sarah and david

interview in kingston-any words of advice?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have our interview on May 10 in Kingston. For anyone who has also been to Kingston, do you have any suggestions, words of advice, etc? I purchased an expandable file and labeled it with the important stuff, NOA 1+2,DS-156,156k,157,I-134,tax return, bank statement,employment letter. I know we also need to take proof of the ongoing relationship. Do we also need to take the copy of the 1st packet that was sent in back in the beginning of this process? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like you are pretty organized. I did not take my original packet that I mailed into them but it never hurts to be over prepared. The interviewer did have our original packet at the interview though. Good luck and don't stress if you have all your documents and are prepared it should be a walk in the park.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good move with the expandable folder.. hmm wonder where you got that advice from lol... No thats great remember, its better to be over prepared then not have enough with you... Good luck.

Make sure you have your non-impediment form

Police Record

Medical results

Passport pictures

Payment for the visa

Just thinking of things off the top of my head.

Timeline

We have our interview on May 10 in Kingston. For anyone who has also been to Kingston, do you have any suggestions, words of advice, etc? I purchased an expandable file and labeled it with the important stuff, NOA 1+2,DS-156,156k,157,I-134,tax return, bank statement,employment letter. I know we also need to take proof of the ongoing relationship. Do we also need to take the copy of the 1st packet that was sent in back in the beginning of this process? I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

No suggestions, but I have a question for you. How long did it take for you to get your interview date. My fiance submitted his packet directly to the embassy on 3/22/10 and we still have not heard back from the embassy as yet. I am going crazy over here.

Timeline

Congrats sarah and david my interview is may 7, dont to forget to walk with western union receipt if you sent money, pictures of you together and call log showing communication..Good luck

Freepenny my post to you in your thread...once you do that you will be ok.

You seem prepared. I also took a folder with everything organized and labled! It kicked butt! :thumbs: I would recommend going over some of the Embassy reviews. See what questions they may ask.

Just make sure you have everything you may need and be confident. Make a check list of everything and just know that everything will be alright! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.