Tater&Bugger

Honeymoon...

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Kind of a random topic but my fiance was asking last night...... so I thought I'd inquire for some expert advice from y'all. If you took a honeymoon, where did you go? I know Visa holders can't leave the US, but are you able to travel to any of the more exotic 'states' or territories (I've seen people comment that can, but have not read thoroughly into it)

I'm also interested to know what people did too. I've worked in the travel industry for a long time so it's a fun topic of discussion for me.

T

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Sunday we leave for Vegas, then we're going up to a resort in WA and ending in Seattle :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sapphire went to Vegas I believe. My husband and I went to Chicago. There are a lot of great places in this country to go on a honeymoon. Even friends of mine who citizens have spent their honeymoons in the US.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Went to a log cabin in the mountains near Luray in Virginia...we were married in Nov just after Thanksgiving. It was a pretty time of year and it was so quiet...loved it.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

All fun stuff! Even before we knew the extent of the Visa process I had hoped for a honeymoon in the rockies but he wants to be on a beach. Seeing as I've travelled extensively and he has not we're probably just going to go to the Keys or something. Nothing too extravagant because we won't have too much money left!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup, we went to Vegas for 8 days (we stayed in a house off the strip, so it was more relaxing than the typical Vegas vacation). It was awesome, we love Vegas.. just went again last month, LOL.

This year after our church wedding, we are going on a cruise to the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos that leaves from NYC. Obviously I can travel out of the country now, so that's why we didn't do this honeymoon last year when I couldn't leave yet.

If you're looking for a beach, Miami or Florida would be nice. I think a few people have gone to Orlando and Disney. We went to Orlando in Sept 2008, which was pretty awesome.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Ya I've been to FL at least 6 times, Disney 4...... I LOVE it! I suggested it and his comeback "Tina we're adults" haha little does he know it's a great place for us too! I honestly don't even care where we go at this point though. Just the fact we'll be newly married will make anywhere great.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby and I are going to Siesta Keys in FL for a mini-moon next month!!! White sandy beaches, awesome weather, cocktails in hand and the two of us alone, I cannot wait ;)

Some places that we've visited that also have the "honeymoon feel" is San Francisco, Carmel, Yosemite in CA, NYC and Rehoboth in Delaware. It just depends on whether you guys are into the city-scape or want a romantic, quiet getaway at the beach or at the mountains. The BIL and his witch are going to the Outerbanks in NC in September, which is hurricane season, but if you go at that time, you can rent an entire cabin by the water for a week for less than 500 dollars or something.

And don't forget Hawaii! If it weren't so expensive to fly to Hawaii, we would go!

Edited by darkchilde794

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Timeline

I've been to the Outerbanks... LOVE IT. Siesta Keys sounds like what we'd want too. We're likely getting married at the mid to end of summer, as late as early fall if all goes according to plan. So middle of hurricane season haha that's my main concern about FL. It'll still be warm all over the country though leaving plenty of options.

Edited by Tater

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Timeline

I've been to the Outerbanks... LOVE IT. Siesta Keys sounds like what we'd want too. We're likely getting married at the mid to end of summer, as late as early fall if all goes according to plan. So middle of hurricane season haha that's my main concern about FL. It'll still be warm all over the country though leaving plenty of options.

Northern California can be great, San Francisco to the Napa Valley.

New Orleans will be a bit warm that time of year, but it's always nice for a short visit, great food, great music.

It's been mentioned, but there are some great resorts in the Rockies.

Miami, especially along South Beach can be a blast. If you like club hopping, trendy restaurants and the like, consider it.

And, lastly, if you plan ahead so you save money and cut down costs, Hawaii is nice year 'round.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby and I are going to Siesta Keys in FL for a mini-moon next month!!! White sandy beaches, awesome weather, cocktails in hand and the two of us alone, I cannot wait ;)

We are getting married in Siesta Key on June 12th and then rented a convertible to drive to Key West from Siesta Key. Siesta Key is supposed to have the nicest beaches in all of the USA.

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We went to Bar Harbor, ME for our honeymoon. We had a great little weekend package that included a ride on a sail boat, spa package, an amazing meal in a stuffy "money" people restaurant, and a lobster bake. Acadia National Park is great so we went hiking and went not. It was a great time :)

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

No where yet. We can't afford it.

We want to go on a cruise that goes to Hawaii though. Need my greencard for that first :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Siesta Key near Sarasota is amazing. This is where I would spend Christmas with my parents every so often. It's one of the top ranked beaches in the world because of the white quartz sand. I've even snorkled at the end of the beach as there's some reef type area there near the rocks, though almost got speared by some guys spear fishing. Definatly the best beach in Continental North America, and I've been to a ton on both coasts.

As for the honeymoon, we just drove to Sedona, AZ for ours, 3 days, went horse back riding, hiking and ####### like that. It was kind of a special place since I used to go there all the time and my wife (now ex) used to live there so it was the perfect spot for both of us, and not too far away for a nice long weekend drive...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.