RosaMystica7

One more question about my job/petition situation

4 posts in this topic

Okay. If ya haven't caught this yet, here's what I've got so far. We need to keep working on finishing up the petition, and I need to find a new job. I've been told by an immigration lawyer that I should have had my job for at least 3 months by the time his interview rolls around... I'm 21 years old and my past tax returns show nearly nothing because I was living at home with my parents and in college, so I need to show that I'll be dependable. We also need the time to prepare and put money in the bank and whatnot anyway.

Now, my latest question is... when should we mail the petition out, taking that into consideration? We'll be going through VSC, which has been the fastest service center in the past (I wish I could rent it out to the stuck CSC people while I'm not using it...), and seems to be the same way now. I'm looking through timelines from April 06 on and see NOA2s from anywhere between 20 days to 3 months. :blink:

When I go to the statistics page, I see 38 days on average til the NOA2... then an additional average of 84 days from when the French consulate recieves the packet until the interview date. Which makes for a grand total of 122 days. I'm not sure if IMBRA or incomplete timelines would screw these averages up...?

:wacko::lol: When would be best for me to mail the petition to VSC? It looks like it should take an average of around 4 months, which is more than the time that I should have held the job. Considering the US government, I highly doubt it'd be possible for us to go from mailing the petition to interview date in less than 90 days... right? So if I mail the petition after I've started working my new job and am sure I'll keep it, it looks like that should work out safely, right?

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

It took less than 80 days for me (NOA1 - interview date). One can only guess...

I'm looking at your timeline and I see you sent your I-129F on 03-14 and your interview was 06-06. Wow, just under the 3 month mark, that's incredible. :) I'd guess that, in that case, I'd get by okay since it'd be nearly 3 months. Maybe I should wait a little bit after I start my new job... I want to wait and be sure that I fit into the job well and am gonna keep it anyway. :) The question is... how long after starting my new job do we wait. *scratches chin*

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It took less than 80 days for me (NOA1 - interview date). One can only guess...

I'm looking at your timeline and I see you sent your I-129F on 03-14 and your interview was 06-06. Wow, just under the 3 month mark, that's incredible. :) I'd guess that, in that case, I'd get by okay since it'd be nearly 3 months. Maybe I should wait a little bit after I start my new job... I want to wait and be sure that I fit into the job well and am gonna keep it anyway. :) The question is... how long after starting my new job do we wait. *scratches chin*

Yeah, I know. But after IMBRA it's a whole different story. I still have to have my petition sent back to the consulate so I can have the interview.

If you have to have a job for at least 3 months, according to the lawyer, maybe after 2 months? aselano, dear, one step at a time. Focus now on getting a job you like and that will pay what you deserve and need :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.