elmcitymaven

UK Wiki

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Has anyone else had trouble editing a page that doesn't have any headers in it? The edit tab at the top does nothing for me.

I've posted about this in the site discussion area, but as a workaround, if you're putting in new pages, try to include at least one header, and then it will be editable.

To make a header, just put your header text in = symbols. So it would look like this:

==Header==

Text.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Wow Lansbury, that's quite a write up! Great work :)

Thanks it wasn't just the vicodin making it look good to me then :unsure:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Okay, Kyle has sent me a huge file of info to write up.. so I'll do that when i get home from work. Also, I wanted to start working on the VWP part, but didn't exactly know where to put it in the visa section. I didn't want to upset anyone, so if one of the "leaders" of this project could place a marker in there for me.. that would be most excellent.

Thanks!

I also wanted to add a thanks for starting this(the UK wiki) back up. Sometimes I feel like the redheaded stepchild on the VJ forums.. and I like the UK forum a ton and I'm glad we are working on this project.

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

The thing about the interview process is that it's hard to tell what you need. There are guidelines of documents but when you take them all and they don't need them...

I wish I could take a photo of everything I took to my interview. I had 4 years of tax documents, 6 months of bank statements to prove that Fiance could support me, proof of our relationship: letters, cards, photographs of us together the times we'd been together, copies of the engagement ring receipt, copies of flight tickets... A new declaration stating that I was legally able to marry (my original one had run out by the time I went to send my completed checklist.)

Everything that was Officially Requested On Their Own WEBSITE. (Ok, maybe a few extra things too)

What did they actually take from me? The triplicate signed Affidavit of support and 2008's tax return. That was it.

So, no matter what you do it seems that you either take too much or not at all. I would suggest to just take everything... Everything that they request. They'll just take what they need after all.

I am having some thoughts about format. For the visa things, can we somehow designate items in the Wiki which are published in instructions/embassy website and absolutely required (Sort of thinking this would be short, and more check-list-y) and also highlight in a different way the "insider tips" types of things. Maybe this is what's already done with what looks like code blocks, but at least for me it has a wrap text issue. Other things might be to highlight steps to be taken now so that later processes with be smoother. For example, getting all vaccines before the medical eases AOS/I693 issues later, but doesn't affect the visa process.

Also, I wish there was a way to make a sort of tip window that might pop up when you hover over something, because just on my first glance through, I already found it a little confusing (too many words) But often not really worthy of it's own wiki page...

Anyway, I wanted to get some buy in from the group, and hopefully come up with something uniform before we get too far.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am having some thoughts about format. For the visa things, can we somehow designate items in the Wiki which are published in instructions/embassy website and absolutely required (Sort of thinking this would be short, and more check-list-y) and also highlight in a different way the "insider tips" types of things. Maybe this is what's already done with what looks like code blocks, but at least for me it has a wrap text issue. Other things might be to highlight steps to be taken now so that later processes with be smoother. For example, getting all vaccines before the medical eases AOS/I693 issues later, but doesn't affect the visa process.

Also, I wish there was a way to make a sort of tip window that might pop up when you hover over something, because just on my first glance through, I already found it a little confusing (too many words) But often not really worthy of it's own wiki page...

Anyway, I wanted to get some buy in from the group, and hopefully come up with something uniform before we get too far.

I say, if something feels unclear, go nuts - edit as you please. I don't know all that much about formatting in wiki's, but there are help pages available and linked in the editor page. Perhaps they can help?

In relation to the Vaccines, remember that the K-1 process is different from those getting IR-1/CR-1. Those visas do require that you complete your vaccine list before the visa is issued.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.