REF mailing question. help!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I received a pink REF notice from

US Department of Homeland Security

P.O. box 648004

Lees Summit, M0

So I mailed REF overnight via USPS to this address (last night).

Today it was delivered: Your item was delivered at 6:11 PM on April 1, 2010 in LEES SUMMIT, MO 64081 to HOMELAND SECURITY . The item was signed for by M SIEVERS.

Question: why delivery zip cod doesn’t match? I sent it to 64002 and it is delivered at 64081. Why is that? Has my REF gone to a wrong place???

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone!! Need some help form any of you!!

I got the same answer from USPS, I used the "Priority mail service"

I mailed my response to:

US Department of Homeland Security

P.O. box 648004

Lees Summit, M0 64002

2 days after, they sent to me the following:

Delivered LEES SUMMIT MO 64081 08/19/11 4:37pm

As shown, there are different zip codes!

Q: Does the Zip Code 64081 also belongs to Department of Homeland Security? or this zip Code belongs to a unit of USPS at Lee´s Summit where rests my package? What should I do?

If somebody has the same case, please help me!

Thank you guys!

Thank you so much for your answer! It really helps!!

:D

Don't worry; it got to the right place. With certain PO box codes, USPS will take it physically to the DHS building instead of keeping it at the ZIP code in which the post office itself resides.

Remember that DHS is the parent agency of USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.