Flames9_RN

2010 NHL playoffs

115 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got to have a 2010 NHL play off topic in the Cdn forum,lol Lot of good hockey thus far, and I really don't think that many upsets, as in the playoffs anything can happen. Yes I don't even consider Mtl over the Caps in game 1 an upset, NOR would I be surprised if Mtl won the series. Some are surprised that San Jose lost the 1st game, but San Jose has never been a good play off team, but they did battle back to win the 2nd game in OT!

What has surprised me is the # of my patients that have been watching hockey at the hospital,lol I keep telling them, you want increased attention, just have the hockey game on the tele,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Lol...I figured someone would start a hockey thread here in the Canada forum, be it that Canadians LOVE their hockey!....;)

No surprise really, that Flames9_RN, a Canadian hockey fan, started the thread...Thanks.....

Lol about your patients watching hockey to get extra care....Work does have it's benefits for you, indeed..Free games!....:lol:

Ok..So I'm not much of a hockey fan...

And I'm still wondering where the puck is half the time...lol...(as it moves too fast and is too small to catch up with..lol.....)

But my USC husband is watching the hockey playoffs....(though he doesn't watch hockey throughout the rest of the year...he's more of a football fan..but it's not football season yet...lol...)

Anyways, he's cheering for the local team...The Buffalo Sabres....... :dance:

Anyone else cheering for them? :unsure:

Go Sabres go! :star:

They are 1-1 with the Boston team....We'll see what happens next......

Meanwhile..D's hockey/TV time= Ant's VJ/computer time...It all works out well...lol.....:lol:

Go Canadian hockey fans go! :star:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Ovechkin is ugly and stupid. Go Habs!

I have no idea who he is... :unsure: (but I'm guessing he is a hockey player, be it that this is the NHL thread...)

But the mention of that name reminds me of that "Rumpelstiltskin" character in the fairy tales...:lol:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I gotta say... YAY FOR THE PLAYOFFS AND GO CANUCKS!!!

If I have to be stuck here in canada waiting out my document processing, Im happy enough to be stuck here during the playoffs!! :dance:

As for the habs...I have a personal thing against mtl right now...so I have to include the Habs with that!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

NBA. Go Lakers!!!!!

04/07/10 - Sent I-130

04/09/10 - Delivered

04/15/10 - NOA 1

04/16/10 - Check Cashed

04/19/10 - Touched

09/27/10 - Touched

09/28/10 - Approved, Received text, email at 8:00am, PST

Timeline

NBA. Go Lakers!!!!!

Always 1 idiot to crash a topic! Congrats!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

NBA. Go Lakers!!!!!

:rofl:....

While we're at it....Go Bills (NFL)! Go Yankees! (MLB)! Go Bisons (AAA Baseball)!.....

Whatever....I'm somewhat clueless about sports anyways...lol.... :wacko::lol:

Go ALL local sports teams! :dance:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got to have a 2010 NHL play off topic in the Cdn forum,lol Lot of good hockey thus far, and I really don't think that many upsets, as in the playoffs anything can happen. Yes I don't even consider Mtl over the Caps in game 1 an upset, NOR would I be surprised if Mtl won the series. Some are surprised that San Jose lost the 1st game, but San Jose has never been a good play off team, but they did battle back to win the 2nd game in OT!

What has surprised me is the # of my patients that have been watching hockey at the hospital,lol I keep telling them, you want increased attention, just have the hockey game on the tele,lol

What would any Canadian forum be without having a hockey topic in there. some of the games have been a lot closer than I figured they would be.

I thought for sure the Caps in 4 but they've really only played 1 good period in the whole series that being the 3rd in to-days game.

I do think OV is back in form now and the next 3 games will be the Caps.

Very happy to see my Bruins tie it up to-day hoping they can get 3 more wins and move on.

The series surprising me the most is the Red Wings/ Coyotes Thought for sure Det. would walk easily through this one.

Just goes to show the playoffs are a whole new season and anything can happen.

Very happy to see my Bruins tie it up to-day hoping they can get 3 more wins and move on.

Just goes to show the playoffs are a whole new season and anything can happen.

....Bruins beat the Sabres today....:(

Oh well..We'll see what happens next...Anything can happen in the playoffs...;)

Btw..What is a 'bruin' anyways?

Lol..A sabre is a sword, a habitant is a farmer, a canuck is a Canadian.....:lol:

Really, where do teams get their names? :unsure: ....I always wondered about that...hmmm......

Ant

Ok....I'm not much of a hockey fan...

But I admit, if there is one thing I like about hockey...

Is that they play both the Canadian and the American anthems at their games! :thumbs::star:

I'm not sure if other sports do this.....(I don't think many others do.....)

But if hockey does it..Then that's a good sign of good Canadian/American relations...:)

It's cool too, to nowadays be able to know the words of both anthems! :whistle:

(lol..being dual..I can't decide...So sing both, I suppose...lol...)

:star: O Canada! The Star Spangled Banner! :star:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ovechkin is ugly and stupid. Go Habs!

:rofl:! Ohhhh wow. Quote of the day? Possibly?

Go AVS!!

It's already shaping up to be a wild series, but I'm banking on another Sharks playoff choke.

The husband and I have tickets to game 4 on Tuesday, I'm pretty excited! :star:

Timeline

I clicked a whole bunch of MultiQuotes on this thread, and I think they're all Ant's. :lol:

Anyways, he's cheering for the local team...The Buffalo Sabres....... :dance:

Anyone else cheering for them? :unsure:

Go Sabres go! :star:

I am! LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO! :D

:rofl:....

While we're at it....Go Bills (NFL)! Go Yankees! (MLB)! Go Bisons (AAA Baseball)!.....

Whatever....I'm somewhat clueless about sports anyways...lol.... :wacko::lol:

Go ALL local sports teams! :dance:

Ant

Go Bills, Go Blue Jays, Go Red Wings (Rochester baseball), and Go Amerks (Rochester Americans minor-league hockey)! :D

....Bruins beat the Sabres today....:(

Oh well..We'll see what happens next...Anything can happen in the playoffs...;)

Btw..What is a 'bruin' anyways?

Lol..A sabre is a sword, a habitant is a farmer, a canuck is a Canadian.....:lol:

Really, where do teams get their names? :unsure: ....I always wondered about that...hmmm......

Ant

I came across this a few months ago: mental_floss Blog » What’s in a Nickname? The Origins of All 30 NHL Team Names

Ok....I'm not much of a hockey fan...

But I admit, if there is one thing I like about hockey...

Is that they play both the Canadian and the American anthems at their games! :thumbs::star:

I'm not sure if other sports do this.....(I don't think many others do.....)

But if hockey does it..Then that's a good sign of good Canadian/American relations...:)

It's cool too, to nowadays be able to know the words of both anthems! :whistle:

(lol..being dual..I can't decide...So sing both, I suppose...lol...)

:star: O Canada! The Star Spangled Banner! :star:

Ant

From what I've heard, not every arena in the US does this unless there's a Canadian team playing, and I don't believe arenas in Canada play the American anthem if both teams are Canadian. Buffalo, however, plays both at every game, presumably due to the proximity to Canada, but I don't know for sure.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.