Suna

what to finish inclluding

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I assume you are asking about the filing of your I-129F. Here is a checklist for all that is needed for filing:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You will have a much greater chance for success of your petition if you read the guides. Print them out to serve as a checklist, study them, read them again and refer to them frequently while you are assembling your petition.

Good luck,

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you very much Alan,

i geuss i just got over board on the reading but i keep seeing how some people need to get a police file of the residence lived since age 16? for he fiance is this really required?

i just feel like im missing something even though i have the check list down.

one more question (sorry ) thank you so much again though. the way to send the package should i do it in a binder form? or what is your advice on that portion ? i made a binder with dividers and put the paper work in paper covers..

thank you again so much you dont knwo how much i appreciate it

Suna

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Suna, the whole point is to ask questions here. And as some of us just recently completed (part of) the process, you will happily get your answers.

Police Certificates. Anywhere the beneficiary -- non-U.S. citizen fiancé(e) -- has lived since the age of sixteen for six months or more. CORRECTION: I know this is the case for the embassy in Manila, someone else will have to verify whether that applies to all embassies.

Assembly of Petition. Some people will just stack the documents and binder clip them, others will add a table of contents, tabbed sheets, and two-hole punch the top of the entire packet and insert ACCO fasteners. As the USCIC dismantles and reorganizes the paperwork to their own liking, it doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that you have everything neatly and uniformly prepared, and can keep track of it yourself during the assembly. For me, it was easiest to two-hole punch it all. Kept everything together nicely, and was clear and organized.

I'd say binding (if you mean along the side in book-fashion) would be unecessary, and put too many holes in the document. If you don't wish to just binder clip it, using ACCO fasteners works great.

The basic forms (I-129F, G-325A) are relatively straight forward. The I-134 Affidavit of Support can require a few questions itself to be certain you are proceeding correctly.

Whatever you need, don't apologize for asking. If I hadn't asked a bunch of questions that I shake my head at now I'd never have succeeded.

Good luck!

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

Thank you so mnuch again,

this is great help.

(assemble of the i-129f) Son i pretty much put it in a binder with the paper covers so no holoes were in it actually but i will ithink begin the 2 holes on top. seems easier etc..

on my part as U.s Citizen--> -In order: My cover letter ( I did copy the sample from the checklist though is that fine?)

-I -129f

-G-325A from U.s citizen

-The 2nd part of the I-129f number 18

-The intent to marry from u.s citizen( I copied the sample form checklist)

( I need one from my fiancee in turkey. Can I send him the same copy but just change the names to his?

so all he has to do is sign it? and should i send it to via fedex than him send it back?)

-I have my pictures with captions next to them(few pages), includes train tickets,my plane ticket,

emails(not all though) recipets, those kind of things.

-I have my G-325a filled

-My passport picture with my name on the back in a plastic baggie with small note on top u,s citizen

stapled to a blank paper put behind the G-325a

-G-325a filled by me for my fiance,(which I need to send to get signed)

-I will be getting my fiances passport pictures which I will staple to a blank paper do the same as

I did to my passprt pictures.

-I have from front to back copies of all pages of my U.S passport

No more papers from my fiance? After i send it in do I wait for the next step?

Oh by the way im making the exact replica of my I-129F so I can send that to my fiance, is that a good idea to send it to him ahead of time?

Thank you again this one is the one that will answer my complications :)

i filled so far the and the G-325A.I have our pictures with captions next to the pictures ( I have about a few pages) and evidence of train tickets, plane tickets, emails (not all though) etc etc. . i have done the fiance letter of intent (from me)

Timeline

You can earse the bottom of the the writing I wrote I was trying to organize my writing but I forgot to Take that out. So for it to not to confuse just dont read the bottom where it saysi filled so far .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

-I -129f

-The 2nd part of the I-129f number 18

Good

-G-325A from U.s citizen

-G-325a filled by me for my fiance,(which I need to send to get signed)

Good

-The intent to marry from u.s citizen( I copied the sample form checklist)

( I need one from my fiancee in turkey. Can I send him the same copy but just change the names to his? so all he has to do is sign it? and should i send it to via fedex than him send it back?)

Send all docs that need to be signed, and have them returned to you

-I have my pictures with captions next to them(few pages), includes train tickets,my plane ticket, emails(not all though) recipets, those kind of things.

Good. Any boarding passes?

-My passport picture with my name on the back in a plastic baggie with small note on top u,s citizen stapled to a blank paper put behind the G-325A

-I will be getting my fiances passport pictures which I will staple to a blank paper do the same as I did to my passport pictures.

Good

-I have from front to back copies of all pages of my U.S passport

Good, that's what I did.

No more papers from my fiance?

She needs to sign her 325A and the Intent to Marry letter. Otherwise, you are good.

After i send it in do I wait for the next step?

Once you submit the petition to the CSC, you'll wait for your check to be cashed and to receive the NOA1. If you want to proceed a little more quickly, look at the back of the cashed check and it'll have your USCIS file number -- otherwise, wait for the NOA1. With that ID, you can log onto the USCIS portal and register for email and text messaging, as well as check on the status of the petition. Just remember that the process if faster for some than it is others, so be patient.

Oh by the way im making the exact replica of my I-129F so I can send that to my fiance, is that a good idea to send it to him ahead of time?

Very good idea, so he can familiarize himself with exactly what is in it in order to prepare for the interview.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

Fantastic!!

Yes I will send him the letter of intent to marry and G325a for him to sign and get the pictures for the passport and that kind of stuff.

Oh this might be a good question, his passport almost 2 years ago was a f1 visa, he was a foreign exchange student here to the U.S. It sttated on his passport he cannont come within a year to U.S but its passed a year now so, I am not sure of his exp. date he will need to make the date longer so he can use his passport. What about his passport, does he need certain kind? or maybe he should change it? (Im thinking he just needs to make the date to a longer time so it could pass)

Is there anything else that I need to get ready ? Or am I good to go?

hmmm I forgot to ask what do I send the I129f with ? usps? fedex?

thank you again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.