MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good to hear that your niece will be fine and I hope you'll get well soon. Do you want twins?

Wasnt planning on it :no:

But I'll take what the man above gives me :huh:

JQ: Just try to relax and pray. Twins! Wow! Does twins run in his family or yours?

He knows of twins no where in his family

My grandmother had twins with the 11 pregnancies she had but they passed. Not sure whats behind it never asked her. No one ever with the rest of her kids or grandkids had twins

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

That really sucks :(

Maybe she didn't know what the rate would/should be...

I know that I am super paranoid about finding a photographer... to me it is so important that the photos be good. I just don't know how to screen photographers, what the average cost is, how to FIND photographers to screen....

:help:

Average cost can range from anything from $500 or so to $4000.

What I would do is Google photographers in your town.

Then, CHECK OUT their portfolio. You MUST see they have weddings in their portfolios. Then, if they don't have an ENTIRE wedding on their website, ask to see a few.

I would say look at at least 10 photographers.

Make sure you are happy with ALL of their work, not just the odd nice photo here and there.

Again, try asking family members, work colleagues for recommendations.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

:lol:

I know I can't afford her airfare, hotel and fee :no:

:crying:

I know airfare to Cali is a bunch from here....but maybe something would work is finding 4 or 5 people/families who want photo sessions done the same weekend as your wedding and could do them!! Costs would be greatly reduced.....Otherwise, I can definitely work on finding a Cali photographer that I think does nice work!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know airfare to Cali is a bunch from here....but maybe something would work is finding 4 or 5 people/families who want photo sessions done the same weekend as your wedding and could do them!! Costs would be greatly reduced.....Otherwise, I can definitely work on finding a Cali photographer that I think does nice work!!!

Yardies in Cali

JAPrincess

Jonsie

Ells

Jamerican - west coast

I know there has to be more.

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Average cost can range from anything from $500 or so to $4000.

What I would do is Google photographers in your town.

Then, CHECK OUT their portfolio. You MUST see they have weddings in their portfolios. Then, if they don't have an ENTIRE wedding on their website, ask to see a few.

I would say look at at least 10 photographers.

Make sure you are happy with ALL of their work, not just the odd nice photo here and there.

Again, try asking family members, work colleagues for recommendations.

Thanks girl :luv:

Sure wish I could get other people in on a photo shoot... but with the visa thing and not knowing when he is going to get here, it's hard to convince others to commit to a photo shoot sometime in the next 2-6 months. LOL!

Appreciate all the suggestions you have! Even $500 seems expensive to me right now :blink:

I mean if this was a NORMAL wedding and we had a year to save and plan it would be different... *sigh*

I know God will bless me and it will all work out as it should....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning, All.

Why did I RUSH to work this morning for a 6:30am meeting with someone in the United Arab Emerites... only for him to not show. He accepted the meeting just yesterday, so that was too short a time ago to forget. :(

Also, yesterday I was having the most back pain EVER. It felt like the rib cage on the back right was severly bruised. It hurt to take a deep breath, it hurt to move an arm across the body, even talking hurt sometimes. Today it feels a lot better, but there is still some pain. What I couldn't understand was what caused this pain... but last night I think I figured it out.

A word of advice: Don't try new positions where all your man's weight is focused on a small part of your body (esp if he's gained over 30 lbs).

I need to go read back & see what DaDa was talking about where she needed a pump & a leg was in the way.

this is by far the FUNNIEST shyt I've read on here in months!! :rofl:

JaP, here are few that seem ok!

http://nancarrowphotography.com/

emh-photography.com

http://krashingmotions.info/#

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Thanks girl :luv:

Sure wish I could get other people in on a photo shoot... but with the visa thing and not knowing when he is going to get here, it's hard to convince others to commit to a photo shoot sometime in the next 2-6 months. LOL!

Appreciate all the suggestions you have! Even $500 seems expensive to me right now :blink:

I mean if this was a NORMAL wedding and we had a year to save and plan it would be different... *sigh*

I know God will bless me and it will all work out as it should....

Next option is, see if there is a college near you that offers photography as a major and if they do, call up and ask for the photography course tutor and ask him to recommend a student, that could work out incredibly well...I would still want to see a portfolio...Otherwise, you could state the price you are willing to pay on Craigslist....I would BEG you to let me vet the applications before you choose someone though!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

YAY!!!! No sweeter words!!! Didn't your heart LEAP when you saw the mail????

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.