indianalady06

waiting too long for interview??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

3 months ago my fiance submitted the packet 3 saying he has all the documents ready for the interview. we were expecting the interview within the next month or 2, but havent even been given a date yet. i called the frankfurt embassy a month ago (at the 2 month point) and his case worker told me he is in administrative processing and it could take several months. i asked what that consists of and she told me its confidential but just more background checks and such. the only problem i could think of is that he changed citizenship from turkish to german, and ive read that males from muslim countries always have a harder time, but hes lived in germany his whole life. i dont get what is going on... i thought that the background checking stage is already over. we have postponed travel plans because we were afraid to leave, expecting the interview which never came. i dont know if i should just keep putting my life on hold or what :( anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? does contacting a congressman really help in this kind of situation? thanks all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Gosh, I hate to hear of your situation.....I think we are probably going to be in the same situation you are. My fiance is Pakistani by birth, but has not lived there for years, he is in Korea now. I think they will probably give him the same treatment, I am hoping not, and hoping for the best, but after seeing so many muslim men having such a hard time, it is hard to have a positive attitude sometimes. I am wishing you the very best, and for a speedy resolution. If I were you I would do everything possible, contact your congressman, senator, whatever it takes to make them aware you are not just going to stand back and watch them do nothing. It may not do any good, but at least they know you exist and your case exists and it is not sitting on some desk somewhere collecting dust. Good Luck to you....

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you get your interview date soon and can move on with your lives together.

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 months ago my fiance submitted the packet 3 saying he has all the documents ready for the interview. we were expecting the interview within the next month or 2, but havent even been given a date yet. i called the frankfurt embassy a month ago (at the 2 month point) and his case worker told me he is in administrative processing and it could take several months. i asked what that consists of and she told me its confidential but just more background checks and such. the only problem i could think of is that he changed citizenship from turkish to german, and ive read that males from muslim countries always have a harder time, but hes lived in germany his whole life. i dont get what is going on... i thought that the background checking stage is already over. we have postponed travel plans because we were afraid to leave, expecting the interview which never came. i dont know if i should just keep putting my life on hold or what :( anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? does contacting a congressman really help in this kind of situation? thanks all

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. My husband had such a positive experience with this embassy. I had seen several other cases from Frankfurt where the fiance was a male of muslim decent and they are the only ones who were put on AR. It is very sad that we live in a world where this is an issue. I truly hope that it goes quickly for you and that when it is done I am sure your interview will go smoothly. On a positive note most of the cases that are put on AR at embassy stage of the process go much quicker than those that are done before the NOA2 or at the NVC. If you have any questions in regard to Frankfurt feel free to ask me. Good luck to you!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Hi there,

wow that really sucks. Since now we have had just very positive experiences with the Frankfurt embassy. But I am German Citizen by birth.

Well...we all still need to understand that America is very sensitive when it comes to people from the eastern countries....especially since 9/11. Even if he didnt do anything bad. It just sucks for couples who just wanna be together. But three months isnt too bad. Maybe you get approved sooner than you think.

If contacting your Congressmen really helps....I dont know. Since the petition isnt even in the states, I guess? Are you doing DCF? Are you in Germany then? I mean if you both are together, then everything is fine I think.

Isabel

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your advice. Unfortunately we aren´t doing DCF. I´m just in Germany visiting for 3 months over summer break (im a student) and go back home this week :( I was really thinking everything would be done by now and I would be able to go to the interview with him. Boohoo... guess all we can do is be strong in situations like this. I know there are much worse cases out there and i feel sooo sorry for those people. I was just hoping that since we got this far it would all be smooth sailing!! I understand that America is very careful these days with immigration in general, especially those immigrating from muslim countries, but it´s very hard for my fiance to look forward to coming to a country that already seems to discriminate against him. anyone have any advice on how i can explain this to him and help him feel better about the situation?

thanks again,

indianalady

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you get your interview date soon and can move on with your lives together.

Best wishes.

I was just reading through this site a little further, and I have a couple of questions on it. When I called they said I was in administrative processing. Is this the same thing as administrative review?? And is it the same situation people have who go through this after already having their interview??

One more thing, has anyone ever called the US Visa Services number?? Were they able to help?? I'm hoping so, I will give them a ring tomorrow as they're already closed today.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.