mozplay

another I-129F quick question

26 posts in this topic

Jen: you don't need a birth certificate for the petition. You can also send in other forms of proof of citizenship, such as your entire photocopied passport.

I know... that's clearly stated in #5 within the instructions of the I-129F....

that's why I said "IF" you're using your birth certificate..... you need to provide a copy of it.

:)

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We posted at the same time. I posted that when you were posting the previous post. Sorry.

By the way I am from Minnesota and my BC# is only 7 digits.

We posted at the same time. I posted that when you were posting the previous post. Sorry.

By the way I am from Minnesota and my BC# is only 7 digits.

:P Great minds...

Not surprised about the differing numbers... the certificates are issued by each state, and they each have their own systems....

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

ok.. so I definately will put the state file number listed (it's the only number that would make any sense to put). since we are sending a copy anyway to prove citizenship then ity should be fine... and if we were not meant to put it, then I gues better too much than too little information.

thanks for all the help.

cheers

mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Click on "example forms" and open the I-129F. There you'll see that, in that line, they wrote "(ONLY complete for Naturalization Certificate)". So no, if you choose birth certificate you just check the box and leave that line blank. If you choose naturalization certificate, then fill that line out.

It's oddly worded on the form though. They should really specify "Give number of naturalization certificate" instead of just "give number of certificate." But then again, the USCIS doesn't seem to like logic too much. :lol:

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Click on "example forms" and open the I-129F. There you'll see that, in that line, they wrote "(ONLY complete for Naturalization Certificate)". So no, if you choose birth certificate you just check the box and leave that line blank. If you choose naturalization certificate, then fill that line out.

It's oddly worded on the form though. They should really specify "Give number of naturalization certificate" instead of just "give number of certificate." But then again, the USCIS doesn't seem to like logic too much. :lol:

So thats where I saw it!!! I thought it was a thread!!! Geez. :)

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

So thats where I saw it!!! I thought it was a thread!!! Geez. :)

There's so much information on here, I've done that too. "I know I saw that somewhere but... was it in a post? The guide? The FAQ? Where?" :lol:

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: Other Timeline

I have never heard of an RFE for lack of a birth certificate registration number.

Trust me, they are NOT gonna check with the county and state where your birth is registered. Their technology is not that good. They will, however, check a naturalization document.

yes, don't write any number there

If you were born in the US, you MUST provide your birth certificate number in that space.

Don't forget to attach a copy of both the front -and- the back of your original birth certificate.

Jen

Jen

The number required is ONLY if one is naturalized, hence why the example form also says 'ONLY complete for Naturalization Certificate' The I-129F does not clearly lay out this particular question as it is on the I-130, but this IS what it refers to. If one is born in the US, by checking 'birth' this question has then been fully answered and can move onto the next question.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

If you were born in the US, you MUST provide your birth certificate number in that space.

Don't forget to attach a copy of both the front -and- the back of your original birth certificate.

Jen

Jen

The number required is ONLY if one is naturalized, hence why the example form also says 'ONLY complete for Naturalization Certificate' The I-129F does not clearly lay out this particular question as it is on the I-130, but this IS what it refers to. If one is born in the US, by checking 'birth' this question has then been fully answered and can move onto the next question.

Thanks Aussie... it's not that clear on the I-129F itself. If you have the number (as you must if you have a birth certificate) there's no harm in providing it... should be clear from the copy you provide (if using the bc as evidence) anyway.

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Other Timeline

Jen

Jen

Thanks Aussie... it's not that clear on the I-129F itself. If you have the number (as you must if you have a birth certificate) there's no harm in providing it... should be clear from the copy you provide (if using the bc as evidence) anyway.

Jen

The only harm could be that they don't want it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.