timenagain

ROC applcation - Do they really want the Affidavits?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am compiling my ROC requirements and planned to submit this week. Just re-read the Evidence of Relationship documents details and just figured out any person we will ask for this affidavit will really have to spend some time to write about us, plus if it's really required that affidavit be notarized then they will need more time to accomplish our request for affidavit from them... Does USCIS really require the affidavit? Has anyone got an RFE by not submitting any sworn affidavit? I have another question - does the affidavit need to be NOTARIZED?

Thanks so much...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am compiling my ROC requirements and planned to submit this week. Just re-read the Evidence of Relationship documents details and just figured out any person we will ask for this affidavit will really have to spend some time to write about us, plus if it's really required that affidavit be notarized then they will need more time to accomplish our request for affidavit from them... Does USCIS really require the affidavit? Has anyone got an RFE by not submitting any sworn affidavit? I have another question - does the affidavit need to be NOTARIZED?

Thanks so much...

Read the instructions carefully. Affidavits are only an example, not a requirement. However, if you opt to include them, they must be notarized (otherwise you can write 100 letters by yourself and pretend they're from other people)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Read the instructions carefully. Affidavits are only an example, not a requirement. However, if you opt to include them, they must be notarized (otherwise you can write 100 letters by yourself and pretend they're from other people)

They can also be "affirmed" - no need for notarization.

Sworn = "notarized" by a Public Notary

Affirmed = "statement stating that you affirm the letter/statement to be true"

They also need to contain particular information about the one providing the affidavit, so I doubt people would risk misrepresentation by faking them, as they would be to easy to check up on.

Of course the affidavits have to be supported by the other evidence provided for the relationship.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much...

The only things that are a requirement for the I-751 are the application and fee. the list is just to guide you to collect things that are relevant in showing co-mingling. No one can force you to open a credit card account or have a child and use it as proof. Whatever you think will convince uscis of your marriage being legit is what you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey OP did you submit your package with or without affidavits?

I don't think I'll bother with including any affidavits in my application. I have plenty of other evidence to send in (mortgage documents, house deed, car titles, joint bank accounts and credit cards, joint tax returns, joint insurance, etc) which hold much more weight.

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a letter from each of my neighbors on the right and left of me that simply stated that I married my wife and have been living together for the past 2 years. No notary! Just a line of, " I swear that this is the truth!" Took four months to the day from the day I mailed the I-751 to approval. No problems. Course, had other stuff also.My list from my cover letter:

Enclosed, also please find the following documents in support of this petition. We have not included a lease or rental agreement. Nor, have we included a joint mortgage document, as I purchased our current home long ago. And, there is no mortgage on our house.

· Check in the amount of $545.00

· I-751, with attachment to explain Part 3, number 7

· 2 passport style photos for, my wife, .................

· Copies of passport and Permanent Resident Card of ........................

· Marriage License of .............. and ................

· IRS copy of Joint Tax Return of ............. and ......... ................ for year 2008

· Copies of ............................: Bank statement, check order receipt and

debit cards in both our names

· Copies of AMAZON credit cards with Chase Bank in both our names

· Copies of Military Retired ID card for ................ ..............., and Dependent ID card for .................. ..............., as

an official spouse, eligible for military and medical care

· Copy of a Tricare benefits explanation showing that ................ ............... is listed as a beneficiary of

retired Army member, .................. .............

· Copies of BCBS Medical Dental Insurance cards showing both our names

· Copy of Veterans Life Insurance designation showing wife as primary beneficiary

· Water, Power and Gas Utility bills

· Copy of AT&T online account, showing both our cell phones listed on the same account

· Copies of .................. and .................... ..................’s Driver Licenses

· Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen neighbors, attesting to our relationship and marriage

· Multiple photographs showing us together and with members of my family through various

holidays and vacations since the time of our marriage. There are many more!

Shirley n Jim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.