Sveta and Ko

Is it possible to transfer K1 interview closer due to medical reasons?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OK friends. Here we go. The reasons I am really nervous are the following:

- she is three month pregnant;

- she needs a surgery due to a cyst found during routine ultra-sound. The cyst is very big.

It is much better to have the surgery done in US.

She is covered by my health insurance in US, so won't become a public charge. Sure she will get all the papers if consulate asks about the proof.

The interview is set up on May 19. The sooner the surgery is done the better. What are our chances to get the interview closer? Any other thoughts?

Filed: Timeline

Your chances are almost non-existent to get it moved up closer, unfortunately. I've never seen them move up an appointment for anybody. You can try emailing the consulate, it can't hurt. But don't get your hopes up.

You might want to pay for a private healthcare policy for her while you are waiting. The price over there is a lot less than it is over here, and the private healthcare system in Russia is actually very good. Have her look into this and see what the cost is.

Timeline

Your chances are almost non-existent to get it moved up closer, unfortunately. I've never seen them move up an appointment for anybody. You can try emailing the consulate, it can't hurt. But don't get your hopes up.

You might want to pay for a private healthcare policy for her while you are waiting. The price over there is a lot less than it is over here, and the private healthcare system in Russia is actually very good. Have her look into this and see what the cost is.

It is not the insurance issue. I mentioned insurance just to say that she will not become a public charge, because it might cause a visa denial. It is simply a matter of her health and saving the child! No matter how it is screwed up (do not start me on this) I trust the medical system in US more. Besides, she needs me to be next to her when she goes under surgery. And I can not travel to Russia right now, because I have an 8 year old child on hands and my work.

I understand. What I mean is that the national health system in Russia leaves a lot to be desired, and so I too would be worried if my SO were to go under the knife in the normal healthcare system there. What I'm saying is that if she must have surgery in Russia, the best thing you can do is buy her a private healthcare policy in Russia. The private health clinics and medical centers in Russia are top notch, comparable to anything you'll find in Western Europe and even the US.

You've got nothing to lose emailing the consulate and trying to have the interview date moved up, but I have yet to see it happen. Llet us know what they say.

Edited by mox

Timeline

I understand. What I mean is that the national health system in Russia leaves a lot to be desired, and so I too would be worried if my SO were to go under the knife in the normal healthcare system there. What I'm saying is that if she must have surgery in Russia, the best thing you can do is buy her a private healthcare policy in Russia. The private health clinics and medical centers in Russia are top notch, comparable to anything you'll find in Western Europe and even the US.

You've got nothing to lose emailing the consulate and trying to have the interview date moved up, but I have yet to see it happen. Llet us know what they say.

Thanks. We already planning the surgery at the top place in St.-Petersburg for such things. This is plan B ... or A.

I am worry if an email to the consulate asking to transfer the date might do any harm or look suspicious and trigger some additional review? After we got an AP at NVC out of nowhere I am afraid to inflict any more damage.

Thanks. We already planning the surgery at the top place in St.-Petersburg for such things. This is plan B ... or A.

I am worry if an email to the consulate asking to transfer the date might do any harm or look suspicious and trigger some additional review? After we got an AP at NVC out of nowhere I am afraid to inflict any more damage.

I asked for and received a delay on my original interview, and it was approved with no questions asked. That was different of course, but I don't see why they'd think it was suspicious if you just told them that your fiancee is pregnant and requires a minor surgery, could they please find it in their hearts to maybe move the interview closer so that she could have the surgery in the US? I really don't think you need to go into any detail, just the major facts and the request to move it up. Give a specific date that you'd like (or at least a "week of" date) and who knows, you might get lucky. :)

Timeline

I asked for and received a delay on my original interview, and it was approved with no questions asked. That was different of course, but I don't see why they'd think it was suspicious if you just told them that your fiancee is pregnant and requires a minor surgery, could they please find it in their hearts to maybe move the interview closer so that she could have the surgery in the US? I really don't think you need to go into any detail, just the major facts and the request to move it up. Give a specific date that you'd like (or at least a "week of" date) and who knows, you might get lucky. :)

From what I read, it is much easier to delay the interview than to speed it up. She wants to give it a try too. That by itself tells me how serious the situation is. Thanks for such a detailed advise.

Timeline

Medem is very, very good. I would go there, personally, if I needed any kind of surgery.

Thanks for the advise. We found ties in Otto. They specialize in obstetrician for God's know how long. Generations on my relatives were born there :)

Well, the fact is that she is scared and was crying for days. She is better now cause she is strong. I am just going insane slowly but surely.

Edited - Inappropriate joke removed.

Edited by slim

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

:rofl: still funny. Too late

Well at least somebody got it.

Still inappropriate though. Russian superstitions and all.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.