mistytom

K1 petition approved - Need more information on embassy London

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Required information for the American Embassy London

I have just received notification that my K1 petition has been approved.

Please can I get an advice as to how to go about applying for the fiancé visa via the Embassy in London.

I have tried calling the Embassy in London but they are not giving me a good enough advice, as I was asked to write.

Please :

1. How do I book for Medical Examination?

2. How do I book a visa appointment?

3. What are the documents required of me?

4. When do I need to produce/ provide or present these document?

5. what number do I need to call for the embassy UK London

Thank you

Please can I get an advice as to how to go about applying for the fiancé visa via the Embassy in London.

I have tried calling the Embassy in London but they are not giving me a good enough advice, as I was asked to write.

Please :

5. What number do I need to call for the embassy UK London?

I have tried but no luck; I am confused :crying:

Thank you

Thomas

try here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/K-1_and_IR-1/CR-1_-_UK_Specific_Information

and here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/250067-between-noa2-and-interview-2010/

Why do you need the phone number for the embassy if you've already called them?

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Moving thread from K1 process forum to consular forum.

In the meantime, this should help:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London

SA4userbar.jpg

oh!!! yeah I called the embassy with premium number (expensive), which is for visa appointment/ booking. I just wanted to enquire what to do next and the lady who picked was not really helpful. she asked me to go to the website. from what I gathered she is not acquainted with the K1 fiancée visa process

this is why I want perhaps a different number or instruction on what to do.

thanks

The embassy won't tell you what to do next. But, there are great resources here on Visa Journey.

Check out the link at the top of the page called Embassy Info. You'll find links on there to the instruction page the embassy will send you in a few weeks with how to apply for the visa. It has the forms you need, where to send them, and how to book your medical.

You can fill out the forms, but don't send them in or book your medical until you get the LDN case number.

Other things which are useful are the example forms link at the top of the page.

You should also browse through the links in this UK regional forum for the different London quirks like:

- Check "do intend" to provide specific contributions (this is contrary to the example forms on here, because it is unique to London)

By the way, for the K-1, you will not book your appointment, they will assign an interview date after you send in your forms. They are often accommodating if you request a date range (specify a 2 week range far enough out) or say that you will be out of town for certain dates, etc.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate thread moved from UK Regional Forum to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion to keep all of the discussion in one location

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Please :

5. What number do I need to call for the embassy UK London?

I have tried but no luck; I am confused :crying:

Thank you

Thomas

First of all you need to slow down!!! Getting a K-1 petition approved by USIC doesn't mean anything also it is the beginnig, so sit back and relax for the long haul. So first, make sure that your petition makes it to the Visa Center, then make sure that VSC process it and DHL it to UK Consular. Then make sure that the UK Consular recieve it and wait for them to send you something known as Packet #3. This packer will have all the necessary instruction and forms for you to fill out and send back to the Consular. Then the Consular will send you another packet know as Packet #4, which will include your interview date and any other items to bring with you to the interview. Depending on how the interview goes, you may be issued a visa :thumbs: , or, God forbid, denied.... :crying:

Good luck..

• 3 weeks later...

First of all you need to slow down!!! Getting a K-1 petition approved by USIC doesn't mean anything also it is the beginnig, so sit back and relax for the long haul. So first, make sure that your petition makes it to the Visa Center, then make sure that VSC process it and DHL it to UK Consular. Then make sure that the UK Consular recieve it and wait for them to send you something known as Packet #3. This packer will have all the necessary instruction and forms for you to fill out and send back to the Consular. Then the Consular will send you another packet know as Packet #4, which will include your interview date and any other items to bring with you to the interview. Depending on how the interview goes, you may be issued a visa :thumbs: , or, God forbid, denied.... :crying:

Good luck..

thank you for the responses.

I have got a letter from the consular saying my petition has been approved. the letter contains link to the consular website and that for medical. but the link does not contain any instruction as to what form to fill and how to book for medical test.

but the letter did say "once you have notified us that you have all your documents, we will schedule an appointment for your visa interview. "

1. do I need to call them to inform them, of this?

2. the documents required are not stated.

3. what number do I call?

4. how about packet 3 (being mentioned alot ).

I also read that the letter replaces packet No. 3. is this true?

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thank you for the responses.

I have got a letter from the consular saying my petition has been approved. the letter contains link to the consular website and that for medical. but the link does not contain any instruction as to what form to fill and how to book for medical test.

but the letter did say "once you have notified us that you have all your documents, we will schedule an appointment for your visa interview. "

1. do I need to call them to inform them, of this?

2. the documents required are not stated.

3. what number do I call?

4. how about packet 3 (being mentioned alot ).

I also read that the letter replaces packet No. 3. is this true?

thanks

Check that link again, it really should all be there. eg: there should be blue underlined links at the upper right hand section of the page which go to the relevant documents. You can book a medical test by ringing Knightsbridge Doctors directly. And I KNOW that number is on the site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.