MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodmorning everyone, the room seems to be very quite since of lately, hmmmm....

Anyhow, have a great day everyone :star:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies....Im so damn sleepy I dont know what to do. NYC was a blast my hubby really enjoyed it all. We got home at 5am today G slept for an hour and was off to work. I slept late but made it to work. Now I wish I was in my bed....Lawd please help me through this day.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Morning, everyone!

I've got work to do, we did an assessment and it came out that I'm arrogant, controlling and lawd I'm so horrible I don't wanna say the rest...Lol...

Sooo all weekend I've been trying to be nice to him "honey" this and "sweetheart" that. It is fun now that I'm doing it but it hurt when he said in counseling that I tricked him b/c I was extra sweet in JA and now that I got him hooked I'm mean :lol:

That was something my husband was concerned about, as he has a couple of friends that have married American women & claim that once married, the women got mean.

At least you're actively working it.

@ the couponmom site forum, people post their "Numbers" each month. May was the first month I tracked all of my grocery & drug store purchases (Kroger, Randalls, WalMart, Target, CVS, Walgreens). Picture I spent $395 for $1688 of products, for a 77% savings! Plus I stocked up on many items & won't have to buy them for a LOOOOONG time, so I expect my monthly spending to go down.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Good morning Yardies:

Lady C looks like you had a great time..

Congrats to you Nat.. .(im clipping coupons as we speak)

KJ hey mama, can't wait to meet up with you and G again in AC on the 19th.

I hung out with a yardie couple this weekend. We had a great time. woooo I was feeling no pain lol

Have a great day folks...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow! What a weekend. Lots of friends and fun. We went camping Saturday night....swimming, boating, 4 wheeling. It was sooooooooooo fun. Sunday morning, I had a rude awakening. My dad was rushed to the ER at 3:30 a.m. He had a heart attack. We zoomed home.

4 blockage...2 they didn't seem worried about too much. 2 stents. Loaded him up with Plavix and some diet and exercise tips. Sent him home Monday afternoon. Kind of unbelievable to me since he's 72 years old.

My family loves the medical drama on holiday weekends.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Good Afetrnoon all, Hoep everyone has a wonderful blessed day! Glad to hear that the weekend was good. @ JG sorry to hear about your dad but glad he is home .

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

4 blockage...2 they didn't seem worried about too much. 2 stents. Loaded him up with Plavix and some diet and exercise tips. Sent him home Monday afternoon. Kind of unbelievable to me since he's 72 years old.

My family loves the medical drama on holiday weekends.

I'm having trouble reading your tone here. I'm sure your last sentence is sarcasm (right?)

What is unbelievable? The good fact that your father was sent home so soon? Or the bad fact that he had a heart attack at 72?

Coincidentally, my aunt went to the ER last week thinking she had a heart attack due to heavy chest pain. They ran a ton of tests & determined that it was a potassium deficiency causing the pain. We're glad that's all it was.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

I'm having trouble reading your tone here. I'm sure your last sentence is sarcasm (right?)

What is unbelievable? The good fact that your father was sent home so soon? Or the bad fact that he had a heart attack at 72?

Coincidentally, my aunt went to the ER last week thinking she had a heart attack due to heavy chest pain. They ran a ton of tests & determined that it was a potassium deficiency causing the pain. We're glad that's all it was.

The fact that they pretty much put a band aid on him and kicked him out, Nat.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Hey all...

Did almost nothing at the weekend, but did take photos at two parties/dances.

Was talking to another photographer who I often see at these events. He sets up a background and takes pics and prints them out on the night, which I don't currently do because I don't have a 'ghetto' backdrop, ie the car or champagne bottle.

So anyway, he'll make little smart comments about how much money he made, or how nice and cool it is downstairs and how I'm sweating it upstairs. I just smiled at him....So anyway, we were talking about quality of photos and he said oh he doesn't use an external flash 'he keeps it basic' and plus the people 'don't know the difference'...

Now, I agree, BEFORE I came on the scene, partygoers may not have realized how BAD his pics are, but in a SIDE by SIDE comparision, his don't make it. So I say this as diplomatically as I can, he says to me 'well anyway you went to college for it, I trained myself'....I nearly fell over laughing, because of course this means he's been on my site looking at my photos and saw the 'about me' stuff.

But what makes me feel so darn good is the week after a take photos at a party, EVERYONE who I have taken a pic of on facebook uses mine as a display...No bigger compliment....But I still just shake my head at the attitude that because you think the person you are photographing doesn't know the difference, there is no point in stepping your game up! I don't care if my client thinks they are AMAZING, I STILL want to EXCEED their expectations, CONTINUE improving. Even if the CLIENT doesn't know a good photo from a bad one, I DO!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

glad auntie is okay too, these older folks gotta slow down

Afternoon All! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a safe holiday!

JG, so sorry to hear about your dad!

I regret that I didn't get to link up with TAMH and her hubby since they were up my way this weekend. TAMH, I owe you a link up for sure Mama. You are too sweet and I was glad to get to speak with you and your hubby.

My hubby has been worried sick y'all. His son is in Kingston and I just don't think he is going to be easy until his son is 100% safe so I been supporting him and trying to remain positive and staying in prayer!!!! (L)

I hope all is well with everyone! :thumbs:

glad auntie is okay too, these older folks gotta slow down

I second that glad to hear auntie is okay!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Hey all...

Did almost nothing at the weekend, but did take photos at two parties/dances.

Was talking to another photographer who I often see at these events. He sets up a background and takes pics and prints them out on the night, which I don't currently do because I don't have a 'ghetto' backdrop, ie the car or champagne bottle.

So anyway, he'll make little smart comments about how much money he made, or how nice and cool it is downstairs and how I'm sweating it upstairs. I just smiled at him....So anyway, we were talking about quality of photos and he said oh he doesn't use an external flash 'he keeps it basic' and plus the people 'don't know the difference'...

Now, I agree, BEFORE I came on the scene, partygoers may not have realized how BAD his pics are, but in a SIDE by SIDE comparision, his don't make it. So I say this as diplomatically as I can, he says to me 'well anyway you went to college for it, I trained myself'....I nearly fell over laughing, because of course this means he's been on my site looking at my photos and saw the 'about me' stuff.

But what makes me feel so darn good is the week after a take photos at a party, EVERYONE who I have taken a pic of on facebook uses mine as a display...No bigger compliment....But I still just shake my head at the attitude that because you think the person you are photographing doesn't know the difference, there is no point in stepping your game up! I don't care if my client thinks they are AMAZING, I STILL want to EXCEED their expectations, CONTINUE improving. Even if the CLIENT doesn't know a good photo from a bad one, I DO!

I don't blame you...you have to have pride in your work and I definitely believe that at the end of the day people like that guy never get ahead of the game :no:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

I don't blame you...you have to have pride in your work and I definitely believe that at the end of the day people like that guy never get ahead of the game :no:

Funniest thing, back in Oct, the PROMOTER of the party asked me to take a photo in front of this guy's background. BEaring in mind the PROMOTER is why you're there in the first place. The photographer was like 'hell no'. I had to BED the promoter not to throw him out there and then....The same promoter said to me this weekend he can't wait for me to get a backdrop so he can stop having this guy around....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.