Jen&defs

Just testing the waters

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. Can any one here tell me how are things at the embassy in the Philippines? My fiancee is very worried about the interview. For some reason many Pinoy ladies are very shy and my fiancee is very shy to everything. I will attend the interview with her when the time comes when I'm together with her she is a solid rock tactful and respectful, strong and confident, but when she is alone she is jelly. I want a heads up to prepare her ahead of time, please help. THANX. :help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's a difficult question to answer without knowing your specific circumstances, i.e. her history, as that could characterize the nature of the interview. In regard to Filipinas, the CO will be particularly interested in any indicator of immoral behavior, or what might be perceived as having a lean toward being a bar girl -- which might then translate to a fraudulent relationship. Many times, the girls with no demonstrable education or work history or source of income may find themselves being scrutinized. Not always, but if the CO detects the possibility of it the questions may become a bit more pointed.

Not that your fiancée falls into that category, but that's the trigger for the worst-case scenario.

We'll be having our interview over the next two weeks. I have the benefit of living here in the PI with my fiancée -- we've done the entire petition together -- but we're spending a lot of time going over all possible questions so that she feels comfortable naturally answering them. Which isn't hard when you are telling the truth, but as you say FIlipinas can become a little intimidated by U.S. authority figures, particularly when the person in front of them is determining the course of the rest of their life.

I say preparation is key, as well as having her read the depictions of interviews by other Filipinas on VJ as well as other places on the internet. After a few days of investigation, she'll basically know exactly what to expect when she shows up at the embassy, and have an inkling of how a variety of interviews themselves transpired. Like anything else, her history, poise, demeanor, presence, as well as the substance of your petition, will more than likely determine the course of the questioning.

Good luck.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also, don't expect to be allowed to be physically present in the interview itself. Depending upon whom you ask -- maybe a few people will chime in about this -- the CO may not request you to be there. And even if you are, you will not necessarily be questioned.

The reason I say that is I don't want her to become comfortable with the notion of you being at her side for support during the actual interview process, and then suddenly realize as she is walking in that you will not be. Depending on how shy she actually is, that could be difficult for her.

This post needs to be moved to the regional Philippines forum. You'll get a better response there.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Hello everyone. Can any one here tell me how are things at the embassy in the Philippines? My fiancee is very worried about the interview. For some reason many Pinoy ladies are very shy and my fiancee is very shy to everything. I will attend the interview with her when the time comes when I'm together with her she is a solid rock tactful and respectful, strong and confident, but when she is alone she is jelly. I want a heads up to prepare her ahead of time, please help. THANX. :help:

I'm the fiancee of a USC so i will be the one who will be interviewed!If you don't mind me saying,I think she should be confident enough for this thing will be for the preparation of your future life together!.Nothing beats being TRUE and HONEST in answering all the questions the Consul will give to your fiancee!The best thing is she should know everything thing about you inside out!!!Goodluck on her!

K1 JOURNEY

September 14, 2009 – NOA 1

December 17, 2009 – NOA 2(APPROVAL NOTICE)

January 6,2010 – NVC ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL REVIEW,RETURNED OUR PETITION TO USCIS

March 3, 2010 – REOPENED AND RECONSIDERED

MARCH 8, 2010 – RFE

APRIL 3, 2010 – REAFFIRMED(APPROVED)

APRIL 12, 2010 – CALLED NVC, CASE NO.ASSIGNED

APRIL 30, 2010 - CALLED NVC AGAIN, THEY SAID OUR PAPERS ARE STILL IN USCIS:(

JUNE 18, 2010 - FINALLY, NVC SENT OUR PAPERS TO MANILA

JUNE 25, 2010 - EMBASSY HAVE THE ELECTRONIC COPY

JULY 6 and 7 2010 - MEDICAL(PASSED^_^)

JULY 12, 2010 - INTERVIEW (PASSED)THANK YOU GOD!!!

JULY 21, 2009 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO,WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY:))

CRBA JOURNEY(out of WEDLOCK)

JANUARY 17, 2009 – called FEDEX, ordered packet!

MARCH 15, 2009 – CALLED FEDEX FOR PICK UP

MARCH 17, 2009 – RECEIVED A CALL FROM EMBASSY FOR OUR DAUGHTER’S APPERANCE.MAR. 30:)

MARCH 30, 2009 – CRBA APPROVED WITHOUT DNA,TO GOD BE THE GLORY:)

APRIL 14, 2009 – CRBA CERTIFICATE AND US PASSPORT RECEIVED(YAY!!!)

AOS

DECEMBER 7, 2010 – sent AOS docs via USPS Express mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

DECEMBER 8, 2010 – package was delivered to USCIS, signed by R. Mercado

DECEMBER 15, 2010 – cheque cashed

DECEMBER 17, 2010 - received NOA 1 for I-765, I-485 in the mail dated DEC. 14

DECEMBER 23, 2010 - received biometrics appointment(JAN 14,2010)dated DEC 17.

I FOUND MY DESTINY,MY SOUL MATE,MY BETTER HALF!

Timeline

Hello... I had just passed my interview at the US embassy on April 5, 2010.... My fiance was with me on my preliminary and final interview. I really thought that they won't let him to come with me especially on the final interview... I thought it will just between me and the Consul but I was wrong, he got inside and was being asked by the Consul.. The consul just asked me this: What is my name? The name of my petitioner? Where and how did we met with my fiance? and then he asked me bout the plan of our wedding... Then he asked also my fiance bout what he does for a living.. The questions were just very simple. The questions were just bout the two of us so there's nothing to worry about as long as you complied all the requirements, all your papers are complete..and also if your fiancee knows you better inside and out, and will answer the questions truthfully, everything will be fine and she has to be ready... Try to read also the experiences of the other members here, use it also as a guide. It is really a big help that you will be there with her. Your presence and also PRAYERS will be a BIG HELP. I don't know if you can go with her too on her final interview.. Maybe it depends of the consul or of the interviewer..The one who interviewed us was really nice..

You can make it guys! go! go! go!

God bless and good luck.. :)

Edited by Jesserry

Timeline

Also, don't expect to be allowed to be physically present in the interview itself. Depending upon whom you ask -- maybe a few people will chime in about this -- the CO may not request you to be there. And even if you are, you will not necessarily be questioned.

The reason I say that is I don't want her to become comfortable with the notion of you being at her side for support during the actual interview process, and then suddenly realize as she is walking in that you will not be. Depending on how shy she actually is, that could be difficult for her.

This post needs to be moved to the regional Philippines forum. You'll get a better response there.

Thanks sorry I'm trying to get the hang of VJ here. i'm still getting used to the internet here other than shopping and emails.

Timeline

Hello... I had just passed my interview at the US embassy on April 5, 2010.... My fiance was with me on my preliminary and final interview. I really thought that they won't let him to come with me especially on the final interview... I thought it will just between me and the Consul but I was wrong, he got inside and was being asked by the Consul.. The consul just asked me this: What is my name? The name of my petitioner? Where and how did we met with my fiance? and then he asked me bout the plan of our wedding... Then he asked also my fiance bout what he does for a living.. The questions were just very simple. The questions were just bout the two of us so there's nothing to worry about as long as you complied all the requirements, all your papers are complete..and also if your fiancee knows you better inside and out, and will answer the questions truthfully, everything will be fine and she has to be ready... Try to read also the experiences of the other members here, use it also as a guide. It is really a big help that you will be there with her. Your presence and also PRAYERS will be a BIG HELP. I don't know if you can go with her too on her final interview.. Maybe it depends of the consul or of the interviewer..The one who interviewed us was really nice..

You can make it guys! go! go! go!

God bless and good luck.. :)

SALAMAT PO I needed that bit of info thatks for the best wishes too. paalam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.