown pea stew, curry chicken and tings but the food isn't like home. Just sent off petition for my step daughter and I can't wait for her to be here

Its good to see you. Maybe you can find a market that sells those things and she can make them at home. Good luck helping your step-daughter reach...

Good morning Yards...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning yardiie,

Aww so happy to hear things are working out. Man you made me hungry with this post.

Timeline

Good morning yardiie,

Hey Myjamwifey. Glad to hear you all are doing well, and that she seems to be adjusting well. Oooh, the corn bread and collard greens sounds great. As far as the food/seasonings are concerned--do you guys have an Carribean stores near you all? If not, you might wanna check out the Spanish stores. I know they eat similar to folks from the Carribean. I actually find alot of the seasonings and foods from Jamaica in a store called Compare. I'm not sure if you guys have one where you are. Good luck with filing for your stepdaughter. I know several up here have filed for stepchildren, and would probably have some really good tips for you. Enjoy and God bless! :thumbs:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Hello Yardies!

I am new to this thread. I got my interview date finally! It will be on July 19. My hubbie will be coming down to support me at the interview. YEAH!! I saw him in May for 2wks when I went to visit but jeez July can't come soon enough. LOL

I am here trying to determine when to tender my resignation.

1) Can anyone tell me the timeframe in which you received your passport from DHL?

2) What is the process like at Mobay Hope for the medical? Is it an all day thing?

I really want to be ready to depart Jamaica early August but I don't want to burn bridges at work so I would prefer to give 2wks notice.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

Peace,

MaryLan

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-16

I-130 RFE : NONE

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 2010-04-14

NVC Received : 2010-04-19

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill:2010-04-27

Receive I-864 Package: 2010-05-04

Return Completed I-864:2010-05-15

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-04-26

Receive IV Bill:2010-05-03

Pay IV Bill: 2010-05-06

Receive Instruction Package:2010-05-06

I-864 and IV package sent: 2010-05-15

NVC received package: 2010-05-19

IVR updated saying package received: 2010-05-25 (Called NVC June 2 - Operator says the packages received May 24 have not been reviewed. I can smell an SIF!!

Case Completed at NVC: 2010-06-04 - Yeah finally! I feel a July date coming!! I checked the Payment Center too often, but I was excited to get my SIF today!!!

NVC Left : 2010-06-11

[/b]Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-11

Medical: 2010-07-05

Interview Date : 2010-07-19 at 7:30am

Interview Result : APPROVED!! YEAH!!!

Visa Received: 2010-07-23

POE: 2010-08-14

Green card ordered: 2010-08-31

Green card received: 2010-09-04

Applied for SSN at the local office: 2010-09-16

SSN received: 2010-09-21

Filed Removal of Conditions: 7/30/12

Approved: 3/13/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi MaryLan goodluck on your interview in July.

For the medical I am not sure if it is a all day process, my hubby did his in kingston it took about 2 hours. All I would suggest is to be there early.

Arrival of the visa varies. for me our interview was approved may 7th and we received June 11th. While others received their within 5-7 business days or even 2 weeks it really depends.

turning in your resgination letter is up to you I would wait until I receive the visa in my hands to turn in my letter and give them 1 week.

Good luck!!!! and welcome.

Timeline

Hi MaryLan goodluck on your interview in July.

For the medical I am not sure if it is a all day process, my hubby did his in kingston it took about 2 hours. All I would suggest is to be there early.

Arrival of the visa varies. for me our interview was approved may 7th and we received June 11th. While others received their within 5-7 business days or even 2 weeks it really depends.

turning in your resgination letter is up to you I would wait until I receive the visa in my hands to turn in my letter and give them 1 week.

Good luck!!!! and welcome.

Thanks sugarapple.

Thanks for sharing this information. I appreciate your response.

Regards,

MaryLan

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-16

I-130 RFE : NONE

I-130 RFE Sent : N/A

I-130 Approved : 2010-04-14

NVC Received : 2010-04-19

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill:2010-04-27

Receive I-864 Package: 2010-05-04

Return Completed I-864:2010-05-15

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-04-26

Receive IV Bill:2010-05-03

Pay IV Bill: 2010-05-06

Receive Instruction Package:2010-05-06

I-864 and IV package sent: 2010-05-15

NVC received package: 2010-05-19

IVR updated saying package received: 2010-05-25 (Called NVC June 2 - Operator says the packages received May 24 have not been reviewed. I can smell an SIF!!

Case Completed at NVC: 2010-06-04 - Yeah finally! I feel a July date coming!! I checked the Payment Center too often, but I was excited to get my SIF today!!!

NVC Left : 2010-06-11

[/b]Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-11

Medical: 2010-07-05

Interview Date : 2010-07-19 at 7:30am

Interview Result : APPROVED!! YEAH!!!

Visa Received: 2010-07-23

POE: 2010-08-14

Green card ordered: 2010-08-31

Green card received: 2010-09-04

Applied for SSN at the local office: 2010-09-16

SSN received: 2010-09-21

Filed Removal of Conditions: 7/30/12

Approved: 3/13/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.