lbounds

Questions on Final Paperwork before K1 Interview

8 posts in this topic

I have a few final questions on the paperwork before we go to our interview soon. I tried to put them all here instead of starting too many threads.

Please reply if you have done your interview already and have helpful comments :)

1. For my Letter from Employer, Can I just make a letter with our company letter head that shows my job title, salary, start date etc and put my manager's title and contact info at the bottom ? Or do I need his signature on it also ?

He works in another city and I've only seen him twice.

Is the letter with my employment details good enough ? I will have paycheck stubs and W2's of course.

2. Is it any problem that the company name I work at and the company name on my paychecks are different ? I work through a consulting agency but for a different company on site.

3. Since I filed our I-129F for our K1 I have moved and have a new job. My home address and employer info on my original G-325A is outdated. Do I need to bring a new G-325A with my new correct address and employment info ?

4. On my original I-129F some people suggested that I put for my fiancee's current employment as "homemaker" and put her mom and home address for employer. That is since she has never been employed and just helps her large family daily with housework and care. One of the forms for the interview asks for employment info including a business contact phone number for her. Should I just put the same there with her mom as the employment contact ?

5. Bank Records: Can I just print out the main page of the last 12 months bank records showing total deposits monthly and final balance instead of a signed Bank Letter ? (I'm not sure if my bank will give me a signed letter like that.)

6. What is the National Identification Number (If Applicable) on the Non-Immigrant Visa Form DS-156 ?

Is that like her national ID number from some ID card ?

7. On the DS-157 "Have You made any Specific Travel Arrangments" ?

Should I put we plan to leave on this date (x-x-xx)... but are awaiting visa. Or is it better to put "No" we have not made any travel arragements ?

8. What Paperwork if any does she bring to the CFO Interview ? I heard some CFO session people asking for remittance records and even a CENOMAR or proof of singleness before for the US citizen fiancee. There was a thread a while back on this.

Do we need to prepare to bring anything to her CFO session ?

9. Does anything need to be Notarized anymore ? I thought the I-134 Affidavit of Support needed a Notary but I don't see the space anymore for a Notary Signature and stamp ?

Thanks very much from helpful comments from those that already completed your interview.

Thanks the VJ'ers that helped us along this far :)

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

No replies ? :help: Did I ask too many questions ? :(

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

AOS timeline:

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

ROC Timeline:

event.png

I have a few final questions on the paperwork before we go to our interview soon. I tried to put them all here instead of starting too many threads.

Please reply if you have done your interview already and have helpful comments :)

1. For my Letter from Employer, Can I just make a letter with our company letter head that shows my job title, salary, start date etc and put my manager's title and contact info at the bottom ? Or do I need his signature on it also ?

Is the letter with my employment details good enough ? I will have paycheck stubs and W2's of course.

I'm guessing that your version of the employment letter will do just fine. However, why not play it safe and get your boss to sign it? I believe that the more important documents are your income tax returns (or tax transcripts), your W2's, your paycheck stubs, and your bank statements.

2. Is it any problem that the company name I work at and the company name on my paychecks are different ? I work through a consulting agency but for a different company on site.

I doubt that this will make any difference. However, you will want your fiancée to be aware of this in case they ask her about it during the interview.

3. Since I filed our I-129F for our K1 I have moved and have a new job. My home address and employer info on my original G-325A is outdated. Do I need to bring a new G-325A with my new correct address and employment info ?

It would be a good idea to have your fiancée submit your updated G-325A during her interview. There may be another way to inform USCIS about your updated circumstances, however, I don't know what it is. You could always make an infopass appointment with USCIS and ask them.

4. On my original I-129F some people suggested that I put for my fiancee's current employment as "homemaker" and put her mom and home address for employer. That is since she has never been employed and just helps her large family daily with housework and care. One of the forms for the interview asks for employment info including a business contact phone number for her. Should I just put the same there with her mom as the employment contact ?

In my opinion, they want you to include only paying jobs. But, what the heck...it's worth a try!

5. Bank Records: Can I just print out the main page of the last 12 months bank records showing total deposits monthly and final balance instead of a signed Bank Letter ? (I'm not sure if my bank will give me a signed letter like that.)

This is what I did. They never asked my wife for a bank letter.

6. What is the National Identification Number (If Applicable) on the Non-Immigrant Visa Form DS-156 ?

I don't know. My wife (then-fiancée) filled out her DS-156. I'll ask my wife about this one and will try to get back to you tonight.

Should I put we plan to leave on this date (x-x-xx)... but are awaiting visa. Or is it better to put "No" we have not made any travel arragements ?

I don't know about this one either, as my wife filled out her DS-157. I'll have to get back to you on this one too, but I'm leaning toward your first idea...you are waiting for your visa.

8. What Paperwork if any does she bring to the CFO Interview ? I heard some CFO session people asking for remittance records and even a CENOMAR or proof of singleness before for the US citizen fiancee. There was a thread a while back on this.

Maybe some of our malambing Pinay VJers will chime in on this one.

9. Does anything need to be Notarized anymore ? I thought the I-134 Affidavit of Support needed a Notary but I don't see the space anymore for a Notary Signature and stamp ?

Nope...you don't need to notarize your I-134.

Thanks very much from helpful comments from those that already completed your interview.

Good luck! :star:

1. you can do that but somebody still has to sign on it, right? actually, your immediate supervisor can attest to your employment info, or anybody who has the authority (such as your HR officer) can do that for you.

the info you mentioned that you will include in the certification is adequate.

2. no problem with that, but if you don't want to have to worry, just attach that short explanation to your W2s/pay stubs.

3. no for your employment, but your fiancee should at KNOW about the two employments just in case (though unlikely) the CO sees it in your papers and quizzes your fiancee about it. and definitely the new address because she'll be putting that on the 156 and it will definitely show when USEM puts your papers together

4. i'm sure i wasn't one of those who suggested that (i remember your post about that). i'm not sure if homemaker is considered employment, but if you can supply other info (salary, supervisor, address etc) then go ahead. it might create sonfusion though w/USEM people if they see that she worked at her mother's house (the same address as your fiancee?) and she was paid for it? but since you already did, for consistency, just do the same

5. yes you can do that if you have no issue w/privacy. but actually your bank can give you a certification w/just the summary, -how long you've been a customer, how much you have in deposit total, and that certification is more official

6. leave that blank because it's not applicable

7. the truth, it doesn't matter to the CO until your paper is problematic, then they will advise you

8.remittance record? that is not true (CFO people have no business knowing that)

she should bring instead all personal info about you (she will fill out a form), passport w/or w.out the visa on it, photocopies of the info page of her passport (4-6 pcs), if goes there after she gets the visa, photocopy of visa page (4-6 pcs) parents' consent (depending on her age) and P650 total fee, extra money, yeah, a cenomar too, in case they ask for it out of the blue (they don't need it either)

9. no need for notarization

good luck and god bless! :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Thanks very much for your replies. We are preparing our paperwork now and your comments were really helpful :)

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

AOS timeline:

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

ROC Timeline:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. i'm preparing for my paperworks too. i got done with the CFO seminar. they didn't get anything from me except for the divorce decree of my fiance. they only ask personal questions about you and your fiance/fiancee. they are actually very nice people. they said they also check VJ often to see what people's experiences are and what they are saying about them lol.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I actually sent the letter that my company gave me when they hired me. And with this wonderful economy, my salary hasn't changed for almost 2 years, so my W2s and my taxes support the original hir letter.

I think it's more important that you show correctly salary so they can determine whether your fiancee & you meet guidelines for income.

Probably not an an issue but I'm not sure on this one.

I put unemployed on ours. I think they are pretty used to seeing unemployed people there.

I didn't send bank records, the way I read is that you should have at least two examples of financial evidence and if your salary is marginal then you should supply bank records, stocks, investments etc to support that you have funds above the guidelines.

It's a tax ID number for Philippines, not necessary for your fiancee to have for the interview.

We put No because they tell you to not make any plans until you have Visa.

CFO guides say bring two pieces of photo ID. My girl is sweating on this one now, because St. Lukes keeps her passport and she wants to do CFO at PRISM in Manila after St. Lukes. And the only other photo ID she has is her NBI Certificate.

If she is under 25, then a parental consent needs to be signed and notarized from her parents.

~Johnny~

hi. i'm preparing for my paperworks too. i got done with the CFO seminar. they didn't get anything from me except for the divorce decree of my fiance. they only ask personal questions about you and your fiance/fiancee. they are actually very nice people. they said they also check VJ often to see what people's experiences are and what they are saying about them lol.

[/quote

If the CFO employees are reading this forum, why don't they answer some of the CFO questions? :bonk::blink::help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.