M and E

Time to get K3 VISA

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Please, I really need some help because I didn't get all the informations I need (especially about DCF, the second question) calling American Consulates. My situation is the following one: I'm Italian and live in Italy, I got married one month ago in the States with my American fiancè. Now I want to join her as soon as possible.

These are my questions:

1) How long does it take about to get a K3 Visa in my case?

2) Since my wife is currently living in the US and me in Italy can I follow DCF (Direct Consular Filing) procedure? If yes, is DCF faster than K3 Visa process? I heard DCF is the fastest way.

Many thanks for your help guys

Marco

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Please, I really need some help because I didn't get all the informations I need (especially about DCF, the second question) calling American Consulates. My situation is the following one: I'm Italian and live in Italy, I got married one month ago in the States with my American fiancè. Now I want to join her as soon as possible.

These are my questions:

1) How long does it take about to get a K3 Visa in my case?

2) Since my wife is currently living in the US and me in Italy can I follow DCF (Direct Consular Filing) procedure? If yes, is DCF faster than K3 Visa process? I heard DCF is the fastest way.

Many thanks for your help guys

Marco

1) Forever, because the K3 visa is no longer available. Follow the CR1 visa guide.

2) No, she doesn't qualify to file DCF because she doesn't reside in Italy. K3 was NEVER available DCF anyway.

Click on the word Guides at the top of any page here. The process starts with the US Citizen, so best if she carefully studies the guides and form instructions before doing anything.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

#1. K-3 Visas no longer exist. Your wife needs to file I-130 petition for a CR-1 visa for you. processing time varies depending on circumstances, but the average is right around 5 months for a CR-1 Visa.

#2. Since she is the petitioner, she has to file with USCIS, after which the case will go to NVC, then to the Embassy in Italy. The only way to file DCF is if she is living in Italy with you.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. K-3 visa no longer available - see http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

2. NO. USC must reside in foreign country for 6 months prior to filing DCF. Since she is in USA now, she must file I-130 to the lockbox in Chicago. There is one exception, if she was prior , long-term resident in Italy, and goes back today, to Italy, then maybe The US Embassy will still view her as a long-term resident in Italy, home to the USA for small time, for vacation and personal business. Maybe.

DCF is fastest way. IF not eligible, must file I-130 to the lockbox in Chicago.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

1) Forever, because the K3 visa is no longer available. Follow the CR1 visa guide.

2) No, she doesn't qualify to file DCF because she doesn't reside in Italy. K3 was NEVER available DCF anyway.

Click on the word Guides at the top of any page here. The process starts with the US Citizen, so best if she carefully studies the guides and form instructions before doing anything.

Beat me to the draw.....at least my answers were right! :blush:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Timeline

Hey, this is the first time I participate to a forum and it's amazing!! Many many thanks to all of you, you've been very kind gaving me all the answers I needed in few minutes when I lost so much time to call American Embassy and Consulates in Italy and the States!! That's great!! :thumbs:

Ciao and thanks again :no:

Marco

Timeline

#1. K-3 Visas no longer exist. Your wife needs to file I-130 petition for a CR-1 visa for you. processing time varies depending on circumstances, but the average is right around 5 months for a CR-1 Visa.

#2. Since she is the petitioner, she has to file with USCIS, after which the case will go to NVC, then to the Embassy in Italy. The only way to file DCF is if she is living in Italy with you.

Excuse me, I didn't understand very well one thing. With 5 months you mean that I am going to have the CR-1 Visa in this period of time and able to start living and working in the US?

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Excuse me, I didn't understand very well one thing. With 5 months you mean that I am going to have the CR-1 Visa in this period of time and able to start living and working in the US?

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Efficiently handled cases with no delays can expect 5 to 7 months from petition filing to visa interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

okay, many thanks. Even if I hoped less, because after the interview will take other months to get the Visa for the States

No, not really - if the interview at the consulate/embassy is SUCCESFUL, expect the visa within 1 to 3 weeks. Not Months.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

No, not really - if the interview at the consulate/embassy is SUCCESFUL, expect the visa within 1 to 3 weeks. Not Months™.

Somewhere I read that before getting this type of visa (CR-1) I can't go to the States! :( Is that true?

Thanks a lot all, you're helping me A LOT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Somewhere I read that before getting this type of visa (CR-1) I can't go to the States! :( Is that true?

Thanks a lot all, you're helping me A LOT!

You can go to visit on the visa waiver program, but you cannot stay/ work etc. When you visit, bring proof that you will return home to Italy (letter from employer stating when you are expected back, lease of home. enrollment papers to university etc)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

You can go to visit on the visa waiver program, but you cannot stay/ work etc. When you visit, bring proof that you will return home to Italy (letter from employer stating when you are expected back, lease of home. enrollment papers to university etc)

I mean, what I'd like just to do is visiting my wife before getting CR-1; is that possible? Normally from Italy to US a waiver Visa is provided automatically and they never asked me that at the US custom.

thanks a lot!

marco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, like I said it is possible, but entry is NEVER automatic. There is always a chance of being denied, and that chance is slightly higher after you file.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.