yassmine2878

61-day RFE delay because of IMBRA??

9 posts in this topic

I just got off the phone with CSC and they told me it take 61 days from the date they received our RFE to finish processing the case! I knew it would take a little bit longer to process because of IMBRA, but we're a 127 days out and CSC is telling me to wait until September! Im so angry Ive got tears welling up :crying: .

Has anyone else gotten this same response from CSC? If so, have you gotten the NOA2 before the 61 days was up? Does anyone know who the director of CSC is and how to contact him? Argggghhhhhh. :help:

Any thoughts/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gabi

That CSC ####### makes no sense at all. Post IMBRA = 61 days? What about the 70 or so approvals we have seen in the last week? All were post IMBRA RFE and less than 30 days.

It will all work out. iceyspots needs an RFE though.. I am cheering for you iceyspots!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There has been massive amounts of misinformation being disseminated by the USCIS and their horribly trained employees. I'm inclined to go with observing the patterns of the already approved RFE's and go with that. It is very difficult for me to believe anything the USCIS says at this point. After I contacted my congresspeople and had an investigation into my case started, I received my RFE but it may have been a coincidence.

It was a slow day all around. Good vibes to everyone here and may we all see our cases move on soon.

A lot of CSC people have gotten their approvals a lot quicker than that. I'm convinced that the people who answer the USCIS customer service phone line have no clue what's really going on. They seem to have scripted responses to any question. I mean they are telling people 61 days as approvals are flying out the door right and left 3 to 4 weeks after RFE receipt.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
There has been massive amounts of misinformation being disseminated by the USCIS and their horribly trained employees. I'm inclined to go with observing the patterns of the already approved RFE's and go with that. It is very difficult for me to believe anything the USCIS says at this point. After I contacted my congresspeople and had an investigation into my case started, I received my RFE but it may have been a coincidence.

It was a slow day all around. Good vibes to everyone here and may we all see our cases move on soon.

Yassmine, Lewis is right. The emails are sent by one guy and he has zero information (not to mention that it sure seems like he doesn't really read the emails). I'm convinced he has canned responses i.e. "please allow 60 days" which he copies and pastes after he reads the first 3 words in the emails. Since they have screwed this up so badly, he probably gets hundreds of emails each day.

So, don't take his word for it and if you get to the point that you really need some help, the best thing you can do is contact your senator - not by emailing - but by going to their website, download the privacy form in the constituent's service section, filling it out along with your case information and then faxing to their office. Call the next day to follow up and find out who is going to be assigned - get direct phone number, and email so you can get in touch with that person.

Good luck.

p.s. icey - please do the same - no sense in wasting time with CSC email about the RFE!!!

Yassmine, Lewis is right. The emails are sent by one guy and he has zero information (not to mention that it sure seems like he doesn't really read the emails). I'm convinced he has canned responses i.e. "please allow 60 days" which he copies and pastes after he reads the first 3 words in the emails. Since they have screwed this up so badly, he probably gets hundreds of emails each day.

So, don't take his word for it and if you get to the point that you really need some help, the best thing you can do is contact your senator - not by emailing - but by going to their website, download the privacy form in the constituent's service section, filling it out along with your case information and then faxing to their office. Call the next day to follow up and find out who is going to be assigned - get direct phone number, and email so you can get in touch with that person.

Good luck.

p.s. icey - please do the same - no sense in wasting time with CSC email about the RFE!!!

Thanks :) I truly appreciate the advice. I was so upset this afternoon when I talked to CSC at work that I cried all the way home. I am so thankful Ive got all you guys here at VJ to help! Ill be contacting my state reps tomorrow morning.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten confirmation that they even received my RFE replies?!? It's been a month since I sent my 1st one back, and there is still no word that they got there. I guess that means any approval I may be getting is still quite a ways off.... :(

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.