john77

HELP!!!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I really need some help here.

I came to the U.S. from Canada on September 30th 2009 on a b-2 visa for 6 monthes. I showed the poe agent my return ticket and he stamped my Visa till March 30th (today) I just realized that my flight leaves here at 11pm so I will still be in the U.S. on the 31st. I have to stop in Phoenix and Philadelphia on the 31st before returning to Canada.

So my question is: Will I have overstayed my Visa and be banned from coming back?

Should i just stay and start the immigration process?

Please help cause I'm not sure if I should get on the plane or not tonight.

P.S. I got married to an American citizen on March 15th.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

As long as you are on the plane you will not have overstayed your visa. I had the same problems years ago because of a flight cancellation so I asked an officer and the answer was that they do understand that there could be problems. Don't stay here and try to fool them changing your status, you are better off explaining your situation...

this is just my opinion!

good luck

Hello, I really need some help here.

I came to the U.S. from Canada on September 30th 2009 on a b-2 visa for 6 monthes. I showed the poe agent my return ticket and he stamped my Visa till March 30th (today) I just realized that my flight leaves here at 11pm so I will still be in the U.S. on the 31st. I have to stop in Phoenix and Philadelphia on the 31st before returning to Canada.

So my question is: Will I have overstayed my Visa and be banned from coming back?

Should i just stay and start the immigration process?

Please help cause I'm not sure if I should get on the plane or not tonight.

P.S. I got married to an American citizen on March 15th.

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One day is FINE, it happend to me and I got stuck in chicago over night. When I got to canada I told them I missed my connecting flight and had to spend the night in chicago airport. The officer asked if they gave me a voucher for a hotel and I said nope had to sleep in the airport. And he said I bet your glad to be home then! and handed me back my passport and that was it. A day or two is fine, its something more like months and months of over stay that is the issue really.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Ya I will be on the plane but I need to transfer in Phoenix and Philadelphia and I'm just worried that if I have to go through customs again. Thanks for the reply though.

There isn't customs when you travel between states. Depending on your airport, you might not even go through security again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The Departure date is when you leave the US, not when you start your journey.

So that would be when your International flight departs.

It sounds like your B2 will be void, but it will not impact your immigration visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.