MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh yeah..my bro in law's family is in kingston and safe, but very scared.. i can't imagine the terror these ppl are going through.. so sad..Let us keep them up in prayer and continue to tear down the works of the enemy.

amen cause this aint no joke

Timeline

When G was looking for a job he applied at Home Depot but he was not happy with the hours either. He said he want to be home in his bed with his wife....So I understand Roger not being happy with that shift. The hotel getaway sounds fun. I hope you find a sitter.

We are hoping he settles in soon its been a very time for us. One day my husband just broke down and cried because he could not believe what he was seeing. I had to call Mrstee and let her listen to how my step son was behaving. it was a mess...

And it sounded like someone was being murdered.. just not natural!unsure.gif

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

Mikel enjoyed his first day of work and was up bright and early this morning for work. He got a call last night for a hotel for Valet parking and has an interview on Friday for that. He is going to see if he can do both since he is going to be on 2nd shift for the job he has now 4pm-12am. Keep your fingers crossed. The valet job would be from 7am-11am.

Q~ Nice to see you around.

LadyC~ I hope that taking him to therapy will help and that he comes around. Everything takes time.

that would b great

Timeline

Goodmorning all, I feel so damn tired. New Jersey is HOTTT, humid and muggy and it makes me feel so lazy!

You are nuts lol we would drive down when we go to AC. I love AC

good morning Yardies, off to the zoo with my nephew today. have a good day everyone.

Lol

Morning all...

My dentist's 7 years old son was playing at school when apparently another child fell on him.

He had surgery last night for a dislocated hip and is going to be in a full body cast....

Life and health are so very fragile....

So sorry to hear that...

Good Morning Yardies...

Well we took Jaheim to see the therapist yesteryday and it was a good visit. He will go once a week from now on. He did not wnt to talk at first but then he warmed up and talked alittle. He has a bad speech problem and his acsent is very strong so we had to translate but I just glad that we started this. Thank you all for your support. :thumbs:

Brooke girl you should have told me you wanted to party in Brooklyn I would have sent you to the right dance. Refelection is a cool place. I hate Time Square too...TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE...

That's a plus in starting off! Hope evrything goes smoothly after this!

I'm praying same...so sad! We find ourselves watching the news online until wee hours in the morning. My stepson is in that area and to say we are beyond concerned is an understatement!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Okay...stairs are no joke. They let you know real quick if you in shape or not!

So sad what's going on there and you're hearing so many stories from women and children blocking the border and soldiers killing people and digging holes to bury them. SMH...

Good morning all!!

been a minute, hope all is well with all the vj crew..big ups to those i havent chatted with on FB..

been crazy busy at work, got a temporary promotion filling in for a lead and now its over..Can't say i will miss the job as much as the money.. I like to be responsible for myself only.

Roger is well, still at Home Depot, HATES working overnight "away from him wifey" so we are on the search again for a daytime.. i told him he might sacrifice his weekends, but i guess he is willing.

He is doing well with the food delivery, gets RAVES on his food, I think his restaurant idea might really come to fruition..we praying..

He will be in JA june 4th-7th to see his kids and parents..Im staying behind this time.. ALLLL this time i didn't get to experience the "family" gifts, but it is rearing its ugly head LOL..its really not that bad, he is only buying for the kids, his parents and siblings and most of these ppl, he hasn't seen in several years so guess he can't go empty handed.. he's REALLY good about making sure he gets "something" for them, but within his budget so its all good.

my youngest is out of school as of last week and my oldest has one more, so hear come the summer plans..starting w/ memorial day..anybody doing anything fun???

Night jobs suck big time and you should look into trying out the restaurant thing, try a business loan or something. Goodluck on everything! :star:

oh yeah..my bro in law's family is in kingston and safe, but very scared.. i can't imagine the terror these ppl are going through.. so sad..Let us keep them up in prayer and continue to tear down the works of the enemy.

Amen

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

It is nice and encouraging hearing about the job situations, while my husband thinks about joining the service....unsure.gif whatever he does i will support him...

Timeline

When G was looking for a job he applied at Home Depot but he was not happy with the hours either. He said he want to be home in his bed with his wife....So I understand Roger not being happy with that shift. The hotel getaway sounds fun. I hope you find a sitter.

We are hoping he settles in soon its been a very time for us. One day my husband just broke down and cried because he could not believe what he was seeing. I had to call Mrstee and let her listen to how my step son was behaving. it was a mess...

Things wil get better mama!

Good Morning Ladies,

Mikel enjoyed his first day of work and was up bright and early this morning for work. He got a call last night for a hotel for Valet parking and has an interview on Friday for that. He is going to see if he can do both since he is going to be on 2nd shift for the job he has now 4pm-12am. Keep your fingers crossed. The valet job would be from 7am-11am.

Q~ Nice to see you around.

LadyC~ I hope that taking him to therapy will help and that he comes around. Everything takes time.

Good things come to those who wait, not only doexs he have a job but is getting a second!!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

It is nice and encouraging hearing about the job situations, while my husband thinks about joining the service....unsure.gif whatever he does i will support him...

Ha...I had to laugh on this one. Mikel has said this too but I had my brother talk to him who is in the Army and he doesn't mention anything about signing up now. LOL.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was going to go to taco bell after Q said that but then I remember I just had tacos for dinner last night. So I have been snacking on the food here at the office since people brought stuff in for May Birthdays today.

we had ours today too dills, but the pickings were pretty slim..i was so dang hungry..

burrito supreme and nacho bellgrande hit the spot lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ha...I had to laugh on this one. Mikel has said this too but I had my brother talk to him who is in the Army and he doesn't mention anything about signing up now. LOL.

it really isnt the craziest idea in the world. i spent 5 years in the military and have a ton of friends who are still in or are military wives....some of them have pretty sweet deals...

Timeline

it really isnt the craziest idea in the world. i spent 5 years in the military and have a ton of friends who are still in or are military wives....some of them have pretty sweet deals...

No it isn't a crazy idea and I have all the respect in the world for anyone who joins any branch of service. It has worked out really great for my brother it helps that he is a Major though. I just have to laugh at Mikel wanting to join because of the type of person he is and his personality. :bonk:

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

OMG ! MrsTee mine was saying the same thing and I said I would support in that descision too, but geesh I thought he was the only one.

Edited by Always Blessed

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Can he without being a citizen?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Can he without being a citizen?

My brother said as long as they have their green card they can. You can only be in it for a certain amount of time as a permanent resident was his understanding. If you wanted to be a lifer you would have to become a citizen and he said the military would help you fill out all the papers and even pay for it.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

girl those are Roger's EXACT words.. these yard men are too much alike sometimes LOL we always had said we would not accept an overnight job, well HD got him in offering 8pm-12am which he was okay with, but since day one it has been "suggested" OT till 5am..he was all happy about it at first but now he is NOT feeling it..

thats heartwrenching about ur stepson, did he always act like that, how did ur husband handle it in JA??

I have 2 step sons.. 9 and 6, i often wonder what it would be like to leave home at such a young age..i know kids adjust but i hope they do not have too much of a hard time..

Dat's cuz they feel like if there not in that bed who the heck is? LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.