MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

morning all!

Mi chap aff di whole a mi hair lass nite. I AM FREE!!! :dance::dance:

All natural again!

Been natural 2 1/2 years now.....Kinda considering relaxing again, my hair just win't behave in a sensible manner....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kjenkins: Here is our story. I will try to be short and sweet! We met while I was on vacation with girlfriends back in 2007. He was the lead singer in the band smile.gif We did the whole distance thing for about 2 years. Then he got his tourist visa and was coming back and forth. Essentially living together for about 10 months. Went home with him to meet his family- on our way back got stopped by immigration (saying he was coming to the states too frequently to be on a tourist visa) and revoked the visa all together. So, the beginning of K-1 process. Now he is back- FINALLY! Just got back a couple weeks ago. Wedding is July 24th. Super excited!

Thats a nice story except for the revoking visa part.. welcome to the board and Congrats on your nuptuals!luv.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Been natural 2 1/2 years now.....Kinda considering relaxing again, my hair just win't behave in a sensible manner....

no mon, nuh bodda wid dat.. go get u a nice twist style or something.. ive been a lil over 2 yrs too.. i like diversity tho, so i will sport a wig or weave in a min, but overall, i love my natural curly kinks LOL

Timeline

oh okay..mista is from mobay.. when did u guys get married, looks like it was really soon after he came.. i don't blame you.. its funny when i married roger, all my friends say WHY YOU RUSH?? its like come on?? ive been knowing him for 2 yrs?? thats not a rush.. wacko.gif

Yeah MoBay men rock!!!! lol

I think its because they don't realize that we've known them for awhile, its just that we have to get married quickly.. at least on a k-1 so to them it seems fast.

Timeline

So wait you were with him when they took it? Shut up!!! Isn’t a visitor’s visa to visit so what if you come back and fourth? Kissteet well I’m glad you two are together anyway thanks for sharing I think that is so sweet. Another girl on here met her guy through a band!!!

yes it raises flags..they believe if you are coming too often u must be working or trying to live here on the slide.. a so ie go :crying:

Timeline

So wait you were with him when they took it? Shut up!!! Isn't a visitor's visa to visit so what if you come back and fourth? Kissteet well I'm glad you two are together anyway thanks for sharing I think that is so sweet. Another girl on here met her guy through a band!!!

So you'll learn I love hearing about weddings it's my thing. So tell me your plans for yours. One day I'm going to have my own wedding planning team:

Dada- Will Coordinate

English- Will take the pics

Lady C Will assit English with helping the couple pose.

Sus- Will make sure all legal documents are in order.

JG- Will plan the bachloreete and bachelor parties

Tee- Will write the vows

JQ Boom- Will bless the couple with a prayer

Dillion- Will watch the kids during the ceremony/reception

Jenkins- Will coach the couple on how to resolve anger issues

Philly- Will select all the music

Lawny- Will cook the food

Nat- Will show them ways on how to save money

Jamerian- Will do their couple massage

Suga- Will plan their honey moon in the VI Islands

Quana- Will keep the guest pon de dance floor

rofl.gif

Right Q 2007 was a heck of a year....

Ha ha........I am all for the parties!!!!!

I'll make the scrapbook after too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So wait you were with him when they took it? Shut up!!! Isn’t a visitor’s visa to visit so what if you come back and fourth? Kissteet well I’m glad you two are together anyway thanks for sharing I think that is so sweet. Another girl on here met her guy through a band!!!

So you’ll learn I love hearing about weddings it’s my thing. So tell me your plans for yours. One day I’m going to have my own wedding planning team:

Dada- Will Coordinate

English- Will take the pics

Lady C Will assit English with helping the couple pose.

Sus- Will make sure all legal documents are in order.

JG- Will plan the bachloreete and bachelor parties

Tee- Will write the vows

JQ Boom- Will bless the couple with a prayer

Dillion- Will watch the kids during the ceremony/reception

Jenkins- Will coach the couple on how to resolve anger issues

Philly- Will select all the music

Lawny- Will cook the food

Nat- Will show them ways on how to save money

Jamerian- Will do their couple massage

Suga- Will plan their honey moon in the VI Islands

Quana- Will keep the guest pon de dance floor

:rofl:

Right Q 2007 was a heck of a year....

Yea. I was with him! It was terrible. I was sitting there waiting for him to come through the visitors section of immigration for like an hour and finally some officer came over and said he was being detained, sent back to JA in the morning and his visa was cancelled. They took his phone so I couldn't even talk to him until the next day when he reached home. And you know all they gave the man to eat all day while detained was a cheese sandwich! Nice hospitality huh? We thought we were fine if he abided by going home before the 6 month limit each time- guess not. They said he was behaving an an intending immigrant who was just vacation back at home. GRRR. Oh well, all past us now thank God.

I do event planning for a living so I had our whole wedding planned in about 2 weeks! LOL. Its an afternoon wedding in Lincoln Park Zoo overlooking the flamingo pond. Then they have a little reception area that is right there too. We will have about 25-30 people there. Hoping some of his family can get visas approved to come over and enjoy the day with us. Fingers crossed. Open bar, lots of food- his friend is DJing for us and playing the sax for the processional (should be nice). Its a great venue because all of the flowers and decorations are already built in. I am just hoping it is not blazing hot at the end of July. But hey, its Chicago- I will be surprised if we reach over 75 :)

Timeline

K1 Timeline:

I-129F Sent to CSC: November 9, 2009

I-129F Received by CSC: November 10, 2009

NOA1: November 10, 2009

NOA2: March 19, 2010

NVC Received: March 26, 2010

Interview: May 11, 2010

VISA APPROVED!

Visa Received: May 21, 2010

POE: May 21, 2010

AOS Timeline:

Sent: August 12, 2010

RFE: August 21, 2010 (outdated 485-blah)

Re-sent: August 23, 2010

Received: August 24, 2010

NOA1: September 10, 2010

Biometric Appoint: October 12, 2010

Biometric Walk-in in Chicago (unsuccessful): September 24, 2010

EAD Touch: September 24, 2010

EAD Touch: September 27, 2010

485 RFE: September 30, 2010

EAD Touch: September 30, 2010

485 Touch: October 1, 2010

EAD Touch: October 1, 2010

RFE documents sent in: October 6, 2010

Biometrics Complete: October 12, 2010

485 Touch: October 13, 2010

EAD Touch: October 13, 2010

485 Transferred to CSC: October 13, 2010

485 Touch: October 15, 2010

485 Touch: October 21, 2010

EAD Card Production: October 22, 2010

485 Touch: October 26, 2010

485 Touch: October 27, 2010

EAD Received: November 1, 2010

Green Card Production: November 16, 2010

Green Card Received: November 22, 2010

Timeline

morning all!

Mi chap aff di whole a mi hair lass nite. I AM FREE!!! :dance::dance:

All natural again!

Whoa, why?

Does anyone have big plans this weekend? :unsure:

Nope not me...

Dens I am actually driving to Ft Wayne, IN to meet up with the kids. The original plan was to go meet my Aunt and Mom there and pick up Jazz since he was going to go to summer school. With all of our schedules though it won't work out. So now I am driving up there to bring him things he will need for the summer and hang out with them for a day and then will drive back. He will fly from Detroit to NYC next weekend. Then I will be officially kid free. I'm kind of glad for the meet up though because I already miss them a lot. I miss getting all my hugs and kisses from them everyday. :crying:

Awww...

Kjenkins: Here is our story. I will try to be short and sweet! We met while I was on vacation with girlfriends back in 2007. He was the lead singer in the band :) We did the whole distance thing for about 2 years. Then he got his tourist visa and was coming back and forth. Essentially living together for about 10 months. Went home with him to meet his family- on our way back got stopped by immigration (saying he was coming to the states too frequently to be on a tourist visa) and revoked the visa all together. So, the beginning of K-1 process. Now he is back- FINALLY! Just got back a couple weeks ago. Wedding is July 24th. Super excited!

Oh ok, sweet.

Wait, how did you file for ead and you didn't marry yet?

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Once you go, you know! good.gif

Not necessarily true.. I told you I went and had a horrific experience... so much its gonna be hard for me to go back, but hopefully you and Dillon will change my mind about it.

Timeline

Hi Yardies (((WAVING))) wah gwannn. What have I missed?

offtopic45vn.gif

My 19 year old daughter is a 36DDD and we are having a very hard time finding swim wear tops. Does anyone know where we can find cute ones. My friend says if we find one in the maternity store or a plus size one she can alter it.

I know how she feels, believe it or not I can find bathing suits in Walmart...and if she is smaller at the bottom she can switch bottoms, if she gets a two piece...

Timeline

dw, no plans really, gonna reclaim my dancehallqueen crown, thats always the plan when i can make plans LOL

try to do something fun with the girls too..since its just us.

my youngest has a love/hate relationship w/ roger, she wouldn't say bye to him yesterday or give him a hug, i don't know if she was playing like they always play or what, but it wasn't nice to me.. my oldest is 13, when roger called for her, she was nonchalant, like bye.. .. i was so embarrassed, i know they are just kids and they prolly really could care less that he is gonna be gone and thats okay, but dyam don't act like it..now i know what my mama went thru, cuz i didn't get my social gene till a couple of years ago LOL

i have work to do teaching them interpersonal skills :angry:

That would have teeded me off to its like come on yawl just work with me. You don’t have to do back flips but don’t be rude. I’m so scared when I remarry because my oldest son has already told me he doesn’t wanna see me with no one. He actually told me he doesn’t want me to refer to my X husband as his dad anymore. I knew their relationship was strained but I didn’t think it was that bad.

Timeline

Not necessarily true.. I told you I went and had a horrific experience... so much its gonna be hard for me to go back, but hopefully you and Dillon will change my mind about it.

You didn't meet the right people.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

oh okay..mista is from mobay.. when did u guys get married, looks like it was really soon after he came.. i don't blame you.. its funny when i married roger, all my friends say WHY YOU RUSH?? its like come on?? ive been knowing him for 2 yrs?? thats not a rush.. :wacko:

Mobay.... Buck Buck!!!!

Timeline

That would have teeded me off to its like come on yawl just work with me. You don't have to do back flips but don't be rude. I'm so scared when I remarry because my oldest son has already told me he doesn't wanna see me with no one. He actually told me he doesn't want me to refer to my X husband as his dad anymore. I knew their relationship was strained but I didn't think it was that bad.

Kids can be so cruel. mad.gif

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.