Kimbear

We got it We got it!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!!!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Each step closer feels so good. Congrats, Kimbear! My fiance' just called saying he finished his medical in Toronto. I am counting the days to May 3!

Filed: Other Timeline

Kimbear-Congrats on passing your interview, and thanks for sharing about that here on VJ! :thumbs::star:

Good luck on the rest of your journey, and good luck in your upcoming POE and wedding too!

Ant

For being letter A, I'm a bit late writing this, but it kinda didn't sink in right away :)

We left the hotel around 6:10 got to the consulate at 6:20 ish. A few ppl showed up shortly thereafter. One of the vjers we met was stef loves bran. Was a wee bit cold -10. The hotel was soo close like not even 5 mins to walk.

They opened the doors around 7:30ish, i had no watch or anyway to tell the time until we got upstairs. Someone didn't put the letters back so they had to hand scribble the letters on pieces of scrap paper..lol. I joked about how it looked like a Monday and the guards kinda laughed and joked back. They were nice and friendly. Went through security then downstairs to the elevator.

Guard came shortly after to take a-e up. Once upstairs we were told to sit on one side of the room. I figured at least 3 ppl in that elevator were vj'ers..as we were the only ones facing the right way LOL. It was 8am at this point. A few minutes later we got called to window 11, David was given a paper to go pay the 131$usd, and come back. The lady at window 11 was super nice.

She asked me for passport and copy, birth certificate and copy, medical, police cert, letter of intent, i 134 and evidence. Pictures, and envelope. I went to give her the pic from the online ds-160 form and she said she didn't need it even though i did the form without uploading it. She asked me to make sure my info was still correct, all i had to change was phone number. David gave her the receipt from paying the fee.

Went and sat down for another maybe 10 mins. She called me back up, did the fingerprinting, went and sat down again. Was maybe 8:30 by this time. Around 15 mins later we were called to room 8 to see the co.

He had us swear to tell the truth, asked how we met, when we met in person, when we decided to get married, who proposed to who, where david worked and what he did. If he had any siblings etc. Asked if i had any issues with police, or border, to which i replied about my border refusal in 2008. explained why i was turned around and how scary it was being fingerprinted, photographed etc. he apologized and said thats not how they purposely treat their CDN neighbours, but that the cbp do have a job to do to which i said i understand this etc. and if i knew then what i know now..well :) Asked if we had gone back and forth to visit each other and when my last trip was.

Then he took my fingerprint, and said Congratulations, and handed me the K1 FAQ letter. I clapped my hands did a little jump in the air and said "yay!" along with ty ty ty :) He said the visa would be mailed out WED and hopefully since i had the priority next am envelope i might get it thursday, if not Monday.

all in all it took an hour and we were out of there by 9am. and finished eating breakfast by 20 after at the hotel :)

We were literally with the CO about a grand total of 5-10 mins if that long even! I know ppl have said this before but until you go through it..you really do not realize how simple easy fast and painless the actual interview is..

Thank you so much for all your help. I really could not have stayed sane. 381 days and i finally have my k1 approval. soon as i get my passport, i'm leaving the same day for Chicago, and will post my poe review then. As for right now. I'm going to go snuggle next to my sleeping exhausted fiance who drove from chicago to montreal for me.

HUGS

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.