Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

interview is april 22

medical is april 16

leaving winnipeg april 13

im such a wreck not even thinking clear so any one please

im soooo nervous

im so scared i have forgot something

i dont have original 2009 taxes or extension my husband filed i only have photocopies as well as the IRS stamp on receipt of extension and payment

but it only photocopy they keep originals

and i am a nervous wreck

leaving tuesday by greyhound bus winnipeg to montreal with 2 kids oh lord have mercy

so anything anyone can throw at me to bring as a reminder to bring with me to montreal

please do

thank you all

The IRS faxed my hubby his transcripts same day. Get yours to call them, you might be able to get a handle on that before your interview....But what you have should be ok, your interview is close enough to tax cut-off that they will probably be happy with what you have.

And do try to relax a little. I know its easier said than done, but you will just drive yourself completely bonkers if you let yourself run around in circles.

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The photocopies should be just fine.

I know it's a stressful situation, but try your best to relax. You have what you have, you're prepared with everything you can think of, and the rest really beyond your control.

Good luck :)

Timeline

The IRS faxed my hubby his transcripts same day. Get yours to call them, you might be able to get a handle on that before your interview....But what you have should be ok, your interview is close enough to tax cut-off that they will probably be happy with what you have.

And do try to relax a little. I know its easier said than done, but you will just drive yourself completely bonkers if you let yourself run around in circles.

my husband only filed extension and made payment to meet deadline of april 15

he has the tax return waiting to be filed

hoping we can add me to it he has until oct 15 to send it to irs

but it completely filled and i got a copy of it just it not been filed

but the extension reflects to it

so i am hoping it will be enough

and he has no prior income tax filing to show only 2009

we have evidence why he never filed last previous taxes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like you should be fine. If asked about why your husband has requested the extension, explaining that he wants to be able to add you with the proper tax identification to the filing sounds like a perfectly valid reason to me. He has proof of the extension so you should be fine. I am sure you have all of your immigration documents in place - just bring lots of stuff to entertain the kids! Wow, I think going to Montreal from Winnipeg with two kids on a bus would be more nerve-wracking than the interview :D. When all is said and done, I bet you will find the interview totally anti-climatic. Good luck to you - and I hope your travels are safe and uneventful, and your interview successful.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Good luck smurf, try to relax a bit. As others have said, proof of the extension is all you should need really. I assume you have some proof of his current income?

all i got is his business info

as he is self employed

and the copy of unfiled tax return and his filed extention and cheque he paid to irs for 2009 taxes

i do have proof showing he owns the business

but he doesnt really have a paycheque as he is sole owner

do you think this will be fine

Timeline

It sounds like you should be fine. If asked about why your husband has requested the extension, explaining that he wants to be able to add you with the proper tax identification to the filing sounds like a perfectly valid reason to me. He has proof of the extension so you should be fine. I am sure you have all of your immigration documents in place - just bring lots of stuff to entertain the kids! Wow, I think going to Montreal from Winnipeg with two kids on a bus would be more nerve-wracking than the interview :D. When all is said and done, I bet you will find the interview totally anti-climatic. Good luck to you - and I hope your travels are safe and uneventful, and your interview successful.

oh my nerves are wrecked already

yup 36 hour bus ride

im praying hard

thank you

oh my nerves are wrecked already

yup 36 hour bus ride

im praying hard

thank you

Yeah, I'd definately be more nervous for that!!! You are a brave soul smurf, good luck girlie!!! Keep us posted :star:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.