Carried1

Address changes - serious or not?

9 posts in this topic

Hello- I have a couple of questions about address changes- My wife and I are just about to write the check and lick the stamps (it is really going certified) on our removal of conditions application. We are getting a little stuck on the address changes on the form (the dreaded checked box Yes - please use seperate sheet of paper etc etc. Here's the concern-

We moved to texas in Mar 2009...never updated address change until Nov. I think we are okay there.

But when filling out the application we realized we totally did not register 2 small time scale address changes.

We still get mail to the original address- (my sisters house)

Question since i did not register the changes - should I list them or will this cause more problems than it is worth..Any help appreciated!!! Thanks

Any quick responses would be great! :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As long as you have your current address in the system you should be ok. We also did not submit our change until a few months after the move and there was no problem.

Fill in the forms truthfully and accurately. If you stayed with family/friends/whomever or hotel while waiting for your next residence to be ready for occupancy then it would not count.

Did the USC spouse also mail in the I-865 for the sponsor's change of address?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Tell the truth and put down your previous address.

To be honest I don't think it matters that much.

I did the address change and when I received a notive from USCIS to file for ROC (yes sometimes they send notices). It was forwarded from our old address.

Even though we did the papers they didn't even bother to update the information.

I called to make sure we were ok, the agent said we were fine as long as we put our new address on the form (duh!)

So my point is, if they don't always bother to update the information, they are not going to cause you trouble as long as you don't lie.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

I didn't even know until recently we had to inform them of an address change lol . When i filled the 1751 i noted down the four previous addresses on the form. It was never an issue though about not informing them.

It may not have been a problem, but it IS a requirement to inform USCIS of address changes (at least until you're a US citizen).

SA4userbar.jpg

I never informed them about my address change(I moved a month after a received my green card in the mail)...they know my new address now that i sended my I-751 a couple weeks ago....that wasn't a problem...i received my NOA1 letter to my new address without any inconvenience!!!...i also didn't know that we have to inform them about address changing!...so don't worry, everything is OK :thumbs:

Here is the link to the AR-11 form to change your address for the people who haven't done so....

http://www.uscis.gov.../form/ar-11.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.