anon

Possible visa fraud... what now?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hi pushbrk i ask bob4ana and pushbrk i ask you same question pleas give me answer my question marriage to a usa citizen on a tourist visa in this situtation is legal or ilegal when op violate filling form term and condition please give me answer

hi bob4ana and pushbrk ok let supose for example op get tourist visa and go there marry to his fiancee and then return back to his own country and then op husband or wife filed i-130 petation for him and at the time of husband or wife interview consular officer ask op why you marry on a tourist visa our officer give you this visa because this visa is only purpose for tourism and when you filling your tourist visa form you mention in your form that you are a tourist and you going only for tourism and your filling form is in our record because usa immigration govt issue this form is only for tourist only and only tourist person authorised to fill this form and you are violating and breaking tourist visa form term and condition please give me

explation and justification

husband or wife answer to consular officer sir i did not do any thing wrong when i marry my fiancee then i filed without AOS and without over stayed and without break any law and i return back to my home country and then my husband or wife filed i-130 petation visa petation for me

consular officer answer - consular officer say to husband or wife i know and agree with you you dont over stayed there without break any law return back to your home country but iam sorry my law does not permit me to issue you a immigration visa because you are violating and break our tourist visa law filling form term and condition so that why iam denied or reject your immigration visa petation and iam transfer your case for further inquiry so in that case who can give gurantee husband or wife that your immigration visa approve even lawer cannot give you 100 percent gurantee that your visa petation is 100 percent approve

The proper name is the B2, or "visitor's visa". It is not solely for tourism. It can be used for any activity which is not either illegal in the US, or explicitly disallowed with that specific type of visa. You can use a B2 visa to go to Disney World, or you can use it to go to Cedars Sinai Hospital for a kidney transplant, or just about any other legal purpose.

What pushbrk and others have been trying to tell you is that there is no list of what you are specifically allowed to do while in the US with a visitor's visa. There is only a list of what you are specifically NOT allowed to do. That list includes getting a job, staying in the US beyond your permitted length of stay, voting in any election, claiming to be a US citizen, and a host of other things that would not get a US citizen into any trouble. That list does NOT include marriage. Anyone in the US, regardless of what type of visa they entered with, can get married here.

Your hypothetical conversations with consular officers are meaningless. Yes, there's a good chance that a consular officer in many countries would deny you a B2 visa if you explicitly stated you intended to get married during your stay. This is NOT because getting married is illegal, but because he SUSPECTS you will try to immigrate using your non-immigrant B2 visa, which IS illegal.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The proper name is the B2, or "visitor's visa". It is not solely for tourism. It can be used for any activity which is not either illegal in the US, or explicitly disallowed with that specific type of visa. You can use a B2 visa to go to Disney World, or you can use it to go to Cedars Sinai Hospital for a kidney transplant, or just about any other legal purpose.

What pushbrk and others have been trying to tell you is that there is no list of what you are specifically allowed to do while in the US with a visitor's visa. There is only a list of what you are specifically NOT allowed to do. That list includes getting a job, staying in the US beyond your permitted length of stay, voting in any election, claiming to be a US citizen, and a host of other things that would not get a US citizen into any trouble. That list does NOT include marriage. Anyone in the US, regardless of what type of visa they entered with, can get married here.

Your hypothetical conversations with consular officers are meaningless. Yes, there's a good chance that a consular officer in many countries would deny you a B2 visa if you explicitly stated you intended to get married during your stay. This is NOT because getting married is illegal, but because he SUSPECTS you will try to immigrate using your non-immigrant B2 visa, which IS illegal.

hi jimvaphuong yea you right that iam trying to say those person who try to enter any type of visa and getting marriage which is not for marriage purpose that person is violating and breaking the law of visa filling form terms and condition which is totally illegal because that type of visa form is only filling for other activity not for marriage purpose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think this thread has gotten so stupid in splitting hairs... Mustafa... let it drop, the OP is trying to do things legally and has respected the intent of the immigration system by returning to their country to process for the proper visa... rehashing hypothetical situations and invented conversations with immigration officers is not of use to the OP...

To the OP... just move forward, collect the necessary documents for bonifide marriage and financial documents, tell the truth that you got married here in the USA and returned within your alotted visa time frame and hopefully all will go well and you will live happily ever after.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think this thread has gotten so stupid in splitting hairs... Mustafa... let it drop, the OP is trying to do things legally and has respected the intent of the immigration system by returning to their country to process for the proper visa... rehashing hypothetical situations and invented conversations with immigration officers is not of use to the OP...

To the OP... just move forward, collect the necessary documents for bonifide marriage and financial documents, tell the truth that you got married here in the USA and returned within your alotted visa time frame and hopefully all will go well and you will live happily ever after.

:thumbs: Moving on now.....

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Mustafa,

check the following out: .

It's a dot, also known as a full stop. It's used to end a sentence, after which you start a new one. It's absolutely fine if you're still working on your English skills; after all, practice is good. But try to get this little thing implemented and you'll make reading your posts so much easier.

My daughter, living in France, got married on Maui, HI, 2 years ago. She works for a European airline and because she gets a huge employee discount (Europe-USA roundtrip $100), travels a lot, which is why she has a B1/B2. When she was asked what the purpose of her stay in the US, specifically on Hawaii, was, she truthfully stated: I'm getting married! What do you think, Mustafa: did the US Customs and Border Patrol Officer let her in and get married, or did he send her and her husband back, because tourists who want to get married in Hawaii are suspicious of wanting to immigrate to the US illegally?

hi justbob tell your daughter what ever your daughter resons is tell the truth nothing but truth

Timeline

hi to all vjers and all junior and senior members of this forum as we all discuss alot of tourist visa topic so in the end that we all agree and satisfy that use b2 tourist visa is only for marriage purpose is completely illegal and consider in visa fraud

so in that case we all vjers senior and junior members of this forum promise to each other next time we look forward when we give advise to other any kind of visa our advise and suggestion is full of honesty and full of truthness and we always tell truth nothing but truth and our advise always in right direction because we are here because to help people because when we give advise to other our advise reflect op whole life future becoz op completely depand on our advise if our advise is in wrong direction we are responsible and guilty becoz we are playing op whole life future becoz op completely depend and react our advise so next time we all be careful have a nice day

Filed: Country:
Timeline
hi to all vjers and all junior and senior members of this forum as we all discuss alot of tourist visa topic so in the end that we all agree and satisfy that use b2 tourist visa is only for marriage purpose is completely illegal and consider in visa fraud

Come on dude, really?

For the last time: GETTING MARRIED WHILE IN THE US ON A B2 VISA IS NOT IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Using a B2 Visa to enter the US, get married and then adjust to LPR IS IMMIGRATION FRAUD IF (AND ONLY IF) there was intent to adjust status when you entered the US using the B2 Visa.

I can't think of a simpler way to say it so that you can understand the difference.

Filed: Timeline

so in that case we all vjers senior and junior members of this forum promise to each other next time we look forward when we give advise to other any kind of visa our advise and suggestion is full of honesty and full of truthness and we always tell truth nothing but truth and our advise always in right direction because we are here because to help people because when we give advise to other our advise reflect op whole life future becoz op completely depand on our advise if our advise is in wrong direction we are responsible and guilty becoz we are playing op whole life future becoz op completely depend and react our advise so next time we all be careful have a nice day

hahahaha...dude you are really on fire with your agenda.

Anyway, i think the OP went the correct way and should be all set. Good luck!! Let us know how the interview went.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'll only make that promise if -

you reform yer words to include punctuation and proper capitalization.

Prolly time for a re-write, as well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think Mustafa is the only smartest person in the world. He is explaing too hard about tourist visa but people dont seem to understand. I feel bad for everybody.

or maybe I am wrong and its the other way around.

04/07/10 - Sent I-130

04/09/10 - Delivered

04/15/10 - NOA 1

04/16/10 - Check Cashed

04/19/10 - Touched

09/27/10 - Touched

09/28/10 - Approved, Received text, email at 8:00am, PST

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
we all need to think and write like Speedy Gonzalez on a caffeine high si man

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I think Mustafa is the only smartest person in the world. He is explaing too hard about tourist visa but people dont seem to understand. I feel bad for everybody.

yes you're wrong and it is the other way around.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Come on dude, really?

For the last time: GETTING MARRIED WHILE IN THE US ON A B2 VISA IS NOT IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Using a B2 Visa to enter the US, get married and then adjust to LPR IS IMMIGRATION FRAUD IF (AND ONLY IF) there was intent to adjust status when you entered the US using the B2 Visa.

I can't think of a simpler way to say it so that you can understand the difference.

hi bob4ana i think i will explain you in another angel with different style of this visa issue hope you better understand this time

first of all tell me what is the first stage of tourist visa root and structure definetely the first stage is filling form

and second stage when interview schedule

and thirth stage is approval of visa

so in that case please give me the answer without a doing a first step how op fill a form how op go for interview how op get a tourist b2 visa

when op first step is full of dishonesty full of lie and full of bad thinking when op filling the fiorm and mentioning that op is a tourist and go for tourism but op purpose is only for marriage this op first step is consider in visa fraud which is completely is illegal

let supose for example op get and approve tourist visa and then op go to usa and then marry to a usa citizen so please give me answer what is the basic root and structure to achieve this visa without doing first step op cannot go to america so in that point there is big question mark what about the first step when consular officer ask to op please give me explation and justification why you violating visa filling form term and condition that you mentioning in your form that you are a tourist so this step is consider written stated visa fraud crime which is illegal so in that case bob4ana iam asking you about only first step please give me answer

and what about the second step when op give lie and false statement to consular officer that op purpose is only for tourism this second step is consider in false statement visa fraud crime which is completely iilegal hope you understand this time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

mustafa - please make a venn diagram with yer situations / scenarios, and post back the url for the graphic. Thanks in Advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Geez, Mustafa, you keep stretching this with hypothetical scenarios that introduce fraud into the process, and then make the HUGE jump to the conclusion that marrying with a B2 visa is illegal. By using your logic, I could claim that it's illegal to drive a car in San Francisco because if you intentionally run over a pedestrian then you might go to jail.

Many people have used B2 visas to come to the US and get married. Many were completely honest with the consular officer, and even showed them the wedding invitations and other documents related to the wedding. They got their visas, came to the US and got married, and left before their visas expired. No laws were broken. Getting married in the US while on a B2 visa is NOT illegal.

Where people run into problems is if they stay in the US after the wedding and apply for a green card. It's not legal to use a non-immigrant visa like a B2 if you have the intention of immigrating. Your intention when you enter the US determines whether applying for the green card is illegal. The marriage itself is NOT illegal, but it does make you eligible to apply for a green card while you're still in the US, which MAY be illegal, depending on your INTENTIONS. It is because of the possibility that the marriage may lead to a fraudulent green card application that CO's in many countries will refuse to issue a B2 to someone if they state they are going to get married, and NOT because it's illegal to get married with a B2 visa. If you can convince the CO that you'll leave the US after the wedding and before your I-94 expires, then they'll give you a B2 visa so that you can come to the US and get married.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.