mystic

Attention Egypt Members!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

After about 9 weeks of waiting and my sending several emails and also senator contacting the embassy regarding our case I wrote an email for my husband in which he sent to the embassy from his email account stating that i am here in egypt with him and when i arrived and when i will be leaving, reminding them that he was told that we would be in administrative processing for 2 weeks and it is now 9 and that he really needs an answer as to what is going to happen as his work requires he sign a contract to continue working and if he will be leaving before one year that he cannot sign that contract, however if he is staying he has to sign the contract and he cant do either thing until he knows what is going on. So as a response to this the embassy called my husband today and told him he will have a second interview and to bring his CV(resume). Husband asked when the interview will be and she said i will call you next week... didnt say when the interview will be lol so we dont know if its next week or when.

Now the question is.... has anyone here had to do a second interview? If so how soon after they called was the interview? Any info on this will be appreciated thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am trying to get an idea of will the interview be next week or will it be next month or what to know if i will still be in egypt to be able to attend with him

hi mystic congrulation for your husband 2nd interview the best answer is your question is you can immediately email embassy and tell him that you here in egypt with your husband for example 2 week or month will you please tell me when i except and when you schedule my husband interview

in my opnion it will schedule after 2 or 3 week inshallaha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After about 9 weeks of waiting and my sending several emails and also senator contacting the embassy regarding our case I wrote an email for my husband in which he sent to the embassy from his email account stating that i am here in egypt with him and when i arrived and when i will be leaving, reminding them that he was told that we would be in administrative processing for 2 weeks and it is now 9 and that he really needs an answer as to what is going to happen as his work requires he sign a contract to continue working and if he will be leaving before one year that he cannot sign that contract, however if he is staying he has to sign the contract and he cant do either thing until he knows what is going on. So as a response to this the embassy called my husband today and told him he will have a second interview and to bring his CV(resume). Husband asked when the interview will be and she said i will call you next week... didnt say when the interview will be lol so we dont know if its next week or when.

Now the question is.... has anyone here had to do a second interview? If so how soon after they called was the interview? Any info on this will be appreciated thank you

I had my second interview on Sept 27 ,2009 .It was about 11 days after they called me and after they sent an Email to my fiancee's congressman to tell her about my second interview date .

If you will attend the interview with your hubby you both have to get ready as much as you can .cause maybe its going to be a long interview and a lot of questions .

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I had my second interview on Sept 27 ,2009 .It was about 11 days after they called me and after they sent an Email to my fiancee's congressman to tell her about my second interview date .

If you will attend the interview with your hubby you both have to get ready as much as you can .cause maybe its going to be a long interview and a lot of questions .

Good luck and my best wishes for ya .

Well I leave may 5th so i dont know if i will attend or not, we are hoping it will be before i leave so that i can attend to clear any questions about me that they have. She called on Wednesday to say that he will have a second interview but when he asked when it will be she just said she will call next week and to bring his cv with him,, he told her she already has it 2 times but she said bring it... thats all we know, no emails or anything so far

Hoping your process will speed up for you and you will soon have your answer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I leave may 5th so i dont know if i will attend or not, we are hoping it will be before i leave so that i can attend to clear any questions about me that they have. She called on Wednesday to say that he will have a second interview but when he asked when it will be she just said she will call next week and to bring his cv with him,, he told her she already has it 2 times but she said bring it... thats all we know, no emails or anything so far

Hoping your process will speed up for you and you will soon have your answer

I would definitely send them an email and tell them that you are there in Egypt with your husband now and ask them if it is possible for them to schedule the interview so you can attend with him.

Did you husband get the name of the person who called him? Definitely include that in the email. Or perhaps give them a call and you talk with them on the phone! Push the issue to get the interview so you can attend too!

I was there for my husband's interview and they mostly questioned me during the whole time!

Good Luck!!good.gif

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

I would definitely send them an email and tell them that you are there in Egypt with your husband now and ask them if it is possible for them to schedule the interview so you can attend with him.

Did you husband get the name of the person who called him? Definitely include that in the email. Or perhaps give them a call and you talk with them on the phone! Push the issue to get the interview so you can attend too!

I was there for my husband's interview and they mostly questioned me during the whole time!

Good Luck!!good.gif

Hi, I had told them before i came that i would be here, also emailed them after i arrived and informed them i was here, then it was also mentioned in the email my husband sent 2 days before they called and said he will be having a second interview. The lady didnt tell him her name only that she was calling from the American Embassy regarding our case and such and such.. then on thursday we got an email from them stating that their records show that he was recently contacted by a staff member telling him to bring his updated cv to his second interview.. again, no date given. He or rather I, emailed back from his account and thanked them for the reply and asked them to please inform of the interview date to be sure we do not miss it..... We did call before and were told very directly by the person that absolutely NO information will be given over the phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I had told them before i came that i would be here, also emailed them after i arrived and informed them i was here, then it was also mentioned in the email my husband sent 2 days before they called and said he will be having a second interview. The lady didnt tell him her name only that she was calling from the American Embassy regarding our case and such and such.. then on thursday we got an email from them stating that their records show that he was recently contacted by a staff member telling him to bring his updated cv to his second interview.. again, no date given. He or rather I, emailed back from his account and thanked them for the reply and asked them to please inform of the interview date to be sure we do not miss it..... We did call before and were told very directly by the person that absolutely NO information will be given over the phone.

hi mystic do worry wait for 5 to 7 working days inshallaha iam sure they will inform you about your husband interview

Timeline

hi mystic do worry wait for 5 to 7 working days inshallaha iam sure they will inform you about your husband interview

Yes, just hoping and praying that the interview is while i am here as i am sure they actually have more questions for me than they do for him lol and i can explain or answer things about my past better than he can of course

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, just hoping and praying that the interview is while i am here as i am sure they actually have more questions for me than they do for him lol and i can explain or answer things about my past better than he can of course

hi , second intrview is normaly good because they issue the visa soon and you did not wait long for second intrview becaose people here wait for 6 month bfore the embasy ask for second one. any new news? we all pray 4 u

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.