frenzyheart

Need some re-assurance.

7 posts in this topic

Alrighty, so after much drama surrounding this with my aunt/uncle and having to find someone else, we went and got all the documents tonight. I kind of want to run it by everyone, just to see if there's anything else that people could think that we need.

My grandfather gave us the following:

• A letter from his employer stating that he made 15,578.38 in 2009. They also stated what he made in 2008. We have his tax transcripts from 2007-2009, as well as W2s, but they don't give out paystubs anymore. I do realize this is not the 20k.... soooo... we used other stuff, too.

These are the other things he put down that we are not sure how to prove.

• He has about 20k in personal property. Probably more, but we rounded down.
  • He put down his life insurance, which is 29,500.
  • He put down his house, which is completely paid off and valued at $101,000.

He also gets Social Security, but we weren't sure how to factor that in. He, obviously, only has my grandma and him as his household, and all of this stuff adds up to about $160,000... but like I said, I'm not sure how to go about proving it. He's more than willing to help us out with whatever is needed.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The only thing on my I-134, unfortunately, is the personal property, simply because I'm still a student and they won't look at financial aid, and I've been very unlucky in finding employment. I'm not on any government assistance or anything like that; I get enough in financial aid to take care of my bills. Luckily, that will change once I'm back because I'll finally have a job. Things have been so crazy stressful, and I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.

:help:

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Okay, so I figured out how to prove what his house is worth, but I'm still a little lost on the life insurance and how to go about factoring in his Social Security stuff. I have his tax stuff which shows his social security benefits on it, but I don't know if we add that into his annual income, or if I can just explain it at the interview. We weren't originally going to use his bank accounts, but I'm thinking I might, since I found out that it's not purely his "savings" as the paper says. Sure, it means waiting for print outs to be faxed to me, but I'd rather be over prepared than under prepared.

If anyone can help with the life insurance/Social Security bit, it'd be a lot of help!! :thumbs: (Especially since I leave tomorrow! :wacko: )

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

If its on his Tax transcripts from the IRS, you should be ok.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I think i'm a little confused as to what your questions actually are, but i'll try to help.

First, the social security income. It is permissible as income (well it is for the I-864, so I guess we can assume it is for the I-134). Therefore it would just be included as income.

As for the bank accounts, I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's not purely savings - so, anyway.

You have found out how to prove the worth of the house, so that's good.

The life insurance policy - I am assuming that it is some savings type policy that he can cash at any time - if so, you should bring proof of that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have just started filling out the I-134 for my fiance'. I am confused on question 7 since my derived annual income is above poverty guidelines for 2 people, do I have to list

1. How much is on deposit in a bank and does that include both my checking and my savings accounts?
  2. Do I have to list the reasonable value of my personal property if my amount of money made in a year is over the poverty line for myself and my fiance' when I marry him?
  3. Do I have to list my life insurance (and if I can't get "cash surrender value" from it would I list it at all?)

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a K-1 visa petitioner, I have read that I need to have an "affidavit of support". Can I just vent that the I-864 has much clearer directions than the I-134? For the K-1, I only need to submit the I-134 correct? That is what it looks like from the directions in the example forms.

Hi,

I think i'm a little confused as to what your questions actually are, but i'll try to help.

First, the social security income. It is permissible as income (well it is for the I-864, so I guess we can assume it is for the I-134). Therefore it would just be included as income.

As for the bank accounts, I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's not purely savings - so, anyway.

You have found out how to prove the worth of the house, so that's good.

The life insurance policy - I am assuming that it is some savings type policy that he can cash at any time - if so, you should bring proof of that.

THANK YOU TMIX!!!!!! :luv:

To explain the savings thing, it states on the I-134 "Amount that you have on savings deposit" or something like that, so I thought it meant just a savings account, but I figured out that it meant bank account, too. :)

Thank you again, SO MUCH for answering!! :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.