MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JAPrincess stay strong I know exactly how you feel...My fiance missed his first born greatly and I decided to send my son in March, then I missed him greatly..I prayed that we could be together for his second birthday as he missed his first and the Lord answered our prayers

Jah shall answer all your prayers..Stay strong princess Jah shall guide and strength you on the rest of your journey.

Thanks sugarapple :star:

So your Fiance' and son are here now?

Why would they threaten you like that? Weren't you on FMLA?

Because my company has less than 15 employees they are not mandated by FMLA to give me more than the 6-8 weeks :wacko:

Thanks sugarapple :star:

So your Fiance' and son are here now?

Because my company has less than 15 employees they are not mandated by FMLA to give me more than the 6-8 weeks :wacko:

Aww dang, that sucks. I had to almost fight with my FMLA. I can't stand the HR lady, she act like somehow she doing ppl some favor when in reality the B is just doing her job!!! :bonk:

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So let me finish my update and get out of here before my boss fires me...

I had 4 months of maternity leave because I had complications with my c-section. I was entitled to another 6 weeks of "bonding time" but when I called my boss to discuss it, I was in not so many words told that if I wanted my job I needed to come back to work ASAP

I had saved some money and was planning on taking baby girl to see her daddy in those 6 weeks, but with the income requirements for AOS I need this job. So back to work I went on April 26th. I was basically starting over, all my leads were given away while I was gone and I was told that I would be under strict review in regards to attendance. After 10 years with this company, no one here thought I was coming back, and I did not feel welcomed AT ALL. :hehe: They said that they did not think I could handle a full time job and two kids alone :angry: But Imma show them... in the last week I have gotten 3 appointment (I do sales) and every day I prove that I am the best they got! BOOM!

sorry I had to add that!

So I will not be able to idle in the daytime :( just what I have typed this morning has taken up too much time... I will try to come on more in the evenings and share and read, but I tell you I leave home at 7:45am and after going to pick up babygirl I sometimes don't get home till 8pm or later... by the time I talk to honey it's all I can do but fall into bed and rest myself for another day...

One great, wonderful thing I can share before I go:

I decided to spend some of the airfare money I saved on a netbook for my honey. I went to BestBuy here in Cali and payed for it, and our very own Thompson2 walked into a best buy in FL picked it up and carried it to MoBay! I tell you that was the best money I ever spent. Seeing his smiling face in my computer screen has been WONDERFUL, and him being able to see his daughter has truly opened his eyes to the beauty of technology! He is still learning, but thank God he is a quick learner! :dance:

Thank you Thompson2

So that's what's going on with me... one day at a time...

Oh wow, that's great that you can atleast see him!

Sorry to hear that your co'workers aren't welcoming you...

omg i think i might cry :crying:

today is my first day back to work and everyone i work with is so lovely! As a result of my return, the boss bought everyone lunch, everyone in my department got flowers as a thank you for all who worked extra while i was away, and each person gave me a mothers day gift....all the gifts have a noahs ark theme (since all the animals on the ark are in twos...and i have twins, get it?)..noahs ark picture frame, book, toys, clothes..

i miss my girls bad bad right now tho...

hubby called and sounds like everything is under control on the home front tho :)

Wow, that's what's up!

Hey Lady C, mi alright how bout yuhself. Is it getting any easier at home wid yuh pickney?

OMG that is horrible, so sad to hear that!

I am gonna stop complaining bout my job and how wuk a kill mi I need to be thankful! I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Hey B, I did respond to yuh on FB, sorry Sis I won't be there :no: but we are down to link up wid you and Hubby anytime you are in Philly!

That's whats up Dada this is the time when family need to come together and help out. Im so happy for you girl! Now I have a reason to come to NC one day cause I have never been :yes:

Lol, you gots to love your job because you'll never know when you'll lose it..

Ok, something I gotta post... Yall know I am not one of those bible quoting people thats just not me.....Glad for those that are but I keep my faith inside (catholic born and raised). I am a very spiritual person and always try to do whats right bla bla bla..... ANYWAY... what yall prolly don't know is that I am the worst procrastinator of all time! YES, the first step of dealing with the problem is admitting you have one so there...!!

My journey has somewhat been delayed by RGD....but also by me! I am slow to fill out and send in paperwork. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LOVE FOR MY HUSBAND (just wanted to make that clear)...this is just how I am in every part of my life :blush:

Well, we have been waiting for the Birth Certificate and last week Michael got it and fed-x it to me...but I haven't gotten my asset info together. Yes, I did go to the County and got a printout of the value of my house but I still needed to find my yearly mortgage statement showing how much is owed on the property to be able to fill out the AOS. That paperwork is kept in my JUNK drawer and I have been putting off going through it putting EVERYTHING ahead of the dreadful drawer. So today....I plan out my day... take kids to school, clean out the freezer, mop kitchen floor, (see putting everything else ahead) make dinner, GO THROUGH THE DRAWER, take shower, get ready for school and out the door by 3... also keeping up with the online chats.... so,

I go to the drawer...and in the first 4 peices of paper I pick up is Mortgage info!!!! Yall don't understand...I got this info back in January when I got all my tax info...there would be no reason for it to be in the TOP of this pile of paperwork other that GOD. God knows that if I didn't find it after looking for 10-15 min I would have lost my patience and something would have strayed my efforts (like being on the computer :bonk: ) SO, I am logging off and gonna go fill out the paperwork....gotta then go get it copied so by tomorrow I may be able to send it in....(yall keep checking on me)

sorry for the long post but I had to share this miracle!!! :dance:

God works in mysterious ways mama!

JaEng, why do you say Walgreens is terrible?

KJ, that's a TON of people! And expecting the assistants to do the teacher's work without more pay! :no:

Congrats MrsTee on enrolling in class.

JaP, your story was touching. That man def shows he loves you.

Thompson2, I tried to be an easier judge, but some of these kids just don't even try. How you do an experiment to see if a Venus fly trap will eat meat. You try with bacon & hamburger meat, yet your [unlabeled] graph shows "Meat A, Meat B, and Meat C" What was Meat C???????

The project that made me laugh out loud was one called "Fish Survivor." They bought 15 fish & put 5 fish in 3 diff types of water to see how many would live. 11 fish died during that project. :lol:

I know it sucks what they're trying to do but if that's what I gotta do to keep my job in the meantime I'll do it because with so many ppl being fired, soon unemployment is gonna run out!

I just want to give a shout out to my Columbiana Sistah who has been on this journey with me from the very beginning!

:dance: Congratulations my girl on your approval for your Sister it's been a long 4 years but she will finally be here in 2010! :dance:

Thanks for always being there for me even from the day I first mailed the I-130, to the day Damian arrived and we stepped off that plane together. I have been here with you from the arrival of your Mami, your Papi and now lil Sis. (L)

I am so happy for you words can't express now the family will be complete! (L)

I hope she peaks in to read this, LOL I guess I will have to repost in Espanol in the Columbiano thread too :yes:

It's always nice to hear that people are being approved!

Goodnight ladies, had a long sessions with the pastor tonight. Last week when me & G were leaving the pastor hugged me and said he sees me as his daughter so this week G gave him an attitude because he thinks he likes me!! Soooo, lets see what the next few weeks of post marital couseling will be because we have atleast 12 more sessions to go :blush:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

I love this... (L)

The Vows I Take Will Be Forever

~Nicholas Gordon

The vows I take will be forever.

I'll love you all my life.

There's no part way, no holding back

Once we are man and wife.

The choice is made, and now I swim

In a far different sea,

The shores of which are bright green hills

Raised up for you and me.

Our love is like a mountainside

Awash in lovely flowers:

It is our home, our solid rock,

Where all bright things are ours.

And though of need we often must

Spend our days apart,

Our love will always be with us,

Held within the heart.

I feel it now, so strong and free,

So part of every breath

That it must live - I swear it will!

Even after death.

(F)

Timeline

Do you stroke the computer screen as if it were his face? (or was that just me?)

Guilty! :blush:

It is soooo wonderful to see him, but it is bitter sweet to see and can't touch :crying::wub:

Like how mi rub his head all the time when we're together it's all I can do to keep my hands off the screen :rofl::blush:

Glad I'm not the only one to stroke the computer screen :lol:

(((Nat)))

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

O.k. so my question for tonight is.... Did you complete the paperwork???

.........uhhhh almost. I misplaced the property assesment paper somewhere :bonk: so I have to run pick up another one in the morning before work...but I did fill out all the forms.

Thanks Dara-I really need this :blush::yes:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

That's all it costs? Then those photographers get off real good at events because they charge $10 per pic. Oh well it's all about making money...

This printer retails for $1000 :)

But yes, final cost to me is not that much per print, but take into consideration that the cost of buying the printer itself, my time, my skill has to be reflected in each print :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

It is soooo wonderful to see him, but it is bitter sweet to see and can't touch :crying::wub:

Like how mi rub his head all the time when we're together it's all I can do to keep my hands off the screen :rofl::blush:

(((Nat)))

I HATED seeing my husband on cam before I came here....made me miss him even more :(

He hated taking pics, so kinda gazed at him for days whenever I visted!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

omg i think i might cry :crying:

today is my first day back to work and everyone i work with is so lovely! As a result of my return, the boss bought everyone lunch, everyone in my department got flowers as a thank you for all who worked extra while i was away, and each person gave me a mothers day gift....all the gifts have a noahs ark theme (since all the animals on the ark are in twos...and i have twins, get it?)..noahs ark picture frame, book, toys, clothes..

i miss my girls bad bad right now tho...

hubby called and sounds like everything is under control on the home front tho :)

Finesse, That is so sweet of your co-workers sounds like you have a good work place

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Good Morning Ladies

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

I love this... (L)

The Vows I Take Will Be Forever

~Nicholas Gordon

The vows I take will be forever.

I'll love you all my life.

There's no part way, no holding back

Once we are man and wife.

The choice is made, and now I swim

In a far different sea,

The shores of which are bright green hills

Raised up for you and me.

Our love is like a mountainside

Awash in lovely flowers:

It is our home, our solid rock,

Where all bright things are ours.

And though of need we often must

Spend our days apart,

Our love will always be with us,

Held within the heart.

I feel it now, so strong and free,

So part of every breath

That it must live - I swear it will!

Even after death.

(F)

That is SWEEET! Are you gonna use it?

I wanted to use a customized vow but I was so nervous, last minute I told the pastor forget it!

(((Nat)))

:star:

This printer retails for $1000 :)

But yes, final cost to me is not that much per print, but take into consideration that the cost of buying the printer itself, my time, my skill has to be reflected in each print :)

Ohhh @ the cost.

:star: @ your skill. What type of pictures do you take or like to do the most?

It is my ultimate dream to do a boudoir photoshoot, there would be no better gift than that to give your man. I love it! Still waiting on my co'workers so we can all go together :blush:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

Goodmorning everyone!

Hope we all have a blessed day!

There's pregnant women all over, someone in the forum that I first frequented when I joined VJ has just announced she's pregnant, 3 days after her wedding :star:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I HATED seeing my husband on cam before I came here....made me miss him even more :(

He hated taking pics, so kinda gazed at him for days whenever I visted!

I know what you mean about seeing on cam missing him more. i felt the same way it was harder to end those conversations then just phone conversations

good morning everyone... hope everyone ha s a blessed day..

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

Morning! It's Friday! :dance:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Awwwww, that's sweet!!!!

I thought you were gonna say you're preggo, just kidding no I didn't but that's great Tee!! Keep it up kicking.gif

I know what you mean when you say you appreciate because my mom helped out massively with the wedding and it was unexpected because we have a poor mother daughter relationship.

I hope there isn't a freeze by the time you're done with school star_smile.gif

And to be honest I wouldn't mind teaching, it was my 1st and only job. But the problem is that I care way more about their well being than their education so I'll stick with wanting to be a sicial worker...

Yes mama, 770 ppl and that includes art, gym and music teachers, securities, secretaries and more...Sad. Not that I'd want to get fired but if God forbid I did, I'd get more financial aide for school and so I'd be able to take more classes.

You know some people are just hard-headed! Didn't I tell you I CAN'T get pregnant cause the factory is condemned, shut down, out of service LMAOheadbonk.gif Stop messin wiff mecrying.gif On another note, the teaching situation won't effect me too much because I live outside of philly and I am close to Jersey and Delaware so I can always opt to teach where I am or in Delaware...

Good morning Yardies

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.