marie_yahya

protesting in Morocco

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe that if all the families of the fiance's and the wives with our benificiaries that we are filing for whom have been denied and even the ones that have not and for the ones who come after us......We Must make a stand and PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN MOROCCO YES CASSABLANCA....Why cos we all have just had about enough of this denying all the time no good reasons yet most of us are waiting anywhere from 1 to 5 years to be as a real FAMILY AS WE SHOULD BE....BUT BECAUSE OF THE INTERVIEWERS AND HOW THERE DAY IS OR WHAT THEY THINK OR HOW THEY FEEL THAT DAY TO MAKE A HASTY DECISION TO BE DENIED WHEN WE ARE WAITING SO LONG FOR OUR ANSWERS.... I KNOW THAT IF WE WERE TO GET TOGETHER AND MAKE A CHANGE AND SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE AS ONE COS WE ARE ALL FIGHTING FOR THE SAME CAUSE THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY MAKE THERE DECISIONS ABOUT US AND WHO IS IN LOVE OR NOT....PERSONNALLY IT IS A BIG MONEY MAKER TOOOOO IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT EVERYTIME WE FILE WE HAVE TO PUT OUT JUST FOR THE K-1 455.00 FOR K-3 OR CR1 IS 355.00 PLUS THE WEDDING AND THE COST OF FLIGHTS TO GO TO MOROCCO AND THEN THE SECOND OR THIRD COST OF THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS IT IS NOT RIGHT OR FAIR SO TO PUT A STOP TO THIS CRAZYNESS LIKE I SAID IS TO DO WHAT REAL AMERICANS WOULD DO IN OUR OWN COUNTRY AND BEING THE AMERICANS ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE THESE DECISIONS FOR US AND OUR LOVED ONES I BELIEVE WE NEED TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUISSNESS AND MAKE OUR LOVED ONES COME HOME TO US,,,,,,,INSHAALLAH

q8famrp11.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yikes :dance:

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Timeline

I am just saying that it is enough with all the people who apply that most of us get denied and no one has to Protest but in behalf of our loved ones and being together it would be worth it to make a difference.....Like here in America we make a difference even if it dont we try and we dont stop until something is done even if is a small change and well.....If everyone does not do anything at all except complain to the state Department which is the next in command to get things changed and they say they will do everything they can, and in reality nothing still changes what does that say.....Well that means that they will not do a whole lot for anyone cos they are a system that works together and so they can make many excuses for our loved ones not being with us........ just like many of our heros they had to make a stand before something got done....I refilied and this will be my third time here on vj... they have made many excuses for us not to be together I wonder now we are married and we do love eachother more then most couples that are together here in the same country but yet they always seem to make an excuse for why we should not be together....Its been a long 4yrs. plus for us we dont want people to expirence this process like we did.. and like I said almost everyone has filied more then once....Well if I were the government I would like my accontants figures at the end of the year........but you can say no one will join me but you wont have to if you dont want to but if we get denied this time I will be living in morocco and hopefully it would only take one person to make that change......like I said there were many here in the USA who have made a difference and they did it from just one person not being affraid to take that change to make a change... anyway inshaallah...God bless

q8famrp11.png

Timeline

I believe that if all the families of the fiance's and the wives with our benificiaries that we are filing for whom have been denied and even the ones that have not and for the ones who come after us......We Must make a stand and PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN MOROCCO YES CASSABLANCA....Why cos we all have just had about enough of this denying all the time no good reasons yet most of us are waiting anywhere from 1 to 5 years to be as a real FAMILY AS WE SHOULD BE....BUT BECAUSE OF THE INTERVIEWERS AND HOW THERE DAY IS OR WHAT THEY THINK OR HOW THEY FEEL THAT DAY TO MAKE A HASTY DECISION TO BE DENIED WHEN WE ARE WAITING SO LONG FOR OUR ANSWERS.... I KNOW THAT IF WE WERE TO GET TOGETHER AND MAKE A CHANGE AND SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE AS ONE COS WE ARE ALL FIGHTING FOR THE SAME CAUSE THEN THEY WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY MAKE THERE DECISIONS ABOUT US AND WHO IS IN LOVE OR NOT....PERSONNALLY IT IS A BIG MONEY MAKER TOOOOO IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT EVERYTIME WE FILE WE HAVE TO PUT OUT JUST FOR THE K-1 455.00 FOR K-3 OR CR1 IS 355.00 PLUS THE WEDDING AND THE COST OF FLIGHTS TO GO TO MOROCCO AND THEN THE SECOND OR THIRD COST OF THE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS IT IS NOT RIGHT OR FAIR SO TO PUT A STOP TO THIS CRAZYNESS LIKE I SAID IS TO DO WHAT REAL AMERICANS WOULD DO IN OUR OWN COUNTRY AND BEING THE AMERICANS ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE THESE DECISIONS FOR US AND OUR LOVED ONES I BELIEVE WE NEED TO PUT THEM OUT OF BUISSNESS AND MAKE OUR LOVED ONES COME HOME TO US,,,,,,,INSHAALLAH

I am just saying that it is enough with all the people who apply that most of us get denied and no one has to Protest but in behalf of our loved ones and being together it would be worth it to make a difference.....Like here in America we make a difference even if it dont we try and we dont stop until something is done even if is a small change and well.....If everyone does not do anything at all except complain to the state Department which is the next in command to get things changed and they say they will do everything they can, and in reality nothing still changes what does that say.....Well that means that they will not do a whole lot for anyone cos they are a system that works together and so they can make many excuses for our loved ones not being with us........ just like many of our heros they had to make a stand before something got done....I refilied and this will be my third time here on vj... they have made many excuses for us not to be together I wonder now we are married and we do love eachother more then most couples that are together here in the same country but yet they always seem to make an excuse for why we should not be together....Its been a long 4yrs. plus for us we dont want people to expirence this process like we did.. and like I said almost everyone has filied more then once....Well if I were the government I would like my accontants figures at the end of the year........but you can say no one will join me but you wont have to if you dont want to but if we get denied this time I will be living in morocco and hopefully it would only take one person to make that change......like I said there were many here in the USA who have made a difference and they did it from just one person not being affraid to take that change to make a change... anyway inshaallah...God bless
q8famrp11.png

Timeline

I would imagine protesting in a foreign country is not legal. I doubt anyone will be joining you.

who is to say that no one will stand together you are filing in algeria not morocco so unless you know what we are going threw at that embassy with the interviewers just stick with the country you are filing for thank you

q8famrp11.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

People in America have made a difference by protesting because in America we have the right to freedom of assembly written into our Constitution. As far as I know, no such right is guaranteed in Morocco to Moroccan citizens, and unless you are physically inside the consulate, you are subject to Moroccan law. The Moroccan law who wear uniforms and stand outside the consulate, who are bored to death and probably just waiting for something to happen so they can demonstrate their authority.. I don't suggest you try to protest the US Government while on foreign soil. If you want to make a stand, do it in the US where you are protected by the Constitution.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please be careful.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Immigration is not a right, it's a privilege. The sooner you understand that, the easier it will be to 'deal' with this process. Protesting is also a privilege afforded to US citizens, on US soil. What your are proposing would take place not on US soil, therefore subject to the foreign laws. Not sure about legality, but momof1 is probably on the right track...I don't think the Morocco police would look kindly on a bunch of picketers yelling "give our loved one a visa to the US". Just sayin...

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged. please don't start new threads about the same topic in the same forum...

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hi minya's wife!

Off-Topic2.gif

Hi Jackie! :)

duplicate topics merged. please don't start new threads about the same topic in the same forum...

charles, you're back?! You were missed. Dunno why, but there it is. ;)

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

who is to say that no one will stand together you are filing in algeria not morocco so unless you know what we are going threw at that embassy with the interviewers just stick with the country you are filing for thank you

I know quite well what's happening at the embassy in morocco because I've read it time and time again here on VJ. I have a friend who was denied K1 in morocco and is now filing cr1. You don't have to be "from there" to see what's happening.

My husband was in the US when I filed the I-130. When he arrived back in the US last summer, it had been 6.5 years since I originally filed. The I-130 itself took 2.5 years to be approved and then the officer kept it on his desk refusing to send it to the NVC for nearly 2 more years after approval. This was then followed by a 27 month separation during which my son was hospitalized for his heart condition. It cost us nearly $30k in the last 10 years to get his green card. Even through all of this, I know that my family was blessed because this "right" was not guaranteed.

Make a stink if you've been treated unfairly. Contact your representatives. Contact the media. Scream at anyone who will listen, but do so within the proper channels. Protesting in a foreign country while putting yourself and your husband at risk is not one of them.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.