hopps

some last worries.....

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

4 questions of my worries...

1. my fiance doesn't have her vaccination card but she is very sure she had all her vaccinations....should I be super worried for her medical exam???

2. Also I have no idea what the poverty line here in Califronia USA is but I make $22,000 a year, with life insurance, and a few assets (like a car)....do you think I will pass for the affidavit of support?

3. My fiance hasn't gotten her documents and instructions from the US embassy in manila for 2 weeks already...does this take more time or they just didn't send it?

4. AM I WORRYING WAY TOO MUCH???

4 questions of my worries...

1. my fiance doesn't have her vaccination card but she is very sure she had all her vaccinations....should I be super worried for her medical exam???

2. Also I have no idea what the poverty line here in Califronia USA is but I make $22,000 a year, with life insurance, and a few assets (like a car)....do you think I will pass for the affidavit of support?

3. My fiance hasn't gotten her documents and instructions from the US embassy in manila for 2 weeks already...does this take more time or they just didn't send it?

4. AM I WORRYING WAY TOO MUCH???

1. NO

2. maybe somebody can answer that

3. USEM dont send instructions anymore she can download it on USEM website

4. YES!

goodluck! :thumbs:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Timeline

1. NO

2. maybe somebody can answer that

3. USEM dont send instructions anymore she can download it on USEM website

4. YES!

goodluck! :thumbs:

Thank you very much. Would you happen to have the USEM website on hand?

thank you very much. I still need question number 2 answered if anyone has it?

In effect until March 31, 2010...

The 2009 Poverty Guidelines for the

48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia Persons in family Poverty guideline

1 $10,830

2 14,570

3 18,310

4 22,050

5 25,790

6 29,530

7 33,270

8 37,010

For families with more than 8 persons, add $3,740 for each additional person.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

And it's 125% of those figures, but for 2 people that's $18,212 so you're fine.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Don't feel too bad about worrying! We all have been through it and it just ain't no fun when you feel like they are pulling you a million different directions... Relax and it will all be over before you know it. Wish you both luck and many years of Happiness!!!:thumbs:

Edited by DARUMA07

Timeline

Don't feel too bad about worrying! We all have been through it and it just ain't no fun when you feel like they are pulling you a million different directions... Relax and it will all be over before you know it. Wish you both luck and many years of Happiness!!!:thumbs:

thank you so much for your reassurance. You've all helped me so much during this journey. I really appreciate it.

Timeline

Hopps when are you/beneficiary going to St Luke's? My Milagros is boarding a plane in a few and then going first thing Monday morning..

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

Hopps when are you/beneficiary going to St Luke's? My Milagros is boarding a plane in a few and then going first thing Monday morning..

well the NVC told me that they were going to send my fiance a packet but never did. so I think hopefully she'll be going to lukes next week sometime. I hope.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well the NVC told me that they were going to send my fiance a packet but never did. so I think hopefully she'll be going to lukes next week sometime. I hope.

All she needs is the MNL case number from NVC and a copy of the NOA2 and she can do the medical exam. There's a really good walk-through of St. Stuke's that is pinned here in the Philippines forum... :thumbs:

~Johnny~

Timeline

All she needs is the MNL case number from NVC and a copy of the NOA2 and she can do the medical exam. There's a really good walk-through of St. Stuke's that is pinned here in the Philippines forum... :thumbs:

Yeah I had Milagros print that off, and told her to just be pushy if they don't let her take the medical exam without a packet from the NVC.. She's already memorized the MNL # (I also asked her to write it down in case she gets nervous) :rofl:

I sent her some money, she used our credit card to buy a plane ticket, and I think we're good to go.. Here's hoping for a great week!

:dance:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

Yeah I had Milagros print that off, and told her to just be pushy if they don't let her take the medical exam without a packet from the NVC.. She's already memorized the MNL # (I also asked her to write it down in case she gets nervous) :rofl:

I sent her some money, she used our credit card to buy a plane ticket, and I think we're good to go.. Here's hoping for a great week!

:dance:

so do you think my fiance will ever get the packet or should she just get going? the medical exam doesn't need an appointment?

Timeline

so do you think my fiance will ever get the packet or should she just get going? the medical exam doesn't need an appointment?

Also, here are my answers.

1. The nurses who give vaccine shots will ask for document to prove that the Filipina already completed the vaccine shots. Anyway, if she can't show a document, she will only be given vaccines that are age appropriate and said it does not really badly affect the health. If she has already had chicken pox they will ask for scars. I had four vaccine shots when I went to my exam. I was not able to prove I already had my chicken pox so they gave me a chicken pox shot.

3. When I was still there, I sent an email to the USEM if they already received my case. They responded to me after a week and told me that they got it and they don't send packets anymore, that I just had to go the website and see there all what I need to prepare. They sent my confirmation letter to my Fiance in US. He scanned it and emailed it to me. I printed it.

When I came to St Lukes, what I showed was the printed scanned document of confirming I was already scheduled for interview. I also printed confirmation letters sent to me online but then the guard want the one with the logo. Please be advised that no other people aside from the applicant can get in St. Lukes.

I got one confirmation letter too but it was days after I had my medical exam already. Blame it on SLOOOW SNAIL MAIL.

It is best though to have the medical exam two weeks rather than a month before the interview so that the papers on your medical exam are processed closer on the interview date. I had mine a week before my interview and went fine. Positive TB testing can delay your application though and they will move your interview date if it's too soon.

4. I understand how you can worry a lot.

AOS timeline

05 Feb 2010 - Sent AOS package

08 Feb 2010 - Package arrived in the lockbox (confirmed through USPS) - received date

20 Feb 2010 - NOA1 AOS/EAD (hard copies) - notice date for both is 16 Feb 2010

27 Feb 2010 - Biometrics A. Letter Arrived (schedule: March 19)

10 Mar 2010 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics (schedule was: March 19)

10-11 Mar 2010 - two touches on both cases after my walk-in Biometrics

26 Mar 2010 - Received the notice in the mail requesting to appear in an interview

15 Apr 2010 - EAD Card production ordered notice received via email

16 Apr 2010 - EAD touched again

21 Apr 2010 - EAD touched (post-decision activity)

22 Apr 2010 - EAD touched

24 Apr 2010 - EAD card in the mail

28 Apr 2010 - Interview date --- approved =) / case touched

11 May 2010 - card production ordered

29 May 2010 - received green card in the mail

View my whole visa to aos timeline here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.