sweetpink

APRIL I-751 Filers

707 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello All,

It has been a long time since I have been on here. I wanted to ask if I could be added to the April list. We sent our I751 package on April 2nd it was received on April 5th and we got our NOA (12month extension) today April 9th. Does anyone know how long this part usually takes? Also here is a list of what we sent to USCIS:

Hi 12/11/2006,

When is the Receipt number on your NOA? You need this for the listsmile.gif

And since you are VSC filer, it takes 3 to 4 months (or little bit more) to get approved.

You can refer to previous months filers listssmile.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi 12/11/2006,

When is the Receipt number on your NOA? You need this for the listsmile.gif

And since you are VSC filer, it takes 3 to 4 months (or little bit more) to get approved.

You can refer to previous months filers listssmile.gif

I'm sorry but I do not understand when you say "when is the receipt number"? Can you please explain. The Receipt date is 4/5/10 if that is what you are referring to

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Timeline

I'm sorry but I do not understand when you say "when is the receipt number"? Can you please explain. The Receipt date is 4/5/10 if that is what you are referring to

Sorry, my bad...blush.gif Yes, I meant Receipt Datetongue.gif

Timeline

Adding 12/11/2006 to VSC listsmile.gif

California Service Center (2 applicants)

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

SWEET10............04/05/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

BOBWINDY...........04/06/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

Vermont Service Center (5 applicants)

VJName.............Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

12/11/2006.........04/02/10..........04/05/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

SWEETPINK..........04/06/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

SHAWNA7............04/07/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/1-........--/--/10....

KITTYBEAR .........04/07/10..........--/--/10 ......--/--/1- .......--/--/10....

STARLAROSE.........04/09/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/1-........--/--/10....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly*

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

Hello guys,

We will be sending our packet on the 19th of April. I, like a couple of you guys, received the letter reminding us to remove condition. I was not expecting that at all, 'cause many of the people I 've talked to don't receive it. Oh well, we just need to sign and date that form and off to the post office :)

According to their procedures, they need to send a reminder prior to the 90-day anniversary. I'm not sure if they didn't do that in the past, but now they are doing it. Also, we sent our package early and it was sent back to us. We had to wait to resend it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

According to their procedures, they need to send a reminder prior to the 90-day anniversary. I'm not sure if they didn't do that in the past, but now they are doing it. Also, we sent our package early and it was sent back to us. We had to wait to resend it.

I am sorry for asking...but "...according to their procedures..." ??? where you actually read those procedures? is in the web site? USCIS? because on our interview the officer was very clear that "please pay attention: you are NOT going to receive any reminder"

we haven't received any .

we sent our on april 05th (MONDAY THIS WEEK) and today (FRIDAY - april 09th) we received the NOA1 and extension for a year on the mail...(just on my name: the petitioner)

As I see they randomly send to some people... :)

Removing Conditions - I-751

Joint I-751 Sent- 04/02/10

Received at CSC - 04/05/10

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

NOA & extension received - 04/09/10 (dated 04/05/10)

Biometrics done - 05/18/10

Card Production Ordered - 06/24/10

Approval letter received - 06/30/10

New green card received - 07/06/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Interview letter-05/28/11

Interview date - 06/30/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Timeline

we sent our on april 05th (MONDAY THIS WEEK) and today (FRIDAY - april 09th) we received the NOA1 and extension for a year on the mail...(just on my name: the petitioner)

Hi Sweet10,

When is the Receipt Date on your NOA? You need it for the listsmile.gif

I am sorry for asking...but "...according to their procedures..." ??? where you actually read those procedures? is in the web site? USCIS? because on our interview the officer was very clear that "please pay attention: you are NOT going to receive any reminder"

we haven't received any .

As I see they randomly send to some people... :)

They had a manual available at the USCIS at one point in time. It's a very large document and I read some sections pertatining to removing conditions. I'm not sure if it's still available. You can try to find it. Anyway, I had saved some sections, and here it goes:

"(b) Notification Requirements .

The Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 require that a conditional permanent resident be notified of his or her obligations under the law at specified points:

• At the time an alien acquires conditional permanent residence through admission to the U.S. with an immigrant visa or adjustment of status under section 245 of the Act, the Service shall notify the alien of the conditional basis of the alien's status. The Service will notify the alien of the requirements for removal of the conditions within the ninety days immediately preceding the second anniversary of the date the alien was granted status, and will inform the alien that failure to apply for removal of the conditions will result in automatic termination of the alien's lawful status in the U.S. This notification is done (either verbally or in writing) by the inspector or adjudicator who admits or adjusts the alien to conditional resident status .

• Approximately 90 days before the second anniversary of the date on which the alien obtained conditional permanent residence, the Service must (attempt to) notify the alien a second time of the requirement that the alien and petitioning spouse must file a petition to remove the conditional basis of the alien's lawful permanent residence. The notification will be mailed to the alien's last known address. However, failure on the part of the Service to provide notification (which can occur, for example, if the alien fails to notify the Service of a change of address) does not relieve the alien and the petitioning spouse of the requirement to file a joint petition within 90 days preceding the second anniversary date of the alien's conditional status. This notification is done on an automated basis by the Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments System. "

We were already preparing our package when we received the reminder that we needed to file within 90 days of the second anniversary. Maybe they attempted to contact you, and were not successful. We didn't move so it was the same address on file. Not sure if that was the case with you. In any case, you already know that you needed to file 90 days before the 2nd anniversary. Receiving or not receiving the reminder wouldn't affect your case. It's still our responsibility to file the I-751 as we were told during the interview or in the approval letter we received when the I-485 was approved.

Edited by Eli09

Timeline

They had a manual available at the USCIS at one point in time. It's a very large document and I read some sections pertatining to removing conditions. I'm not sure if it's still available. You can try to find it. Anyway, I had saved some sections, and here it goes:

"(b) Notification Requirements .

The Marriage Fraud Amendments of 1986 require that a conditional permanent resident be notified of his or her obligations under the law at specified points:

• At the time an alien acquires conditional permanent residence through admission to the U.S. with an immigrant visa or adjustment of status under section 245 of the Act, the Service shall notify the alien of the conditional basis of the alien's status. The Service will notify the alien of the requirements for removal of the conditions within the ninety days immediately preceding the second anniversary of the date the alien was granted status, and will inform the alien that failure to apply for removal of the conditions will result in automatic termination of the alien's lawful status in the U.S. This notification is done (either verbally or in writing) by the inspector or adjudicator who admits or adjusts the alien to conditional resident status .

• Approximately 90 days before the second anniversary of the date on which the alien obtained conditional permanent residence, the Service must (attempt to) notify the alien a second time of the requirement that the alien and petitioning spouse must file a petition to remove the conditional basis of the alien's lawful permanent residence. The notification will be mailed to the alien's last known address. However, failure on the part of the Service to provide notification (which can occur, for example, if the alien fails to notify the Service of a change of address) does not relieve the alien and the petitioning spouse of the requirement to file a joint petition within 90 days preceding the second anniversary date of the alien's conditional status. This notification is done on an automated basis by the Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments System. "

We were already preparing our package when we received the reminder that we needed to file within 90 days of the second anniversary. Maybe they attempted to contact you, and were not successful. We didn't move so it was the same address on file. Not sure if that was the case with you. In any case, you already know that you needed to file 90 days before the 2nd anniversary. Receiving or not receiving the reminder wouldn't affect your case. It's still our responsibility to file the I-751 as we were told during the interview or in the approval letter we received when the I-485 was approved.

That is controversial....

Why the immigration officer who approved our interview would advised us that "you are not going to receive any other reminders..." I believe they might send some people and not others...well, actualLy it is not really important since we did mail our package on the first day of the 90 day window and already received the 1 year extension letter...I was just curious.

thank you

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Timeline

Hi Sweet10,

I'll ask you again.

Timeline

Hi Sweet10,

I'll ask you again.

Sorry!

the receipt date is April 05th/2010.

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

updating sweet10 NOA1 date.

California Service Center (2 applicants)

SWEET10............04/05/10..........04/05/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

BOBWINDY...........04/06/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

Vermont Service Center (5 applicants)

12/11/2006.........04/02/10..........04/05/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

SWEETPINK..........04/06/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/10........--/--/10....

SHAWNA7............04/07/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/1-........--/--/10....

KITTYBEAR .........04/07/10..........--/--/10 ......--/--/1- .......--/--/10....

STARLAROSE.........04/09/10..........--/--/10.......--/--/1-........--/--/10....

IMPORTANT!

* Make sure that your VJ Text Editor setting is set to Rich Text Editor.

* Go to the MOST RECENTLY POSTED VERSION of this list (go to the last post and scroll UP) and "Reply" to it, deleting the "quote" tags in your reply.

* Please DO NOT change the font, font size, add colors, stuff like that.

* Please PREVIEW before posting to make sure it is properly formatted.

* Please check that you have not deleted anyones NAME & DATA.

Date of I-751 = The Date you sent your application

NOA Date = The Receipt Date on your original NOA letter

Biometrics = The Date of your biometrics appointment

Approved = The Date your case was approved

* Please Capitalize your VJ Name when adding it to the list

* When you're on this list, please come back to update your information accordingly*

* If you cannot add your information yourself, please ask another VJ member to help you do so.

N-400
05/30/2013 Sent N-400 package to AZ lockbox via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation
06/14/2013 Biometrics letter received
06/17/2013 Early Biometrics

06/19/2013 In line for interview
08/08/2013 Scheduled for interview
08/13/2013 Received interview letter
09/16/2013 Interview (Passed)

10/25/2013 Scheduled for oath

10/29/2013 Received oath letter

11/15/2013 Oath

ROC Process I-751
1/12/2010 Sent I-751 package to CSC via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation
1/25/2010 Received NOA1
2/04/2010 Received Biometrics Letter
3/29/2010 Approved. Card Production ordered.
4/03/2010 Card Received! (Total: 81 days)

Has anyone filed for ROC and included a stepchild? I'm trying to figure out the process for my stepchild. As soon as I get that figured out I'll be sending in the paperwork.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline

thank u for adding me in the list..i have one more question, how can you check online about my status? and where to go? can anyone send me the link. thanks

You can sign-up for Case Updates on USCIS website here https://egov.uscis.g...-D5_CRd5ECaSYFs

But you can NOT check your status with the receipt number on your NOA.

You need to wait for your biometrics appointment letter and you can check your status with the Application Number on your bio lettersmile.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.