Curelover32

What happens if...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

My present wife, married in 06/2006, entered the US from Mexico EWI in 06/2004. But before she entered sucessfully, she was caught one week prior. She was fingerprinted and photographed and released in a town in Mexico. She tells me she gave a false name when she was caught. When we do the FBI fingerprint check, what are the chances this will show up. If it does show up, how does it effect the I-130 process. Please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you will need to discuss this with an immigration attorney.

I believe there is a really good chance that the fingerprints will show up. And if they show up with a different name, things will be even worse.

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

I read in another forum about someone who had a similar problem. Apparently he was denied hs visa for identity theft.

I would suggest you ask an attorney for some advice...

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Actually ....

I think recently there was a similar case here in the US, where the woman was adjusting status after marrying his USC spouse. She had been living here for over 10 years, had kids and everything, and got deported.

I would definitely seek for a lawyer. ASAP.

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Timeline

Sorry .... I was trying to edit... but my comp froze...

This is the case, is not exactly the same... but it has to do with claiming a false identity... give it a read...

Myrna #######

I wouldnt wait... it's a big deal... contact your lawyer..

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would definitly seek legal council asap.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
My present wife, married in 06/2006, entered the US from Mexico EWI in 06/2004. But before she entered sucessfully, she was caught one week prior. She was fingerprinted and photographed and released in a town in Mexico. She tells me she gave a false name when she was caught. When we do the FBI fingerprint check, what are the chances this will show up. If it does show up, how does it effect the I-130 process. Please help.

This is not identity theft or misrepresentation. Those are completely different situations when someone uses false documents and claims to be a USC in order to gain entry. In those cases of clear misrepresentation, there is no waiver or relief available.

Her situation was most likely "catch and release". While they took her fingerprints and photograph, there is still a chance that they will not show up on the fingerprint request. The fact that she gave someone else's name does not come into play here - she wasn't claiming to be a USC in order to gain entry.

Regardless, illegal entry will not affect approval of her initial I-130 petition. However, her illegal presence of over 180 days in the US (under 180 days doesn't even have a ban) will require her to submit a 601 waiver and for you to prove extreme hardship to you, the USC, if her visa is denied and you, as a result, have to relocate permanently to Mexico. Since you've already found the right forum on I2us, you'll get all the help you need there. Good Luck.

Timeline

Her fingerprints were taken...

She used a false name...

As I said before... its not the same case, but it's a clear view of the consequences... I would not risk it.

Timeline
Her fingerprints were taken...

She used a false name...

As I said before... its not the same case, but it's a clear view of the consequences... I would not risk it.

You lost me - risk what? When you send a fingerprint request to the FBI they respond by telling you what is on your record. At the Mexican border they often take fingerprints and do nothing with them. But even if they show up, it does not affect the possibility of entering the country legally down the road. That's because illegal entry, in and of itself, does not result in a ban. Neither does illegal presence of under months. Strange, but true. In his wife's case, she will require a waiver to overcome her illegal presence of over 1 year in the country - this carries a 10 year ban. But the fact that they have her fingerprints will not affect her - it simply proves that was caught attempting to enter the country. Giving a false name does not result in a ban. Giving a false name of a USC coupled with claiming to be that USC - that results in a lifetime ban.

But I agree that consulting a lawyer is a smart idea.

Sorry to ask, but how do you know that they do nothing with the fingerprints they take in cases like this?

And if it's true that they don't do anything with them, then why would they take the time to do it in the first place?

As I said before, I read in another forum a similar case, and the guy was denied at interview.

Edited by Anyta Holland

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
Sorry to ask, but how do you know that they do nothing with the fingerprints they take in cases like this?

And if it's true that they don't do anything with them, then why would they take the time to do it in the first place?

As I said before, I read in another forum a similar case, and the guy was denied at interview.

There have been many many cases of people on Immigrate 2 US in this exact situation - someone entered illegally and had their fingerprints taken but they did not appear on the FBI request. Not sure why they don't show up but that's why I said they sometimes don't do anything with them -- otherwise, they would appear.

I assume they take the time to do it in the first place because their either intend to submit them to the FBI or it's a scare tactic in their constant effort to stop people from crossing the border illegally in the first place.

That being said, as I indicated, she will be denied at the interview based on her illegal presence in the country of more than 180 days. So she needs to be prepared for the denial with a 601 waiver as well as her husband needs to prove extreme hardship with a hardship letter and evidence in order for the waiver to be approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.