MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies....Im so damn sleepy I dont know what to do. NYC was a blast my hubby really enjoyed it all. We got home at 5am today G slept for an hour and was off to work. I slept late but made it to work. Now I wish I was in my bed....Lawd please help me through this day.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I had a 4 day weekend and I'm still tired!!

Morning, everyone!

That was something my husband was concerned about, as he has a couple of friends that have married American women & claim that once married, the women got mean.

At least you're actively working it.

@ the couponmom site forum, people post their "Numbers" each month. May was the first month I tracked all of my grocery & drug store purchases (Kroger, Randalls, WalMart, Target, CVS, Walgreens). Picture I spent $395 for $1688 of products, for a 77% savings! Plus I stocked up on many items & won't have to buy them for a LOOOOONG time, so I expect my monthly spending to go down.

Yea I'm working on it because I'd choke him if he tries to be as rough and mean to me as I am to him and that's no6t fair.

Great saving, I'm still trying :star:

Good morning Yardies:

Lady C looks like you had a great time..

Congrats to you Nat.. .(im clipping coupons as we speak)

KJ hey mama, can't wait to meet up with you and G again in AC on the 19th.

I hung out with a yardie couple this weekend. We had a great time. woooo I was feeling no pain lol

Have a great day folks...

Hey mama, can't wait either, thanks for reminding me, I gotta call that person.

Wow! What a weekend. Lots of friends and fun. We went camping Saturday night....swimming, boating, 4 wheeling. It was sooooooooooo fun. Sunday morning, I had a rude awakening. My dad was rushed to the ER at 3:30 a.m. He had a heart attack. We zoomed home.

4 blockage...2 they didn't seem worried about too much. 2 stents. Loaded him up with Plavix and some diet and exercise tips. Sent him home Monday afternoon. Kind of unbelievable to me since he's 72 years old.

My family loves the medical drama on holiday weekends.

Oh wow, I hope he feels better soon...

Hi all, unno abandon me yesterday! well I am glad u guys have a great long weekend!

I was on here checking every second too!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

The fact that they pretty much put a band aid on him and kicked him out, Nat.

Ouch...

Afternoon All! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a safe holiday!

JG, so sorry to hear about your dad!

I regret that I didn't get to link up with TAMH and her hubby since they were up my way this weekend. TAMH, I owe you a link up for sure Mama. You are too sweet and I was glad to get to speak with you and your hubby.

My hubby has been worried sick y'all. His son is in Kingston and I just don't think he is going to be easy until his son is 100% safe so I been supporting him and trying to remain positive and staying in prayer!!!! (L)

I hope all is well with everyone! :thumbs:

I second that glad to hear auntie is okay!

Hey Dens, I still can't get used to your profile pic!

I thought tivoli calmed down by now? Has he been speaking to his mother to see how things are going? I hope all is well and keep praying mama!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Hey Dens, I still can't get used to your profile pic!

I thought tivoli calmed down by now? Has he been speaking to his mother to see how things are going? I hope all is well and keep praying mama!

Girl she says they are fine and he is playing and going about his normal routine as a child but I suppose as a parent he is super concerned.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good afternoon ladies

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

good afternoon ladies

Good afternoon! I see your interview will be here in a few days! You excited? :unsure::dance:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is the dumbest thing i ever heard of...

I tried to make a doctors appointment for the girls and my son at the same time and they told me they only can schedule 2 kids at a time. #######!! She said it is the office policy. I said tell the doctor to call me cuz i'll be damned if i'm gonna come there 2 separate times....cho!!

Huh?? I take all four of mine at the same time.

Hi bajan, wishing you well at your upcoming interview..

Awww DW give Den a hug for me...It will be okay..

I definitely will MrsTee! Hope you had a great weekend.

Huh?? I take all four of mine at the same time.

Whatagwan Dada? Yep I agree that sounds real loco! :wacko:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

I do not know what it is to walk in your shoes so cannot pass judgment on your decision.

In Jamaica, it would be a foregone conclusion that you would take the child. That is probably why your husband said he would take the child, in Jamaica, the question would even arise, it would be assumed that the child would be taken in.

I know you are saying that your daughter needs to adjust, but what is the alternative if no-one takes your niece? Foster care?

This is probably one of the biggest cultural difference between Americans and Jamaicans. Here, it's no biggie. The though is, well I can't be inconvenienced, so while I'd like to take the child I can't. In Jamaica, there's a sense of responsibility, no matter how it is going to be worked out, it is going to have to be worked out.

Your husband is probably finding how you think incomprehensible right now because it is so far removed from what he would expect to do.

Hope you make the right decision.

I know I'm late and I'm not in your shoes JQ but I would take my niece in a heart beat. As long as it means she won’t have to go to foster care then yeah I'll take her and we'll all have to make do. Now if another family member can take her cool but if not at my house is where she would be. I feel for her. It sounds like she is bouncing from house to house with no real stability. Not that its your fault you didn’t cause all this heck your taking care of yours but still its just said sad is all.

Why is most of the people in my office making jokes after they found out Gary Coleman died. Just for today cant they just resist the urge to make fun of the dead. KISSTEETH...All the short joes are not funny at all

I heard this while I was in NC. So young and so sad I have to read up on what was the cause.

Timeline

JG very scary about your Dad. Hope he will be fine for a long time to come.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

I know I'm late and I'm not in your shoes JQ but I would take my niece in a heart beat. As long as it means she won’t have to go to foster care then yeah I'll take her and we'll all have to make do. Now if another family member can take her cool but if not at my house is where she would be. I feel for her. It sounds like she is bouncing from house to house with no real stability. Not that its your fault you didn’t cause all this heck your taking care of yours but still its just said sad is all.

JQ, I pray that your niece gets that stability in her life very soon! Please keep us posted.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Yes we did :star:

Glad you had fun! Mine is in a few weeks but I doubt I'll be going *kiss teeth* I was 1 out of 5 african americans and those hispanics didn't care for us too much (staff and students)... I don't wanna end up going and don't understand what is being said.

Yes we did take pics and he was gonna post them on facebook but I told him he's addicted to facebook and he didn't post them...

I've got work to do, we did an assessment and it came out that I'm arrogant, controlling and lawd I'm so horrible I don't wanna say the rest...Lol...

Sooo all weekend I've been trying to be nice to him "honey" this and "sweetheart" that. It is fun now that I'm doing it but it hurt when he said in counseling that I tricked him b/c I was extra sweet in JA and now that I got him hooked I'm mean :lol:

Jenkins your a meanie (sp)?This made me laugh because normally its the other way around. I'm trying to work on not nagging or crying about everything so much. Also my tone of voice. I have been told I holler alot.

Good Morning Yardies....Im so damn sleepy I dont know what to do. NYC was a blast my hubby really enjoyed it all. We got home at 5am today G slept for an hour and was off to work. I slept late but made it to work. Now I wish I was in my bed....Lawd please help me through this day.

I agree I so didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I drove back from NC last night and I'm feeling the effects. I can't wait till 5:00 p.m.

Good morning Yardies:

Lady C looks like you had a great time..

Congrats to you Nat.. .(im clipping coupons as we speak)

KJ hey mama, can't wait to meet up with you and G again in AC on the 19th.

I hung out with a yardie couple this weekend. We had a great time. woooo I was feeling no pain lol

Have a great day folks...

Umm we can't know who the couple was :unsure: ?

Wow! What a weekend. Lots of friends and fun. We went camping Saturday night....swimming, boating, 4 wheeling. It was sooooooooooo fun. Sunday morning, I had a rude awakening. My dad was rushed to the ER at 3:30 a.m. He had a heart attack. We zoomed home.

4 blockage...2 they didn't seem worried about too much. 2 stents. Loaded him up with Plavix and some diet and exercise tips. Sent him home Monday afternoon. Kind of unbelievable to me since he's 72 years old.

My family loves the medical drama on holiday weekends.

Wow that was fast. Sometimes I think medical is too fast for its on good. I'm glad he is doing o.k.

Timeline

Hey all...

Did almost nothing at the weekend, but did take photos at two parties/dances.

Was talking to another photographer who I often see at these events. He sets up a background and takes pics and prints them out on the night, which I don't currently do because I don't have a 'ghetto' backdrop, ie the car or champagne bottle.

So anyway, he'll make little smart comments about how much money he made, or how nice and cool it is downstairs and how I'm sweating it upstairs. I just smiled at him....So anyway, we were talking about quality of photos and he said oh he doesn't use an external flash 'he keeps it basic' and plus the people 'don't know the difference'...

Now, I agree, BEFORE I came on the scene, partygoers may not have realized how BAD his pics are, but in a SIDE by SIDE comparision, his don't make it. So I say this as diplomatically as I can, he says to me 'well anyway you went to college for it, I trained myself'....I nearly fell over laughing, because of course this means he's been on my site looking at my photos and saw the 'about me' stuff.

But what makes me feel so darn good is the week after a take photos at a party, EVERYONE who I have taken a pic of on facebook uses mine as a display...No bigger compliment....But I still just shake my head at the attitude that because you think the person you are photographing doesn't know the difference, there is no point in stepping your game up! I don't care if my client thinks they are AMAZING, I STILL want to EXCEED their expectations, CONTINUE improving. Even if the CLIENT doesn't know a good photo from a bad one, I DO!

English you care about your work and you put your heart and sole into it because you love it. It sounds like he is just doing it for the money and he " thinks" he is good at it. But I see for those clients that he thinks can't tell the differnce they could tell which pics to use on their page and which ones to not use. Ha showed him!!!

Timeline

JaEng, that's funny that he's already studied you. He's probably scared of you taking away his clients with your superior work.

Here you go, Nat, and whomever else would like some free coupons....WITHOUT putting all kinds of info. about yourself.

Thanks. In addition to shortcuts.com, cellfire.com and pgesaver.com let you store eCoupons on your cards. Kroger does too, at their website. I use eCoupons in addition to mfr coupons & end up getting stuff for free, cheap, or even make $$ off it.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Have a wonderful evening Yardies! I'm out of here.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.