Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

I called today as well, at around 3pm and spoke to a gentleman who seemed really annoyed.. I guess because everyone else called as well! No interview date :(

Kate and I have already planned a lot of things for our wedding on Sept 25th, so as long as we get an interview date before then, everything's good! This wait is really starting to stress us out though.. 4 months since we've seen each other. I've been losing myself in work, I guess that's how I cope, but how is everyone handling it?

J & J, I'm interested to hear how your medical went, as I'll be doing mine in Toronto too :)

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was reading over the postings from last year's MTL waiting for interview thread. In May of last year interviews were scheduled for July with only 4 weeks notice to the applicants. So even though we are waiting a few days longer...lets not give up hope for July interview dates. Still lots of time for it to happen! Also last year at this time it seems the interview dates were being near to the last week of the month. This year's trend (over the past 2 months) has been middle of the month. So really, who bloody knows, its a freakin' ####### shoot as to when we'll find out our interview dates. All would point to the hopeful fact that we can hope for July dates, and may only have a few weeks notice as to these dates....perhaps. I don't know I'm just trying to put together some VJ statistics from previous years hahaha :bonk:

In any case if one of us doesn't hear something back soon well.........

:angry: :angry: :angry::protest: :protest: :ranting: :ranting: :protest::clock: :clock: :cry::girlwerewolf2xn: :girlwerewolf2xn: :diablo: :diablo: :protest: :protest: :ranting::girlwerewolf2xn:

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

I called today as well, at around 3pm and spoke to a gentleman who seemed really annoyed.. I guess because everyone else called as well! No interview date :(

Kate and I have already planned a lot of things for our wedding on Sept 25th, so as long as we get an interview date before then, everything's good! This wait is really starting to stress us out though.. 4 months since we've seen each other. I've been losing myself in work, I guess that's how I cope, but how is everyone handling it?

J & J, I'm interested to hear how your medical went, as I'll be doing mine in Toronto too :)

We know how you guys feel, for me it's almost been five months.. A verrrrrry long stressful five months. So i'm very excited, because i'll be seeing my Josh in 10 days :) I think this is the longest we have ever been apart, but we are trying to save money and he's working crazy 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, so you gotta do what ya gotta do. I just keep on thinking to myself once we are approved, we will be able to spend the rest of our days together and I so can't wait until that time comes, we have been waiting a long time for this day to come. I just can't wait for when they say APPROVED at the interview, it will be like a weight has lifted off both of us. Knowing me i'll probably start crying and jumping up and down..lol Best way to handle it is to keep positive and keep busy so your mind can't wonder to much..lol I do a lot of walking on my spare time, but lately I've been making a lot of crafts for our party we are having when Josh and his family are here. My family is having a big party for us, kind of a celebration before the big wedding in Texas, for all those who won't be able to make it to Texas. I'm very excited about it.. Once we get a interview date, I pray to god we get a Approval.. Apparently our families are running out of patients. hehe As are we, we are planning on having our Texas wedding in late Aug. or beginning of Sept. Cross our fingers!

Here is the link to my review:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/257120-medical-review-in-toronto/

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Wishing,

Thank you so much for looking that up for us! Hopefully we'll hear about our interview dates before June 15th!

I have a problem with not being able to control things. I'm not a control freak per say, but if things are out of my hands, it drives me nuts (I guess that is the definition of a control freak...) So this whole process is awful in that way, because sometimes I feel like I could plan everything perfectly and do my best to gather everything I need, and still, we don't know until we are at the interview if we'll be approved or not...

Yeah, being apart sucks big time, visits are good, but then there's the goodbyes and that's no fun... And then the return to reality which in my case was hard...

But anyways, I'm trying to stay positive even though I feel like I'm being such a big baby with Chris on the phone...

Will anyone be calling today???

Ken and Kate: you might have gotten the REALLY nice guy I got about a week ago! Talk about being tired of his job!

Anyways, have a good day guys, and I gotta tell you, if it weren't for all of you and your support, I would've have gone insane by now!

Cheers!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Agreed! I am calling today...later this PM...

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Today was the last May K-1 interview so maybe the person handling K-1's will have more time for processing the paperwork for you guys. Today or tomorrow has promise for interview dates.

Yeah right the last may interviews were on may 20th... So i guess i'm the next one!!! OMGGG...! In 12 days i have my interview!

I never feel anything happening except for the visa stuff, i felt my NOA2 coming the day before i got it, i felt my interview date coming during the week i got it, and i also feel some interview dates for this week!!! I hope i guess right hihi :blush:

B confident, your turn is coming, if it's not this week it's DEFINITLY next week, can't be later than that!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Today was the last May K-1 interview so maybe the person handling K-1's will have more time for processing the paperwork for you guys. Today or tomorrow has promise for interview dates.

HA! Well how 'bout that! Didn't think about it that way! Makes a lot of sense! Thanks for popping in!

Yeah people! Let's knock on wood for tomorrow!!!

BTW: Do you guys think DOS / the embassy will be open on Monday?

Thanks AandB for the words of 'encouragement'! Gosh you must be excited as hell! 10 days to go!!!

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Yeah right the last may interviews were on may 20th... So i guess i'm the next one!!! OMGGG...! In 12 days i have my interview!

I never feel anything happening except for the visa stuff, i felt my NOA2 coming the day before i got it, i felt my interview date coming during the week i got it, and i also feel some interview dates for this week!!! I hope i guess right hihi :blush:

I also AandB have a feeling like this is the week for interview dates. Ever since the beginning of the week I've believed it. See what today and tomorrow brings.... :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

HA! Well how 'bout that! Didn't think about it that way! Makes a lot of sense! Thanks for popping in!

Yeah people! Let's knock on wood for tomorrow!!!

BTW: Do you guys think DOS / the embassy will be open on Monday?

Thanks AandB for the words of 'encouragement'! Gosh you must be excited as hell! 10 days to go!!!

I believe embassies close for all U.S. and country of location holidays so I think the Embassy in Montreal will be closed for Victoria Day and Memorial Day.

Timeline

And I'm knocking on wood so I don't jinx this...

WOOHOO! Just called, and we've been logged! Couldn't tell me when, just that it happened - I called last on Tuesday round noon so sometime between then and now.

Perhaps this is a sign of good things to come for those of you waiting to hear about interviews - maybe they're going to cram them all in before the long weekend so they can relax... :) Fingers crossed for y'all.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Timeline

Wishing,

Thank you so much for looking that up for us! Hopefully we'll hear about our interview dates before June 15th!

I have a problem with not being able to control things. I'm not a control freak per say, but if things are out of my hands, it drives me nuts (I guess that is the definition of a control freak...) So this whole process is awful in that way, because sometimes I feel like I could plan everything perfectly and do my best to gather everything I need, and still, we don't know until we are at the interview if we'll be approved or not...

Yeah, being apart sucks big time, visits are good, but then there's the goodbyes and that's no fun... And then the return to reality which in my case was hard...

But anyways, I'm trying to stay positive even though I feel like I'm being such a big baby with Chris on the phone...

Will anyone be calling today???

Ken and Kate: you might have gotten the REALLY nice guy I got about a week ago! Talk about being tired of his job!

Anyways, have a good day guys, and I gotta tell you, if it weren't for all of you and your support, I would've have gone insane by now!

Cheers!

Thanks VeroandChris!

Oh my, yes I am also a control freak I will stand up and claim it. :girlwerewolf2xn:

The immigration process I find is just the worst because you really have no control, and its the worst example of bureaucratic inefficiency there is in my opinion. :diablo::protest: I mean governments and immigration processes are slow as it is but without having VJ to vent and be able to have some sort of idea what's going on, well I really can't imagine this process without VJ!!!

Edited by Wishing

Timeline

Alrighty...just made my call...received all forms...no interview date scheduled yet. :crying: Operator was nice, told me that it seems that all June spots are filled for MTL, likely...and that July maybe. Also said that usually they don't book interview for the month until 2 weeks before the start of the month. But really, we know that's not true with previous people's experiences, so who knows. Back to waiting....still hoping for tomorrow!!!

Edited by Wishing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.