munchkins

This is ridiculous

7 posts in this topic

I cannot believe this, I just phoned the NVC automated line to be told that a letter had been sent out on the 2nd (another one) :angry: for something that was missing !!!!

When they sent out the first letter over a month ago they were asking for a letter 1722 from the IRS that my daughter had to get and when she spoke to the IRS they told her that the letter in question was obsolete and they sent my daughter an equivalent and also faxed across to her the printout of the taxes that she had paid. (The NVC had told my daughter that the format that she sent to them showing her paid taxes was not acceptable as my daughter pays her taxes on line (this was apparently the reason for the letter 1722)

My daughter went through the I-864 with them and made the necessary amendments to the DS230 as instructed by them and sent everything back overnight. The automated system has since been saying, after sitting on the paperwork for a week ;) that it would take 2-4 weeks to review the checklist and now this :angry:

I spoke to an operator only two days ago and was told that if anything further was missing, our papers would be sent to London and my daughter would be able to send the missing info to me and we would be able to take it to the Embassy with us. So why have they sent a further letter!!!!!

This is really getting to me now, after 11 months we seem no closer and it is now affecting me health wise, what really annoys me is how damned easy it is to get into my country!!!!!

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

OK following on from my first post this is the response I got from the NVC when I phoned at 7.30 am their time:

Apparently the returned checklist which was received on the 17th of July has not yet linked up with our file and therefore the officer who is reviewing the case has not got it !! but it is somewhere in the building :o it just needs linking up with our file.

This I find so hard to understand being an office manager, why is the returned amended paperwork not linked with the file as soon as it has been received and signed for at the NVC, seems logical to me ;)

Anyway, as normal, the operator whom I spoke to was so very helpful and said that the second letter that has been sent to my daughter was just asking for the financial amendments (that had already been requested and returned :whistle: ) but because the said paper had not been linked to our file, it looks like it has not been received :whistle: Crazy sytem if you ask me,even though I know they have a massive volume of paperwork.

Oh well, will see what the next few days brings :whistle:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Whatever IRS mails our/fax should be acceptable by NVC. Now, they also accept the non IRS photocopy of tax return along with W-2. IRS also told me they no longer have the letter 1722, but after few days, they said it was available. So they sent me the letter 1722 also. I hope, things go fast for you.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow Val sorry to hear of this latest developement. I will say that not to worry too much at this time since the automated system and the operators are not on the same page all the time. I called when I sent our I I-864 paperwork to them and the system said missing or incomplete documents. I panicked and called them to talk to a live operator whom laughed out loud and said you cannot have missing documents since they had not sent the paperwork in question to me to forward to my husband at the time. And the missing document that was the DS-230 that had to be sent to Pakistan and then returned to NVC after he signed it. LOL

That may be what is happening in your case. So take a deep breath and hopefully all of this will be finalized soon. HUGS to you.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hang in there Val. Great to hear it didnt turn out to be missing something as you were first told. You are so close now and I know how frustrating it can be waiting for that final 'case complete'.

*hugs*

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeh I agree Val this is absolutely ridiculous - I'm so sorry things are taking so long. It is so frustrating you must feel like taking a plane and charging into the NVC to search for your paperwork and teach them how to organise themselves :angry:

Try not to let this get you down - you're so close now. It will happen and before you know it you'll be making that trip to London - so don't despair - hang in there. We're all routing for you ;):thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.