had

got shocked and need help

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please use English only in the immigration forums.

Sorry Kahryn41 , I just want him to understand me very well cause my english too bad.headbonk.gif

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

Filed: Other Timeline

The reason why you've been picked is clear: your wife petitioned another immigrant before you, also by marrying him. Repeat customers get a special treatment, and thus they used the shock tactic to get your wife to "break down." If that didn't work, you should be approved. I would wait for the official result before calling a lawyer.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The reason why you've been picked is clear: your wife petitioned another immigrant before you, also by marrying him. Repeat customers get a special treatment, and thus they used the shock tactic to get your wife to "break down." If that didn't work, you should be approved. I would wait for the official result before calling a lawyer.

That would make a lot of sense in addition to them not knowing the answers to some pretty easy, basic questions during the interview.

But has it been established that the wife actually petitioned for her first husband? The OP only stated that he was in the US already.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

That would make a lot of sense in addition to them not knowing the answers to some pretty easy, basic questions during the interview.

But has it been established that the wife actually petitioned for her first husband? The OP only stated that he was in the US already.

hi everybody

first, i want to thank you guys for all the answers you provide me with and i apprecite it...really some of you open my eyes to some things...just i want to add here: i read that ""The examiner generally does not rely on one or two factors alone. Instead, they review all of the facts of the situation together to reach a judgment whether they believe that the couple share a joint life"". this makes me feel a liitle confident ...coz as i mentioned me and my wife we are making home and our marriage is true thanks to teh documents we provided...what do u think guys??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It might be irrelevant what we think but he has been asking for our opinion.

OP, I would agree with that statement. I want to think that an examiner would look at the whole evidence that was provided plus the impression a couple makes at the interview plus what answers they give.

However, those people are human so it is pretty much impossible to make valid assumptions or predictions about based on what they make their decisions.

For now I'd say to prepare for next steps in case you get bad news but don't drive yourself nuts until you get a decision.

Good luck!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

hi everybody

After having the interview to remove the conditional residence ,I want to know how long it takes them to answer you back and thus know about the decision?

THANKS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi everybody

After having the interview to remove the conditional residence ,I want to know how long it takes them to answer you back and thus know about the decision?

THANKS

Your situation is slightly different. The IO had some problems with your marriage so I will assume it will take a little longer. Maybe the IO wants to consult with a boss for a final decision. People don't typically get interviewd for I-751 so it won't be easy to give you a timeline but I will go on a limb and say you should hear something in about 90 days at worst because of your situation. Ofcourse it will be better to hear from them sooner. Good luck and keep us updated.

Edited by w8inglongtime

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

salamo alykom brother, i think you will get the card at the end. Like they told you here, they may just did that with your wife to scear her and see her reaction. I know what happend,happend and there is no need to regret, but the matter of forgetting your mother in law's name was a huge red flag i think, if your wife forgot your mother's name, that can be ok, because moroccan names or lets say arabic names are sometimes hard for americans to pronounce or rememeber. Anyway like i said you dont have to regret, sometimes we have to go through hard time to get a good ending. I dont think getting a lawyer is a good idea now, you have to wait for the result first. allah yskher lik, bro.

Edited by dolphin1

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not that my thoughts on what you should have done beforehand are helpful since the interview already occured, but I don't understand why you two didn't go over elemental things like your family's names before the interview. My husband has a terrible memory for names and dates and I made damn sure he could remember important dates before his interview (only for K1...we didn't get intervied for his LPR card nor for ROC). I mean, the dude got his own birthday wrong most of the time (what his mother remembered and told him growing up was different from what was on his BC) much less my own. Finally after 11 years together he remembers my birthday...and had I not drilled it into his head for his interview, he probably still wouldn't know it.

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Timeline

Guys are terrible at remembering names and dates, especially under pressure. I remember at our AOS, the AO asked me for our anniversary date. I sorta guessed at the date, checking with the wife to make sure. AO had a hard time not cracking up, saying, "No, I want you to answer these questions on your own!" :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you not ever met any of her family or parents? Has she never met your family or parents? In honesty, I would question it to. Parents names are on the Petitions, paperwork and is something you just know, remember, and want to know who your in-laws are and out of respect. I know my husbands sisters, brothers, parents, friends names..but of course I have met them all and my husband knows my parents and sister and her husbands name. You have got to be prepared when you go to these interviews. According to some VJ member's testimonies...they are even asking when your wife married her ex husband...where did wife go to 'Middle/secondary school'...Things we usually do not discuss or care to discuss in relationships. ...Good luck.

Have you not ever met any of her family or parents? Has she never met your family or parents? In honesty, I would question it to. Parents names are on the Petitions, paperwork and is something you just know, remember, and want to know who your in-laws are and out of respect. I know my husbands sisters, brothers, parents, friends names..but of course I have met them all and my husband knows my parents and sister and her husbands name. You have got to be prepared when you go to these interviews. According to some VJ member's testimonies...they are even asking when your wife married her ex husband...where did wife go to 'Middle/secondary school'...Things we usually do not discuss or care to discuss in relationships. ...Good luck.

my in law's names are very hard to spell. i never bother to remembered their formal names but of course i know their go by names. AO asked me their names during interview... i gave their go by names and was fine.

Aug 2001 - Enter US on B2 visiting visa

July 2002 - Enrolled in school, obtained F1 Visa

Sept 2007 - Married

Nov 2007 - File for GC

Feb 2008 - Interview - approved

Mar 2008 - received 2 year conditional GC.

11/30/2009 - Applied for ROC

12/15/2009 - received NOA, NOA date 12/10/2009

1/15/2010 - FP appointment

1/17/2010 - LUD

4/18/2010 - Previous I765 LUD

Still waiting...

hi everybody...

this is Had i gor the final decision and now i am facing deportation...i m really tired. it was my fault my problem was i had over confidence and thought i d easily remove my condtional residence .i didnt go over anything that s my mistake. now all is over...we got 10 diffrent answers me and my wife i am going in detail about them coz i see its in vain now ...it s late...wanna say one thing regardless of the quesyions me and my wifw failed to answer we really make life and living together and neigbors families and co workers know about ....we talked to a lawyer he siad things are hard now but he can try calling the witnesses who wrote letters.....i dont know what to do i am really tired and sick thinking about this ...is there a hope still ??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.