Yasi

Called NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just called NVC and heard the same answer that I have heard for the past 15 months. AP is still pending. :angry:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I asked the lady (Lu) if there has been any progress, she said it's still pending. I asked is it on hold... she said no, it's still pending... I didn't need her... they should have a recorder answer my call or better yet a robot...

I then told her it's been 15 months... she said I see that... WOW.... double WOW :huh:

So I wonder is no news good news.... But then I am worried... what's going on? Why is this taking so long?

I know no one has an answer... I wished someone did... :blink:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Gosh Yasi, this is awful what they are putting you through. Your case has not ever even left the NVC? Wow, I didn't think they kept them there that long. What the heck are they doing to it that could take over a freaking year? This is unbelieveable, I am so sorry to hear this....it makes me very sad to hear what you are going through. I know how the pain feels to be away from the person you love and waiting, I had to wait 6 months for the NOA2, which is nothing compared to your wait, but it was awful for me. Now my case is at NVC, and it has been there for a few weeks, I hoping and praying it is not there very long. I will keep you in my prayers as well, Yasi, that your case resolves soon. Good Luck and Best Wishes to you.

~Stacey

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yasi I don't even know what to say... it is mind boggling to think that it's taking so long to leave NVC... it would be nice if they would give you some more info... have you tried speaking to someone higher up? is that even a possibility at the NVC??

you're in my prayers (F)

edited to say I just read your timeline more closely and I think I got my answer - so sorry you're going through this.

Edited by Omid

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline
Gosh Yasi, this is awful what they are putting you through. Your case has not ever even left the NVC? Wow, I didn't think they kept them there that long. What the heck are they doing to it that could take over a freaking year? This is unbelieveable, I am so sorry to hear this....it makes me very sad to hear what you are going through. I know how the pain feels to be away from the person you love and waiting, I had to wait 6 months for the NOA2, which is nothing compared to your wait, but it was awful for me. Now my case is at NVC, and it has been there for a few weeks, I hoping and praying it is not there very long. I will keep you in my prayers as well, Yasi, that your case resolves soon. Good Luck and Best Wishes to you.

~Stacey

Thank you and same to you. Hopefully yours would move faster. :yes::yes:

Yasi :star:

Yasi I don't even know what to say... it is mind boggling to think that it's taking so long to leave NVC... it would be nice if they would give you some more info... have you tried speaking to someone higher up? is that even a possibility at the NVC??

you're in my prayers (F)

edited to say I just read your timeline more closely and I think I got my answer - so sorry you're going through this.

Thank you Omid... That's so kind of you. It seems that nothing and no one can do anything at this point. All I can do is pray...

Thanks for praying for us...

YAsi (F):star:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry Yasi it's taking so long. I know it's frustrating and many other words that i can't even write here. I'm in the same boat here, just waiting a little less (13 months since i've filed). Take one day at a time, try to live your life (or pretend for your healt and wellbeing) like it's going as you want it to. My last 'deadline' was to see him by the end of summer, lol. Now i'm waiting till November. I know it's not something you wanted to do - wait, but you will get through and it will be all right, girl! I know it will, and i believe it too; same as for me. OK. I don't remember if i read if you got anyone else 'working' on your case like a Congress person or someone like that. Have you tried that? I know so far it's not helping my case, but who knows? Maybe it'll help.

I keep everyone here on VJ in my prayers, so you're in them too.

hugs

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wowwww that seems like such an unreasonably long delay you are having to endure.... I am really sorry.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you -- hope you get good news very soon.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

Yasi, I want so much to offer you some magical words of wisdom, but I just don't have any. All I can say to you is what I keep telling myself... at some point in time (and only God knows when) this part of the journey has to reach a conclusion.

As I said in another thread, Mohammed reminded me to stop thinking about the visa and about "tomorrow" and to just be happy with eachother as we were before the whole visa nightmare began. I know it's so damn hard to put those dreams away. It's like cutting off an arm. But the dream remains, your love is real, and tomorrow always comes.

I'm feeling you. I'm here to help if I can. Hugs.

Timeline
I'm sorry Yasi it's taking so long. I know it's frustrating and many other words that i can't even write here. I'm in the same boat here, just waiting a little less (13 months since i've filed). Take one day at a time, try to live your life (or pretend for your healt and wellbeing) like it's going as you want it to. My last 'deadline' was to see him by the end of summer, lol. Now i'm waiting till November. I know it's not something you wanted to do - wait, but you will get through and it will be all right, girl! I know it will, and i believe it too; same as for me. OK. I don't remember if i read if you got anyone else 'working' on your case like a Congress person or someone like that. Have you tried that? I know so far it's not helping my case, but who knows? Maybe it'll help.

I keep everyone here on VJ in my prayers, so you're in them too.

hugs

Tanya

Thank you Tanya... I have contacted a congresswoman, Senator Boxer, emailed FBI, and called FBI yesterday. I was told they can't say since the checks are being done in Washington DC and they're back logged. I just have to wait.... I will keep trying to find a way.... Thanks for your prayers... You're in prayers as well. :yes:

Wowwww that seems like such an unreasonably long delay you are having to endure.... I am really sorry.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you -- hope you get good news very soon.

(F)

-MK

Thank you... I really hope so too... (F)

Yasi, I want so much to offer you some magical words of wisdom, but I just don't have any. All I can say to you is what I keep telling myself... at some point in time (and only God knows when) this part of the journey has to reach a conclusion.

As I said in another thread, Mohammed reminded me to stop thinking about the visa and about "tomorrow" and to just be happy with eachother as we were before the whole visa nightmare began. I know it's so damn hard to put those dreams away. It's like cutting off an arm. But the dream remains, your love is real, and tomorrow always comes.

I'm feeling you. I'm here to help if I can. Hugs.

I know what you mean. It is very hard and the worry keeps getting in the way. Every morning I wake up the first thing that comes to my mind is when and how long more... when do I see him again. Sometimes I have no energy to think about it. I am mentally exhausted... BUT I still go on and pray that God takes me through this.

Best of luck to you Jean... You're almost there... Hang in there. You're in my prayers. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.