gezzuzz

Slow processing?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

By now you should have received your NOA2. If you paid the $455 fee by personal check, access your online banking and look to see if the check has been cashed. If so, you'll see your case number on the back of the cancelled check (Vermont cases start with EAC).

Once you have your case number from the back of your check, go to the USCIS.Gov website and create your own account. YOU can track your case status there and set up email or text message updates.

Many, many people on VJ who have used lawyers in the past have complained about delays in their cases due to their lawyers not communicating with them on a timely basis. Set up your own account on USCIS.Gov and you'll know if your case needs attention (ie: a RFE).

Good luck,

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As already suggested, check your account to see if the transaction posted. Clearly, the individual whom prepared your petition may not have submitted it promptly. See if you can get the receipt of mailing from him/her verifying when it actually was sent. I presume you are paying a premium for the "service," so they owe you that much.

To give you an idea of how long it should take, I sent mine via FedEx from the Philippines, the check was cashed within the week, and shortly thereafter we received our NAO1.

Just for the sake of mentioning it, I'd also ask for a full copy of the petition in order to cross-check it against the guides here on VJ to be certain it was put together properly. Unfortunately, there are many individuals out there whom are neither prompt or detail-oriented, both of which can create serious problems for you down the road. Particularly if you are not playing a role in the process.

Look into the payment made to the USCIS, demand a receipt of shipment from the lawyer, and request a full copy of the petition as it was submitted. If it was sent -- late or not -- and they refuse the latter two, keep your fingers crossed and keep checking with the USCIS. If you can retrieve your case number, create your account online to see where it stands.

Personally, if I were in your shoes and found out the petition had not been sent out yet, depending on the fee you paid I'd consider sending it myself. It's very easy so long as you put some thought into it, and learning the process -- even if it takes a little time -- is well worth the effort. It's an important situation, and not always best to put it into the hands of someone that may or may not care a great deal.

Just my .02

Good luck. And if you need any assistance, use this resource. With everyone's experience at your disposal, nearly any question should be answered relatively quickly.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Timeline

"Just for the sake of mentioning it, I'd also ask for a full copy of the petition in order to cross-check it against the guides here on VJ to be certain it was put together properly. Unfortunately, there are many individuals out there whom are neither prompt or detail-oriented, both of which can create serious problems for you down the road. Particularly if you are not playing a role in the process".

OP - this is good advice and I assume that your lawyer has already provided you with a complete copy of the I-129F. I know you assumed that having a lawyer filing your paperwork would make the process quicker, some even "guarantee success", but from what's been evidenced here on VJ by others - the use of a lawyer doesn't "guarantee success" or even a timely petition processing. The only time we'll recommend the use of an attorney is if your case has unusual characteristics which would require someone specialized in immigration law (ie: a needed waiver).

Good luck in the process and remember... You paid your lawyer good money to fill out your forms and fiel your petition. If you don't feel like you're getting good customer service, keep calling the attorney. They'll get the message that they might want to stay on top of your petition.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

you have not even received your NOA1?

no i have not received my NOA1

check has not been cashed.

my lawyer sent me a copy of my packet.

i left him a voice mail today.. ill give him to monday to respond.

i paid $1500.. i just wanted to make sure my packet got done right.. might of been a waste..

will see what happens monday

Timeline

when i call the visa processing number they say that im not in teh system.. they never gave me any indication that maybe something happen.. i was under the impression they were just behind.. but if people get their checks cashed right away i getting worried..

i cross my fingers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi There,

Im doing any kind of forms for the first time. VJ is a good resource. It helped me a lot. I wud suggest get info from your lawyer if he sent it or no. If you can check timelines of others.. usually NOA1 gets in to you within 10-14days after filing. So you shud hav gotten yours by now. or may be NOA2.

Keep calling your Lawyer until u get a answer.

Take care

My K-1 TimeLine

08/19/09 - Saw her first time after 7yrs through common friends profile.
08/25/09 - Met her after 7yrs. Spent almost 13hrs together.
09/09/09 - Proposed her for first time.
09/16/09 - Proposal accepted from her on conditional basis (If Parents Agree)
09/27/09 - Parents met me and interrogated me. Approved!!!
10/02/09 - Unofficial Engagement between families when they met.
10/25/09 - Official Engagement Day.
10/25/09 - Same night flying back to U.S
02/23/10 - Got my Citizenship.
03/22/10 - I-129F/K1 Filed for my Darling.
03/24/10 - NOA1 Checked online
03/27/10 - Touched
03/31/10 - NOA1 Hard Copy
06/01/10 - NOA2 Yepeeeeeeeeeeee...69 days..
06/07/10 - NOA2 Hard Copy.
07/02/10 - Packet 3 Received.
07/06/10 - Packet 3 sent and interview date received.
09/07/10 - Interview & Visa Approved( 167 Days )!!!!
10/12/10 - POE Chicago, IL.
10/22/10 - Wedding Lock
12/30/10 - AOS Filed/EAD Filed/AP Filed.
02/12/11 - AP Approved.
03/04/11 - EAD Approved and Card Received in a Week.
03/25/11 - AOS Approved, Green Card Received in a Week.

07/20/14 - I-400 Application Sent

07/28/14- I-400 NOA

09/08/14 - I-400 Fingerprint Done

10/22/14 - Interview Passed

11/28/14 - Citizenship Received

Timeline

OK my laywer mailed my package to the vermont processing center on 2/12.. its 3/27 and they still say im not in the system?

anyone recently submitted a package to this office?

Typically, NOA-1 is received very quickly (4 -5 days) after the petition is filed. Who wrote the check...you or the lawyer? Do you have "evidence" that the lawyer mailed your package OR did he/she simply tell you that it had been mailed? Something is definitely fishy with this situation.

Final comment: Having a lawyer do this petitioning process for you is a waste of time/money on your part. All can be done by YOU by following the guides in this forum. Everyone is here to help you. The attorney has no personal interest in your petition process....but, YOU DO!!!!

Best Wishes,

Franc

12.31.2009 I-129F Visa Petition rec'd at CSC

01.04.2010 I-797 NOA Receipt Notice WAC1006xxxxxx

03.02.2010 Request for Evidence: CSC wanted copy of previous divorce decree. Arrived @ CSC 03.12.1010

03.16.2010 I-797 NOA-2 Approved and sent from California Service Center 71 Days from NOA-1

03.16.2010 USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center.

03.23.2010 NVC sent file to U.S. Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica! SNJ2010XXXXXX

03.26.2010 Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 24, 2010 in the mail.

03.27.2010 File arrived @ U.S. Embassy.

04.07.2010 Embassy called for Elsie to come and get Packet #3. She will pick up April 13th.

04.08.2010 Embassy e-mailed Packet #3 to me today.

04.15.2010 Interview scheduled for 30 April 2010

04.30.2010 Visas approved...pick up everything on 5/4/2010 @ 3pm.

05.05.2010 Traveling together to the USA...POE Denver, Colorado

07.28.2010 Married today...end to a long journey with more to come!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OK my laywer mailed my package to the vermont processing center on 2/12.. its 3/27 and they still say im not in the system?

anyone recently submitted a package to this office?

Do you have the delivery confirmation? Have they cashed your check? That is very long to wait for an NOA1. Your attorney has messed something up...now there is something you don't hear every day.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

no i have not received my NOA1

check has not been cashed.

my lawyer sent me a copy of my packet.

i left him a voice mail today.. ill give him to monday to respond.

i paid $1500.. i just wanted to make sure my packet got done right.. might of been a waste..

will see what happens monday

It hasn't been sent. The government doesn't waste time to cash checks. Ask your worthless attorney for delivery confirmation, NOT a copy of the file, that doesn't prove anything was sent. The other option is that the attorney forgot to attch the check and after a couple weeks the VSC returned the package and he sent along the check with the package again and neglected to tell you of his mistake. I would be so surprised if he messed up and didn't tell you...wouldn't you?

so what exactly did he do for $1500? Filled out the I-129 and the G-325 with information you gave him? what a guy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

ok talked to my laywer today.. he wants to refile.. i will go in monday and demand proof he sent it.. he he has a tacking number and it shows delivered then i guess it would not be his fault. But if he cant provide this info i will demand my money back and find another laywer or do it myself. If i have to i will sue him.. there is no way he can give me the month and a half i wasted back to me. im mad but i have to give him the benefit of doubt for now.. If this was his fault i will file a complaint with the state..

im also mad at the visa processing center.. when i called them after 30 days they could of told me that it should of been processed by now..

Edited by gezzuzz

Timeline

just found out that the package never made it to the post office.. I have tracking number but the post office never scanned it..

If we tracked this sooner we would of known.. big waste of time. but nothing i can do about it but start over..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We had submitted our I-129F to VSC on 2/10/2010 and recieved our NOA1 on 2/16/2010. We have not yet recieved our NOA2 but are anxiuously waiting. I understand how you feel. Like the others were saying, go to USCIS site ans set up an account that way you know whats going on and definitely talk with you lawyer and find out whats going on. Good Luck!

TIMELINE

FEBRUARY 27,2009 - Meet

MARCH 27,2009 - Flew to Ghana to meet Evans and his family

APRIL 8,2009 - Returned to USA

FEBRUARY 10,2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - Received NOA 1 ( Hard Copy)

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - touched

NONE- RFE received

MAY 21,2010 - Touched

MAY 21,2010 - NOA2 received (EMAIL)

MAY 26,2010 - NOA 2 received hard copy

MAY 26,2010 - NVC received

June 10,2010 - NVC sent to Embassy of Ghana

June 14,2010 - EMBASSY received (got an e-mail after sending them an e-mail)

June 23rd - July 2nd - Going to Ghana

July 28,2010 - Packet 3 & 4

November 9,2010 - Medicals

November 15,2010 - Vaccinations (4 shots. the next 2 shots are on the 14th)

December 21,2010 - Interview

March 31,2011 - 2nd Interview

?? - Visa pick-up date

?? - EVANS arrival

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Get married

?? - Start AOS process

event.png

event.png

event.png

GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.