MDD

Tourist visas from Ukraine

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Could those who have experience getting tourist visas for parents/relatives/friends in Ukraine to come and visit US let me know if the documents that prove ties to Ukraine should be translated into English/notarized?

I did all of that for my K-1 visa, but with the non-immigrant visa I am not sure if I should translate those documents for my parents?

Any insight will be much helpful and appreciated.

Timeline

Could those who have experience getting tourist visas for parents/relatives/friends in Ukraine to come and visit US let me know if the documents that prove ties to Ukraine should be translated into English/notarized?

I did all of that for my K-1 visa, but with the non-immigrant visa I am not sure if I should translate those documents for my parents?

Any insight will be much helpful and appreciated.

documents given to the consulate should be English or with an English translation. You can translate them yourself. The K-1 is also a non-immigrant visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

documents given to the consulate should be English or with an English translation. You can translate them yourself. The K-1 is also a non-immigrant visa.

i would say good luck with this!!! i tried 2 times to get my sweety here on b2 visa!!! and was total waist of money!!!

When i am there for interview, i will ask how can i get mom a visa to come and see us, with out all that standered no reason to go home ####### they give everytime!!!

good luck with this!!! not easitest thing to get in ukraine!!! :no::bonk::thumbs:

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Timeline

Thanks for your response. I know that K-1 is non-immigrant visa but you know that it's a visa with an intent to immigrate and so it's a different ball game of how you apply and what you provide. I have a question, did you have experience getting a b1/b2? Because I applied for this one myself long time ago and at that stage I didn't have to provide translation. The officer went through documents in Ukrainian. I am not sure about now as I don't see that anywhere in the consulate website guidelines.

i would say good luck with this!!! i tried 2 times to get my sweety here on b2 visa!!! and was total waist of money!!!

When i am there for interview, i will ask how can i get mom a visa to come and see us, with out all that standered no reason to go home ####### they give everytime!!!

good luck with this!!! not easitest thing to get in ukraine!!! :no::bonk::thumbs:

Thank you, I know we need lots of luck. I applied for this one myself back when I was dating my now husband. No surprise there, got denied. With this one, I just hope that we can provide much more proof of my parents' ties to Ukraine than I could at that point. But i am prepared for any outcome, although it will be so sad if my parents can't come. We want to have a reception for our wedding with them here since when we got married, it was just a small thing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for your response. I know that K-1 is non-immigrant visa but you know that it's a visa with an intent to immigrate and so it's a different ball game of how you apply and what you provide. I have a question, did you have experience getting a b1/b2? Because I applied for this one myself long time ago and at that stage I didn't have to provide translation. The officer went through documents in Ukrainian. I am not sure about now as I don't see that anywhere in the consulate website guidelines.

Thank you, I know we need lots of luck. I applied for this one myself back when I was dating my now husband. No surprise there, got denied. With this one, I just hope that we can provide much more proof of my parents' ties to Ukraine than I could at that point. But i am prepared for any outcome, although it will be so sad if my parents can't come. We want to have a reception for our wedding with them here since when we got married, it was just a small thing.

I think a good rule of thumb is to translate things into English. I wouldn't expect the translations to require notarization unless explicitly required by the embassy.

I am dealing with Russia which may be different than Ukraine. But getting a visa for you MIL is a complete horse of a different color compared to getting a tourist visa for your girlfriend/fiancee. My MIL got a 1 year tourist visa to come to the wedding without any significant trouble. She just renewed the visa for another 2 years so she can visit this summer and be here when the baby comes. She didn't even have to interview for the renewal. She just sent in documents and money and they sent a visa. When I say renewed, of course it's a separate visa. I just mean that since she applied for a new one while the old one was still active, they gave her the new one with essentially no questions asked.

Timeline

I think a good rule of thumb is to translate things into English. I wouldn't expect the translations to require notarization unless explicitly required by the embassy.

I am dealing with Russia which may be different than Ukraine. But getting a visa for you MIL is a complete horse of a different color compared to getting a tourist visa for your girlfriend/fiancee. My MIL got a 1 year tourist visa to come to the wedding without any significant trouble. She just renewed the visa for another 2 years so she can visit this summer and be here when the baby comes. She didn't even have to interview for the renewal. She just sent in documents and money and they sent a visa. When I say renewed, of course it's a separate visa. I just mean that since she applied for a new one while the old one was still active, they gave her the new one with essentially no questions asked.

Thanks! I'll just translate them. I heard that parents have better chances than single girls, but you know, it's always unpredictable. Your post helps to stay hopeful though :).

Timeline

Thanks! I'll just translate them. I heard that parents have better chances than single girls, but you know, it's always unpredictable. Your post helps to stay hopeful though :).

SMR is correct about the next visa being issued without the interview. The same practice exists in Kiev.

My friend's mother did that. She got her first visa and every time after that, there's just a drop box (and you have to drop it off on a special day) where you put your passport, application and a fee, and they just send the passport back with the visa.

Best of luck to you! I know we'll have to go through all that next year for in-laws

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

We are working on the same thing - MIL to come in the fall. She is working on gathering for transalation her statement of ownership in her flat, marriage proof (FIL will remain in Ukraine), proof of employment/pension, bank statement, and anything else we can think of. We are using an agency to do the translations for form sake.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.